• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most talented kid in 4a?

Started by Lavar ball 45, December 05, 2017, 12:38:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STUNNA

Burks today..
124 rushing yards
5 catches 188 yards
4 tds
18 tackles
1 interception
1 sack
The good thing about it was Chad Morris had a front row seat to the best show in all of Arkansas. His best play of the game was on his punt where two arky guys were trying to block him he throws them off and hammers the returner.

BM22

December 09, 2017, 09:35:06 pm #101 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:28:17 am by BM22
Quote from: STUNNA on December 09, 2017, 06:50:27 pm
Burks today..
124 rushing yards
5 catches 188 yards
4 tds
18 tackles
1 interception
1 sack
The good thing about it was Chad Morris had a front row seat to the best show in all of Arkansas. His best play of the game was on his punt where two arky guys were trying to block him he throws them off and hammers the returner.
Wow! Awesome game and he has another year of high school left. Glad that Morris was there to see him play.

PiratePride03

Burks was cheated out of the MVP trophy today.   If not for that kid,  Arky wins by 50!  He scored all their points,  and had half their tackles on defense.   Lord I hope that young man wears Razorback Red one day soon!

richboy

Quote from: STUNNA on December 09, 2017, 08:21:34 am
This is correct. Well he can't be that good he only had 86 yards receiving against warren his senior year.. lol... or maybe that's just Arkadelphia fans think.. lol
hunter henry starts for the chargers in the nfl... Won the award for rookie te...

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 09, 2017, 08:06:23 am
You haven't seen a kid from 4A start on an SEC team? The Hogs had 2 just last year.
who are the hogs supposed to be? They can barely beat low low d1 schools. Better yet win anything imo...

richboy

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 09, 2017, 01:26:25 pm
Yeah, might do richboy good to simply remain silent after that. What an insane comment on his comment. There are 4A players in the NFL for crying out loud.
who are the razorbacks supposed to be? How many games did they win this year?? Ill wait!  They can barely beat LOW LOW D1 school dude... Sorry not sorry. Half the players you named domt even start they get pt......

STUNNA

Overdahill

Quote from: richboy on December 10, 2017, 12:51:58 am
hunter henry starts for the chargers in the nfl... Won the award for rookie te...

Hello? Stunna's comment was tongue in cheek!

fourpeat

Quote from: BM22 on December 09, 2017, 09:28:34 am
I agree. I hope Morris builds a tall recruiting fence around the state. Hogs are always at their best when we get the majority of our top instate talent. Hope Burks is a future Razorback.
I agree!  Home-boys seem to have more pride in the Razorbacks than out-of-state athletes.  They call the Hogs a little louder, want to win a little more, and play till the last whistle sounds a little better.  Don't get me wrong, we need out-of-state athletes, and they become Hogs, but I just prefer to have home-boys lined up when it's 4th and goal at the 1 on defense with 2 seconds left and leading by 4 points.  Man, after what I saw yesterday, I hope we get Burks!

STUNNA

Quote from: Overdahill on December 10, 2017, 07:25:59 am
Hello? Stunna's comment was tongue in cheek!

No duh... my comment was to him saying nobody in 4a was worthy. And he said Burks wasn't because he only had 98 yards rushing and 4 tds against Robinson. My response was well Henry only had 86 yards against warren a couple years ago. Then i said he must not be able to see talent. Everyone catch up. This topic should be shut anyways at least until next season is over.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on December 10, 2017, 12:55:42 am
who are the hogs supposed to be? They can barely beat low low d1 schools. Better yet win anything imo...

Josh Liddell (Dollarway) started most games and Johnny Gibson (Dumas) started a few as well. Pay attention a little more and you won't look so stupid on here.

SUGARTOWN

LaDarius Bishop just flipped from Miss St. to the Hogs.

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 10, 2017, 09:39:13 pm
Josh Liddell (Dollarway) started most games and Johnny Gibson (Dumas) started a few as well. Pay attention a little more and you won't look so stupid on here.
i dont care if you went to play for arkansas, majority from 4a dont start. If you didnt go pro and start atleast 1 season your n9t as good as everyone thought. Burks is a good player but he will not go and dominate the sec, thats ludicrous.

bulldoghistorian

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on December 10, 2017, 10:48:48 pm
i dont care if you went to play for arkansas, majority from 4a dont start. If you didnt go pro and start atleast 1 season your n9t as good as everyone thought. Burks is a good player but he will not go and dominate the sec, thats ludicrous.

Just admit you're wrong about no players from 4A starting in the SEC. Several have through the years.

And it remains to be seen what Burks does in college. He still has another year in high school.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Petrino had several 4a guys playing for him. Hogs were pretty good then.

zebradynasty

Classification doesn't matter it's all about if a kid's talent can translate on to the field play in the SEC. There is no exact science. Yes it is rare that a kid from a smaller high school go to college and dominate in a P-5 conference. But if the criteria for signing a kid is that he be able to dominate in the SEC...then Arkansas needs to switch to the Southland Conference! The ONLY way for the foreseeable future that Arkansas will be able to compete is to take as many reasonably talented kids as they can and make them into to solid college players with some developing into the NFL.

IF the mighty 7A produced the talent like Warren has...that being said Burks is a talent we must have personally I can see him on defense or I can see him as young Dez Bryant at WR! He has the talent to do it regardless of classification.

bigchief72455

Austin Capps plays quite a bit for UA. Yet another 4A player.

Gray lizard

Burks without major injury will find his way on a SEC roster.  I hope it is Arkansas, but several other teams will come knocking on his door in the next few months. I just hope he does not get bit by the Alabama bug.

STUNNA

Warren junior WR Treylon Burks stats for 2017, per @bo_hembree

Passing: 7-20, 135 yards
Rushing: 114-936-27 TDs
Rec-45-1090-11 TDs
KO Ret-1 TD
Punt ret- 3 TDs

Defense
84 solo
27 assists
14 TFL
1 sack
2 pass breakups
5 INT, 3 returned for TDs
1 forced fumble

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 02:04:46 pm
Warren junior WR Treylon Burks stats for 2017, per @bo_hembree

Passing: 7-20, 135 yards
Rushing: 114-936-27 TDs
Rec-45-1090-11 TDs
KO Ret-1 TD
Punt ret- 3 TDs

Defense
84 solo
27 assists
14 TFL
1 sack
2 pass breakups
5 INT, 3 returned for TDs
1 forced fumble

He's a dude.

STUNNA

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: STUNNA on December 11, 2017, 02:13:26 pm
Most annoying thing I’ve ever heard.. lol
He is without question in my mind the best player in the state.

STUNNA

I believe these stats are prior to the state title game also

nastynice

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

If I could take a moment to give some HOGS some love, who are the best linemen in 4A?

I think Gentry has a kid that could turn into something special. Kerlose Ruzek pushed two 3-year starters at offensive tackle as a sophomore this year and relieved them during games.

Big Fan

Quote from: polksalet on December 09, 2017, 05:44:17 pm
Burks is the second most famous kid in Warren tonight.
Lol....we'll done...+1

Redlinebacker32

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on December 13, 2017, 06:43:38 pm
If I could take a moment to give some HOGS some love, who are the best linemen in 4A?

I think Gentry has a kid that could turn into something special. Kerlose Ruzek pushed two 3-year starters at offensive tackle as a sophomore this year and relieved them during games.
Dillion Pickens from Waldron was a pretty good tackle this year. Sealed the edge very well and didn't get beat. Had several pancake blocks and did his job pretty well. Also Dardanelle had a big right tackle who did well out in space for how big he was. Pretty sure his name was Kneeland.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: BP74 on December 06, 2017, 09:54:43 am
I know it remains to be seen, but I think Burks will dominate even on SEC level. Noland may as well, possibly football and baseball for him.

Dominate? 

LAfootball fan

He has the potential.  Now whether that materializes depends a lot on how he is used on offense, special teams, or even defense.  He still has another year of growth and development before even getting to the D1 level.  He forces EVERY opponent to account for him on every play and he still scored around 45 tds this past year. 

You can be dominant just by being on the field and forcing your opponent to completely adjust their normal defensive strategy, kicking strategy, or offensive strategy.  Doesn't always show up in stats.  His presence may cause others to shine due to opponents focusing on him instead.  His stats for this year speak for themselves.  I expect a similar result next year too.  You saw his strength in throwing the blockers off on the punt return and leveling the runner.  You saw how many it took time after time to bring him down.  The kid is just special, whether he is playing for Warren or any other team.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: LAfootball fan on December 14, 2017, 10:49:57 am
He has the potential.  Now whether that materializes depends a lot on how he is used on offense, special teams, or even defense.  He still has another year of growth and development before even getting to the D1 level.  He forces EVERY opponent to account for him on every play and he still scored around 45 tds this past year. 

You can be dominant just by being on the field and forcing your opponent to completely adjust their normal defensive strategy, kicking strategy, or offensive strategy.  Doesn't always show up in stats.  His presence may cause others to shine due to opponents focusing on him instead.  His stats for this year speak for themselves.  I expect a similar result next year too.  You saw his strength in throwing the blockers off on the punt return and leveling the runner.  You saw how many it took time after time to bring him down.  The kid is just special, whether he is playing for Warren or any other team.

I agree the kid is a great talent.  But it's comical to see you grown men drooling at the mouth and saying this kid can dominate in the SEC.  Look, he may do great things at the next level.  Who knows.  But please stop with the "dominate the SEC" talk.  Please.

STUNNA

Not sure if he will dominate or not. But one thing is for sure.. he has the size, physicality, and knowledge of the game to be very successful.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2017, 11:10:56 am
Not sure if he will dominate or not. But one thing is for sure.. he has the size, physicality, and knowledge of the game to be very successful.

+1

See fellas, Stunna understands what it means to give an intelligent, rational, non kool-aid drinking, big boy comment. 

STUNNA

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 11:23:11 am
+1

See fellas, Stunna understands what it means to give an intelligent, rational, non kool-aid drinking, big boy comment.

Trust me.. i believe he will be very successful at the next level. He just seems to have the it factor. But nothing is a given at the SEC level or any other big time conference he decides to play in.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2017, 11:35:08 am
Trust me.. i believe he will be very successful at the next level. He just seems to have the it factor. But nothing is a given at the SEC level or any other big time conference he decides to play in.

I agree.  So much more goes into being great at the college level.  It's not just talent.   i.e. Michael Dyer

SUGARTOWN

Not that is really matters, but 247 Sports now has Hudson Henry ranked as the #1 player in Arkansas in the 2019 class and #33 overall. Burks is #2 and #38.

That being said, Burks was still the most dominant player in 4A this year.

BigLion10

Henry doesn't impress me too much, Burks is way above him imo

STUNNA

Makes you wonder what causes people to drop or move up. After the season Burks had hard to see how someone this week could move above him in the state. Lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 15, 2017, 10:53:36 am
Henry doesn't impress me too much, Burks is way above him imo

I think those ranking are more projections for college than based on what they've done for the field in high school. The Hogs need both for sure.

dhen

What about this kid from Robinson? Is he being recruited?
Nathan Page (6-0, 185), WR, Joe T. Robinson

polksalet

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 12:29:29 pm
I agree.  So much more goes into being great at the college level.  It's not just talent.   i.e. Michael Dyer

Dyer was mvp of the national title game wasn't he?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dhen on December 15, 2017, 02:25:03 pm
What about this kid from Robinson? Is he being recruited?
Nathan Page (6-0, 185), WR, Joe T. Robinson

Arkansas St, La Tech, ULM....

RZback

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 14, 2017, 11:01:27 am
I agree the kid is a great talent.  But it's comical to see you grown men drooling at the mouth and saying this kid can dominate in the SEC.  Look, he may do great things at the next level.  Who knows.  But please stop with the "dominate the SEC" talk.  Please.

I don't know if Burks or Henry will be big time in college much less the SEC. IF they come to Arkansas I hope so but lots of big time players in high school don't pan out in college.  Look up the biggest bust in college football, you may recognize a few names. The fans in Arkansas are going to have to look at talent with a more critical eye if we are going to get where we want to go.

couch-coach06

The boys at Warren should be able too know when they see it .. I would consider child's as pretty dominant in the SEC if he doesn't have two bumb knee he is prolly a big name in the NFL .. I'll take there word for it ..

STUNNA

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 17, 2017, 01:17:02 pm
The boys at Warren should be able too know when they see it .. I would consider child's as pretty dominant in the SEC if he doesn't have two bumb knee he is prolly a big name in the NFL .. I'll take there word for it ..

Childs was very raw out of high school in my opinion. Just could out athlete everyone.

All-State

People must understand that some kids use that scholarship for free education, and I don't blame them. Do enough to stay on the team, because everyone do not have NFL dreams. It's easy to not care anymore once you get to college because it's a business.

prHOG13

Robinson DE Zach Williams was offered by the Hogs today

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas