• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for all you history buffs

Started by gold45, November 19, 2017, 02:14:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gold45

How many teams with more than one loss on their season record have made it to the title game?

luxora4life

Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 02:14:11 pm
How many teams with more than one loss on their season record have made it to the title game?

I know one did in 2015.

CoolBreeze

luxora4life

Proud Buckaroo

November 19, 2017, 03:53:31 pm #4 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:03:38 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: gold45 on November 19, 2017, 02:14:11 pm

Smackover had one loss in 2014.

Never mind. You said more than one loss.

Even though they finished with more than one. 😞😞

Ole Man River

fbisgreat

In 2011 Barton played Charleston in the SC game with a 11-3 record and lost to finish 11-4.

Monsta

Curleywolf Fan

Prescott had 2 losses when they won State in 1972 and they had 3 losses when they won State in 1975.

Made

Dollarway 2006 or 7 I believe had 4 losses

bleudog

Not 3A but in 2011 Strong won a 2A state title as a three seed.  They had three conference losses.  They finished behind Junction and Bearden and tied with Norphlet.  They held the head-to-head tie breaker over Norphlet.  I can't remember what they did OOC.

The rest of the story was that when Strong lost to Parkers Chapel the town almost went nuts.  The coach was basically ordered to move Kenneth Dixon from RB to QB and turn over play calling to an assistant.  After that, the Bulldogs went undefeated including a rematch win over Junction in the semifinals and a WMS win over Carlisle.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on November 21, 2017, 12:20:59 pm
Not 3A but in 2011 Strong won a 2A state title as a three seed.  They had three conference losses.  They finished behind Junction and Bearden and tied with Norphlet.  They held the head-to-head tie breaker over Norphlet.  I can't remember what they did OOC.

The rest of the story was that when Strong lost to Parkers Chapel the town almost went nuts.  The coach was basically ordered to move Kenneth Dixon from RB to QB and turn over play calling to an assistant.  After that, the Bulldogs went undefeated including a rematch win over Junction in the semifinals and a WMS win over Carlisle.

And the lame duck coach got a pay raise and jumped ship to Waldron....

dragondad

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 21, 2017, 12:23:48 pm
And the lame duck coach got a pay raise and jumped ship to Waldron....

And didn't do well for Waldron, so he left and Waldron finally made a great hire.....but will he stay, or will Boonville draw him back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas