• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which team has the best chance of getting upset?

Started by WampusCat30, November 15, 2017, 09:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WampusCat30

Nothing bold here, but give me Rison over Danville big.

Hgalum50

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: WampusCat30 on November 15, 2017, 09:06:13 pm
Nothing bold here, but give me Rison over Danville big.
How exactly would that be an upset?

hornetfan8

bdubyab60

Hornetdawg2017

EliteD

FBlife

Ron Jon

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Ron Jon on November 16, 2017, 11:25:07 am
Salem over Palestine Wheatley

I pretty confident this will happen but not sure it would be considered a upset.   

So I'm going with...... wait for it..........Marked tree over Mt. Ida

Y'all may call me crazy but it's gonna happen.  I think they have the right size and speed to match up well against Mt. Ida

Prouddragondad

Dragonsvoice

BlueNGold52

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 16, 2017, 12:22:26 pm
I pretty confident this will happen but not sure it would be considered a upset.   

Y'all may call me crazy but it's gonna happen.  I think they have the right size and speed to match up well against Mt. Ida

I dont think your crazy. I dont think it will happen, but it definitely could.

mr.gametime

Quote from: Hornetdawg2017 on November 16, 2017, 07:12:35 am
Mineral Springs will beat Earle!

Not gone happen Earl has a cake walk all the way to the semi-finals

fleaflicker24

Not gonna happen! Maybe in another lifetime! Marked Tree is a good football team just not good enough to beat Mount Ida!

GatorBall

Arkansas has a better chance of making the NCAA Football Final Four than Marked Tree has winning that game. Mount Ida has an ABSOLUTE CAKEWALK to the Semi-Finals. They will not even be TESTED until then!! Mark it down in the books right now!!

No offense to Marked Tree or anything but Mount Ida is just that solid. You know what they're going to do and you still can't stop it. ONLY chance anyone has in beating them is to score with them and hope you can force a turnover somehow. I would even onside kick after every single time I scored! I know that sounds stupid but think about it... if they're going to score anyway at least give yourself a chance to get the ball back without them touching it first.

couch-coach06

Quote from: GatorBall on November 16, 2017, 04:19:14 pm

Arkansas has a better chance of making the NCAA Football Final Four than Marked Tree has winning that game. Mount Ida has an ABSOLUTE CAKEWALK to the Semi-Finals. They will not even be TESTED until then!! Mark it down in the books right now!!

No offense to Marked Tree or anything but Mount Ida is just that solid. You know what they're going to do and you still can't stop it. ONLY chance anyone has in beating them is to score with them and hope you can force a turnover somehow. I would even onside kick after every single time I scored! I know that sounds stupid but think about it... if they're going to score anyway at least give yourself a chance to get the ball back without them touching it first.

Well there is a lil better chance than that

GatorBall

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 16, 2017, 04:41:40 pm
Well there is a lil better chance than that

Well of course there is...just being a LITTLE dramatic! Just saying that Mount Ida wins this game handedly!

couch-coach06

lionsdad

Quote from: GatorBall on November 16, 2017, 04:19:14 pm

The opposition has little chance of recovering an onside kick. Those guys on the frontline of kickoff receiving team all have great hands. Most have played baseball since they were 5 or 6 and a football looks huge to them. Then again you will get the football back sooner, because the Lions will score that much quicker. Think Coach White hasn't prepared for that? You're underestimating him. The hands team IS the kickoff team. It looks the same!

GatorBall

Quote from: lionsdad on November 16, 2017, 05:29:58 pm
The opposition has little chance of recovering an onside kick. Those guys on the frontline of kickoff receiving team all have great hands. Most have played baseball since they were 5 or 6 and a football looks huge to them. Then again you will get the football back sooner, because the Lions will score that much quicker. Think Coach White hasn't prepared for that? You're underestimating him. The hands team IS the kickoff team. It looks the same!

Yes but your missing the point! If you stop a team from scoring and they're going to score anyway then why not just do the onside kick? Yes, it's a low percentage play but again if your not going to stop them anyway then your not losing anything. Of course it's all predicated on being able to score everrytime you get the ball which is VERY difficult too!!! But at least your giving yourself a chance. Now if you can find a way to stop Mt Ida a few times it's not worth it to do that but that hasn't been happening a lot.

As far as whether or not Coach White hasn't already thought of that, well I'd be shocked if he hasn't but again that isn't the point!!

lionsdad

Quote from: GatorBall on November 16, 2017, 06:02:48 pm
Yes but your missing the point! If you stop a team from scoring and they're going to score anyway then why not just do the onside kick? Yes, it's a low percentage play but again if your not going to stop them anyway then your not losing anything. Of course it's all predicated on being able to score everrytime you get the ball which is VERY difficult too!!! But at least your giving yourself a chance. Now if you can find a way to stop Mt Ida a few times it's not worth it to do that but that hasn't been happening a lot.

As far as whether or not Coach White hasn't already thought of that, well I'd be shocked if he hasn't but again that isn't the point!!
Oh, I see your point. 🤔

bigboy77

Mineral Springs gonna pull off a shocker tomorrow night in Northeast Arkansas

Eslim03

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 15, 2017, 09:08:06 pm
Bearden over Foreman!

So much for that lol. Also rison goes down man the guys from the 8 might have to re-evaluate all their talk about this conference. Smh!!!

Champ74

Quote from: bigboy77 on November 16, 2017, 07:24:20 pm
Mineral Springs gonna pull off a shocker tomorrow night in Northeast Arkansas

Hope everyone made it back safe to Mineral Springs on that long bus ride after that Shocker. 😂😂😂

ThreadWatcher

Marked Tree stayed upset last night. They just kept on getting a dose of that Smash Mouth football and they didn't like it. Poor attitudes and sportsmanship from the players and coaches. I thought the fans, band, and cheerleaders from Marked Tree acted as normal as most fans from 2A football in Arkansas.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Eslim03 on November 18, 2017, 06:52:14 am
So much for that lol. Also rison goes down man the guys from the 8 might have to re-evaluate all their talk about this conference. Smh!!!
Yeah I always go for the 8, but haven't talked it up like everybody else! I want the best for our conference, but I cheer for 1 team thats CHG and we are moving on.

Lionsquatch

Marked Tree stayed upset last night. They just kept on getting a dose of that Smash Mouth football and they didn't like it. Poor attitudes and sportsmanship from the players and coaches. I thought the fans, band, and cheerleaders from Marked Tree acted as normal as most fans from 2A football in Arkansas.

Yeah Mount Ida played smashmouth Marked Tree played trashmouth

young_gun

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas