• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Prairie Grove. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, November 17, 2017, 09:10:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 17, 2017, 11:00:44 pm
Wonder if pg will stack the box and play man to man against Burks this year.. if they don't game will be respectable

We like when the box is stacked.

LeftyLongcox

What's the night life like in Warren now? Trying to cut a lil rug after the game with some Warrenites. I made the drive back in 2001 and watched the Billies play Searcy on that Friday night and due to the Clarksville forfeit got to watch Farmington get slaughtered that Saturday afternoon. It was pretty sweet doing walk throughs where the Boll Weevils play.

RyanLR

Have we finally found a matchup to give Warren a decent game? The Lumberjacks have the best player in the state regardless of class in Treylon Burks. Nobody has stopped him. Maybe Prairie Grove's defense can slow them down.

Rugman15

No challenge for Warren here.  Easy victory probably the easiest game to pick imo...next!

polksalet

Jacketman65

Probably will be a decent game until half time!  2nd half the Jacks will chop em down!

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on November 18, 2017, 08:40:45 am
Have we finally found a matchup to give Warren a decent game? The Lumberjacks have the best player in the state regardless of class in Treylon Burks. Nobody has stopped him. Maybe Prairie Grove's defense can slow them down.

Warren is rolling right now on all cylinders. Offense, defense, special teams.

Our line play on both sides of the ball is nasty.

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2017, 10:20:47 am
Warren is rolling right now on all cylinders. Offense, defense, special teams.

Our line play on both sides of the ball is nasty.
Ditto for Robinson right now. I thought Dardy was going to give us a good game.

dukes424

Im going with PG with the upset  28 - 21 final score.   Warren goes downnnnnnnnnnnnnn  :o

AirWarren

Probably so. We are no match for these remaining playoff teams.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2017, 01:59:42 pm
Yep. You'll be lucky to field a team next week! Lol!

POTUS

Quote from: AirWarren on November 18, 2017, 01:59:42 pm

I get the sarcasm, but I just wish Pea Ridge and Warren could play again. It won't happen because you're gonna lose to Robinson :( Oh well, maybe another year.

STUNNA

Quote from: POTUS on November 18, 2017, 03:23:19 pm
I get the sarcasm, but I just wish Pea Ridge and Warren could play again. It won't happen because you're gonna lose to Robinson :( Oh well, maybe another year.

Outcome will be the same this year regardless of who plays them..

AirWarren

We have been told we were gonna lose many many times.

More times out of most, we find some way to sputter a win out in the playoffs.

LJ06

IF you get past Booneville, your road ends against Arkadelphia.

bulldoghistorian

November 18, 2017, 04:36:23 pm #65 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:49:36 pm by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: LJ06 on November 18, 2017, 04:29:37 pm
IF you get past Booneville, your road ends against Arkadelphia.
And getting past Booneville won't be easy a 2nd time around. Hard to beat a team twice in the same season, especially if you're Hamburg trying to beat Pea Ridge. lol!!

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 18, 2017, 04:36:23 pm
And getting past Booneville won't be easy a 2nd time around. Hard to beat a team twice in the same season, especially if you're Hamburg trying to beat Pea Ridge. lol!!

Booneville is playing pretty darn good right now.

bulldoghistorian

JasperCountyNative

November 19, 2017, 09:43:43 am #68 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:35:19 pm by JasperCountyNative
Saturday Morning Gonna Be Like:
Prairie Grove rolls over Warren and heads to the semi finals!!!

Rugman15

LJ06

STUNNA

Quote from: JasperCountyNative on November 19, 2017, 09:43:43 am
Saturday Morning Gonna Be Like:
Prairie Grove rolls over Warren and heads to the quarter finals!!!

You have fun heading to the quarters while Warren heads to the semis... lol

Rugman15

LJ06

JasperCountyNative

Quote from: STUNNA on November 19, 2017, 11:07:37 am
You have fun heading to the quarters while Warren heads to the semis... lol

Yep, I screwed that up, lol. Thanks.  Fixed   :-[

beach bum

Quote from: LJ06 on November 19, 2017, 03:25:09 pm
Against Waldron and Hamburg?  ::)

Pea Ridge has gotten used to this whole being in the easiest part of the bracket thing for 3 years running now.... They still haven't figured that out. That's why Booneville wins by 6 this week over them.

Stealthfan

Quote from: beach bum on November 19, 2017, 09:25:03 pm
Pea Ridge has gotten used to this whole being in the easiest part of the bracket thing for 3 years running now.... They still haven't figured that out. That's why Booneville wins by 6 this week over them.

I'm sure the Nashville fans may be offended by that!

green-eagle

Warren mercy rule streak (10 or 11?) ends this week.....but Warren wins 32-14.....

I drove over from Crossett with a few other fans, what we saw was Warren has gotten better... less false starts but at time Warren would give up that big play, but eventfully shut the series downs...PG is not a team to give up those big plays.....good luck to both team, stay healthy!

faith

Warren wins 48-14!  PG will be a good match up but I think Warren has to many play makers for PG to defend.  Should be a good game! 

Lumberjackfan1978

The Jacks will win it.It will be the toughest game in the playoffs for Warren so far The Jacks have gotten way better since that first game of the season

AirWarren

November 20, 2017, 10:42:42 am #80 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:44:26 am by AirWarren
Another similar playoff road for Warren for quarters. Except flip last year with this year.

Warren goes to PG last year for a semi final game and seals its trip to WMS.

IF by chance we get the chance to move on to December, we get either Gosnell or Joe T. Last year the Joe T game was at warren and in the quarters. I rewatched that game recently. Great great game.

You want to make it to WMS in 4A you gotta earn it for sure.

BVilleBobcat

Basically a bye for the jacks. Good season for PG though!

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2017, 10:42:42 am
Another similar playoff road for Warren for quarters. Except flip last year with this year.

Warren goes to PG last year for a semi final game and seals its trip to WMS.

IF by chance we get the chance to move on to December, we get either Gosnell or Joe T. Last year the Joe T game was at warren and in the quarters. I rewatched that game recently. Great great game.

You want to make it to WMS in 4A you gotta earn it for sure.

Prairie Grove will be the first challenge we have had in quite some time and that's saying something because Ozark was a pretty darn good team last week.

AirWarren

Quote from: BVilleBobcat on November 20, 2017, 11:01:42 am

Disagree.

There is no bye weeks starting the week of thanksgiving.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2017, 01:42:41 pm
Disagree.

There is no bye weeks starting the week of thanksgiving.

There's always been a saying in Arkansas high school football that if your still playing on turkey week then you've got a really good team. There are no gimmies. PG will be reminding their players of last year every day this week.

LeftyLongcox

Yeah P.G. with their 11 wins have no business even showing up to compete. It's totally a bye...never in the history of this sport has it been so unevenly matched

STUNNA

Quote from: LeftyLongcox on November 20, 2017, 01:57:18 pm
Yeah P.G. with their 11 wins have no business even showing up to compete. It's totally a bye...never in the history of this sport has it been so unevenly matched

Depends on if they play defense on Burks or not.. lol

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2017, 02:02:24 pm

#7 also had a huge game that night.

LeftyLongcox

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2017, 02:02:24 pm

I'm sure the coaches have forgot all about last year and will be in Cover 1 all game. Prairie Grove has a very inexperienced coaching staff compared to Warren.

STUNNA

Quote from: LeftyLongcox on November 20, 2017, 02:35:23 pm
I'm sure the coaches have forgot all about last year and will be in Cover 1 all game. Prairie Grove has a very inexperienced coaching staff compared to Warren.

They were very inexperienced last year coaching against warren.. yes!

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2017, 02:33:01 pm
#7 also had a huge game that night.

Rewatching that game, McKnight had just a big of a game as Burks. He just gets overlooked because of Burks' ability. They started leaving McKnight open trying to cover Burks.

STUNNA

They put all their marbles on a gulf south Conference talent stopping an SEC talent and it didn't work. And i thought Disney was one of the best corners in the state last year.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on November 20, 2017, 02:40:41 pm
Rewatching that game, McKnight had just a big of a game as Burks. He just gets overlooked because of Burks' ability. They started leaving McKnight open trying to cover Burks.

Same with #17 against Robinson last year.

OLDSCHOOL82

I totally expect for warren to walk away victorious by at least a 2 possession difference.  I believe PG will have a good game plan for them but not enough fire power to overcome unless something implodes with warren.

beach bum

Kind of like every 1-4A teams feels about Berryville. You're the program that has to schedule the worst 2A team in the state to get a win  ::)

beach bum

Still sticking with something along the lines of Warren 42-21 or 35-14.... Winning somewhere in the 20 point margin area.

LAfootball fan

Everyone has a tendency to focus on Warren's big play threats in Burks and McKnight and forget how much of an impact that Marcus Miller and Wallace Smith have on stopping the run on the defensive line.  Both of those players are big, strong,  and mobile and create a lot of issues for offenses to account for.  They also provide a pretty good pass rush at times also.  When they go in on offense in the heavy package they are devastating leading Burks through the line in the wildcat package.  Virtually impossible to shut down so far this season.   So even if PG has managed to improve their secondary coverage, they still have a tall task in stopping the running attack.  Last week over 400 yards rushing against a good Ozark team. 

AirWarren

This is when it gets good. The quarterfinals. I expect a tight ball game honestly.

$aintMaximu$

I will have to say, that was not the PG team I watched play Shiloh earlier in the season... Much improved...  I am sure though we can say the same thing about Warren...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas