• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrappers 2017

Started by footballcoach2015, November 18, 2017, 12:42:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

footballcoach2015

Any thoughts on this season for them and going forward.

beach bum

Play better defense and the coaches need to develop talent better from all their JH success....  :o .... Also, less practicing the peoples' elbow from coaches and more fundamental tackling taught in the program.

polksalet

This year's seniors were lean relatively speaking. We had 9th graders playing tonight. The current 8, 9, and 10th grade classes are arguably the best we've strung together. It'll be tough beating out warren next year but after burka and company are gone it's gonna be another Nashville title era most likely. i hope the coach returns.

ABC™

This year in big games the defense wasn't the problem. In every loss the defense gave us a chance to win but we couldn't put enough points on the board. Mainly due to getting in our own way, can't hit open receivers deep and can't run block.

I expect things to change next year on offense. I think you will see a dual threat QB, trying to get back to the style of 2015. Defensively we should continue to improve. But it will be hard to replace all the skill players, it'll be a very young offense next year.

polksalet

Quote from: ABC™ on November 18, 2017, 09:15:25 am
This year in big games the defense wasn't the problem. In every loss the defense gave us a chance to win but we couldn't put enough points on the board. Mainly due to getting in our own way, can't hit open receivers deep and can't run block.

I expect things to change next year on offense. I think you will see a dual threat QB, trying to get back to the style of 2015. Defensively we should continue to improve. But it will be hard to replace all the skill players, it'll be a very young offense next year.

It depends on who is allowed to play next year. We may have a very good rb and wr.

ABC™

Hopefully a few of last years 9th graders rejoin the team.

polksalet

Quote from: ABC™ on November 18, 2017, 09:22:39 am
Hopefully a few of last years 9th graders rejoin the team.

I'm talking about juniors for next year.

scrapman

Quote from: ABC™ on November 18, 2017, 09:15:25 am

Poor offense and defense usually leads to a L.  We did not score enough in most losses but we allowed over 300 rushing in all of them too. Hard to win when the other team rushes for 300+.  Next year is a long way off. Team should be young again.  I know our 9th grade class is good but you don't win by playing a lot of sophomores. We will have to see.

Hogman2018

Ashdown still playing and Scrappers are sitting home! Lol

elmerfudd

Sincere question here....

What do most Nashville fans think of the Scrapper coaching staff?

scrapman

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 18, 2017, 01:32:23 pm

Where does this question stem from???

bulldoghistorian

When was the last time that Nashville didn't make it past the 2nd round?

scrapman

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 18, 2017, 01:47:31 pm
Last year

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: scrapman on November 18, 2017, 01:48:28 pm
Last year
Oh, that's right. I thought it was the quarters when they lost to Pea Ridge, but I remember.

elmerfudd

Quote from: scrapman on November 18, 2017, 01:46:18 pm
Where does this question stem from???

Some perceived questionable strategy last night. Just curious if it was only perception or something Nashville fans have been talking about all year.

scrapman

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 18, 2017, 01:57:16 pm
Some perceived questionable strategy last night. Just curious if it was only perception or something Nashville fans have been talking about all year.
We didn't play well. Some due to mistakes and some due to Booneville and probably some due to wind. Really as I could tell it was the same strategy that we used most of year.

elmerfudd

Nashville seemed to have a pretty decent kicker. I was surprised the coaches did not elect to try a field goal on 4th and goal with a few minutes left in the game. Maybe they don't have a kicker though? That's kinda what I'm asking though. Did they make the right call due to lack of a kicker, or was that a questionable call??

ABC™

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 18, 2017, 01:47:31 pm

And that one year they lost to LINCOLN.... Lol. That was the lowest of lows for Nashville. Poor, Nashville.... They aspire to be a program the caliber of Warren but can't seem to get past those pesky teams north of Little Rock. They need to work on not losing to teams like Prairie Grove, Lincoln, Dardanelle, Pea Ridge, and Booneville and then they might be able to go head to head with Warren again one day.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on November 18, 2017, 03:45:09 pm
And that one year they lost to LINCOLN.... Lol. That was the lowest of lows for Nashville. Poor, Nashville.... They aspire to be a program the caliber of Warren but can't seem to get past those pesky teams north of Little Rock. They need to work on not losing to teams like Prairie Grove, Lincoln, Dardanelle, Pea Ridge, and Booneville and then they might be able to go head to head with Warren again one day.
Yes, 1st round in 2013, 27-13. Lincoln's 1st time ever to host in the playoffs I believe.

elmerfudd

Just curious, Beach Bum.....are you from Warren by chance?

ABC™

You're trying way too hard.

polksalet

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 18, 2017, 01:32:23 pm

Other than the loss to the team from the backwards third world to the West I've felt this was arguably the best coaching job I've seen at the high school level.

rattlerfan24

One thing that should help.....Booneville is moving to 3A next season.  Y'all should be fine.  Congrats on a great season.

nastynice

Quote from: polksalet on November 18, 2017, 05:36:24 pm
Other than the loss to the team from the backwards third world to the West I've felt this was arguably the best coaching job I've seen at the high school level.

Hope you're being sarcastic. With all the size, numbers, talent and speed, Nashville should never lose a game.

scrapman

Quote from: nastynice on November 18, 2017, 09:16:31 pm
Hope you're being sarcastic. With all the size, numbers, talent and speed, Nashville should never lose a game.
Not necessarily.  Numbers don't mean talent. Everyone wants to be on the team in Nashville.  That doesn't mean they can play.  They just want to be a part of it. Everyone in Nashville knows that the team on the field this year probably had the least talent in 20 years.  There was talk this summer and early fall of not even going 500. Just a down time right now. It will be back up.

polksalet

Quote from: nastynice on November 18, 2017, 09:16:31 pm

We were the smallest team on the field in nearly ever game. And they replace like 9 starters
From one of our least dynamic defenses.

scrapman

Quote from: polksalet on November 18, 2017, 09:40:40 pm
We were the smallest team on the field in nearly ever game. And they replace like 9 starters
Thinking back on it...I believe the entire front 7 didnt play last year. 2 sophomore lbs, the 2 other didn't play last year. The DL was 1 that didn't play fb last year, and rotated several others that never really ever got in a game before except maybe mercy rule or JV. The secondary was mostly all returners and had game experience. Sounds bad but we lose like 6 of those on D that played this year.

polksalet

November 18, 2017, 09:55:45 pm #28 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:20:11 am by polksalet
One dt started last year.

nastynice

Quote from: scrapman on November 18, 2017, 09:32:50 pm
Not necessarily.  Numbers don't mean talent. Everyone wants to be on the team in Nashville.  That doesn't mean they can play.  They just want to be a part of it. Everyone in Nashville knows that the team on the field this year probably had the least talent in 20 years.  There was talk this summer and early fall of not even going 500. Just a down time right now. It will be back up.

Thats a very good thing! Good sign the kids are buying in and like the coaches.

polksalet

I had it a toss up we made the playoffs.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: polksalet on November 19, 2017, 10:47:52 pm
I had it a toss up we made the playoffs.
I knew y'all would make the playoffs, when is the last time Nashville didn't make the playoffs?

ABC™

polksalet

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: polksalet on November 18, 2017, 09:40:40 pm
Warren replaces close to that many EVERY year. Still remain a front runner. And our Jr high doesn't own the Streak.

polksalet

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 24, 2017, 06:34:27 pm
Warren replaces close to that many EVERY year. Still remain a front runner. And our Jr high doesn't own the Streak.

Wrong

scrapman

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 24, 2017, 06:34:27 pm
Several starters on Warrens team this year played against us in 2015. Guess they didnt replace them.

STUNNA

Quote from: scrapman on November 24, 2017, 07:55:57 pm
Several starters on Warrens team this year played against us in 2015. Guess they didnt replace them.

3 of them as freshman

Bigbossman

Quote from: scrapman on November 18, 2017, 09:42:05 am
Poor offense and defense usually leads to a L.  We did not score enough in most losses but we allowed over 300 rushing in all of them too. Hard to win when the other team rushes for 300+.  Next year is a long way off. Team should be young again.  I know our 9th grade class is good but you don't win by playing a lot of sophomores. We will have to see.
I'll say this, I certainly hope and pray the idea of "because your a senior" you get to play no no no, it needs to be the best player for the position gets the job period end of story.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I said we replace close to 9 Seniors, not that we do replace 9 Seniors every year. Y'all just keep hoping for a yearly class of 30something Seniors so y'all can stay competitive.

polksalet

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on December 03, 2017, 11:11:07 pm
I said we replace close to 9 Seniors, not that we do replace 9 Seniors every year. Y'all just keep hoping for a yearly class of 30something Seniors so y'all can stay competitive.

I said we replaced 9 starters,
Not seniors.

SCRAPYARD

AirWarren

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on December 04, 2017, 12:03:58 am
How did that turn out for Warren?

Two state title appearances, one state title, and playing for another Saturday....and they are just juniors?

Guess purty good.

OLDSCHOOL82

December 04, 2017, 10:18:42 am #43 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:45:29 am by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2017, 05:48:28 am
Two state title appearances, one state title, and playing for another Saturday....and they are just juniors?

Guess purty good.

Especially since ya'll ain't any good and wont make it very far this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 04, 2017, 10:18:42 am
Escpecially since ya'll aint any good and wont make it very far this year.

And no undefeated jr high for 5 years in a row.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

December 04, 2017, 12:15:56 pm #45 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:19:48 pm by KASH dba The Lumberjack
Quote from: SCRAPYARD on December 04, 2017, 12:03:58 am
How did that turn out for Warren?
Turned out sad for us. We were almost pleading for a rematch last year after the Scrappers had been so overrated all season but y'all got your teeth kicked in.
On a positive note, it should have help the local economy in Nashville. Dentists should have gotten rich after the Blackhawks came to y'all's new field and dominated. Warren will become worried about Nashville the next time Dawson shows any interest in coaching there. He's top notch at reading Scrapper talent and bailing before he has to coach a sub par team. Granted, y'all won in '15 thanks to Snell.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 04, 2017, 10:18:42 am
Especially since ya'll ain't any good and wont make it very far this year.
What is the record Nashville vs Warren?

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: AirWarren on December 04, 2017, 10:40:07 am
And no undefeated jr high for 5 years in a row.
I'm sorry, boo hoo

scrapdawgof06

December 04, 2017, 09:42:17 pm #48 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:44:45 pm by scrapdawgof06
Quote from: SCRAPYARD on December 04, 2017, 05:42:52 pm
What is the record Nashville vs Warren?
I want to say 4-0 in playoffs, but I'm not certain.

polksalet

Fouke,Warren, etc. they all run together.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas