• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA

Started by TNT_15, November 11, 2017, 01:56:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNT_15

Is it safe to say that LRC is the most overrated team in recent history? They played well against bad teams, mediocre against mediocre teams, and horrible against good teams. Almost lost to SHh then they were actually excited to lose to pa by 30. There was nothing special about them they put up big numbers against bad defenses.

JessieP

November 11, 2017, 02:21:07 pm #1 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:23:13 pm by JessieP
Quote from: TNT_15 on November 11, 2017, 01:56:24 pm
Is it safe to say that LRC is the most overrated team in recent history? They played well against bad teams, mediocre against mediocre teams, and horrible against good teams. Almost lost to SHh then they were actually excited to lose to pa by 30. There was nothing special about them they put up big numbers against bad defenses.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Finally, someone else has said it. I have never seen so much hype around one team. They feasted on cupcakes. I don't care if it is PA, if someone hangs 86 on you, YOU ARE NOT ELITE! LRCA has played 2 elite teams this year, PA...Butt Kicking, Wynne...Butt Kicking. LRCA lost to PA by 30 points, hey they are easily the number 2 team in the State. Give me a break. I guess that means the Razorbacks are the number 2 team in the Country, they lost to Alabama by 31. TNT, I can only give this post one clap per hour, I'll set my timer to give you a bunch more.

PA Bruin Fan

BUT WAIT, aren't they a private school?  I thought they automatically are granted first round wins in the playoffs?  Did they forget to change uniforms at halftime? 

Geez, did you two start a thread just to criticize a team that lost?  LRCA played hard and lost against a strong opponent.  Period.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 11, 2017, 09:46:01 pm
BUT WAIT, aren't they a private school?  I thought they automatically are granted first round wins in the playoffs?  Did they forget to change uniforms at halftime? 

Geez, did you two start a thread just to criticize a team that lost?  LRCA played hard and lost against a strong opponent.  Period.

What are you talking about? are you drunk? your post makes no sense. How do you respond to indecipherable gibberish?

PA Bruin Fan

I'm not sure what's hard to understand.  What's the point of this thread?  Kicking a team that's down? 

Rick Swines

Very unclassy thread. Lrca is a very good team and played a very good team. Not to many times the 2nd and 3rd ranked team play in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Intelligentsia

To make a comment on another thread that LRCA was overrated is one thing, to dedicate a thread to the subject, bad form.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2017, 07:45:40 am
To make a comment on another thread that LRCA was overrated is one thing, to dedicate a thread to the subject, bad form.

Thank you!

Maynard G Krebs

MDXPHD

Lrca was talking trash all week to Wynne. Pounding their chest about a 30 point loss to PA. Wynne wasn't even challenged by them. This is what makes message boards fun! Everybody is so sensitive these days. Have some fun

That being said, lrca was definitely the most overrated team this year. I'm sure they will be good in the spring when soccer starts though, so they have that to look forward to.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 12, 2017, 07:24:28 am
I'm not sure what's hard to understand.  What's the point of this thread?  Kicking a team that's down?

They aren't down..they're out! But let's be real, they were never really a contender anyway.

AirWarren

To add to the conversation.

When Warren played them the first game of the year, Warren was taking it to LRCA. Think it was 21-7 at one point. Warren fumbles inside the 20 and LRCA goes in for the score.

The breaking point was when they put Justice Hill in at QB and we didn't adjust appropriately. That's when they roared back.

Did they play Justice at QB in the Wynne game? And did Wynne take him out of the game completely? He in my opinion was the best player they had and should have kept the ball in his hands every snap.  I am not surprised by this outcome but it is a little shocking due to the high power of the LRCA offense. But Wynne is the type of team that can do that to a high powered offense. Control the clock and pound them over and over again with strong LOS play. And it worked.

walkingguy72396

Justice took a few snaps.  Mainly LRCA screens and sweeps kept LRCA offense on the field. 
Wynne popped a long run every time one was needed.

Penalty for taking the wynne ball carrier to the ground after what seemed like 3 seconds after the whistle.

The interception of one of the deeper passes thrown by lrca loomed large.

Last 2 or 3 LRCA scores just came with not enough time left to close the gap,

FootballJunky

Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2017, 08:33:02 am
To add to the conversation.

When Warren played them the first game of the year, Warren was taking it to LRCA. Think it was 21-7 at one point. Warren fumbles inside the 20 and LRCA goes in for the score.

The breaking point was when they put Justice Hill in at QB and we didn't adjust appropriately. That's when they roared back.

Did they play Justice at QB in the Wynne game? And did Wynne take him out of the game completely? He in my opinion was the best player they had and should have kept the ball in his hands every snap.  I am not surprised by this outcome but it is a little shocking due to the high power of the LRCA offense. But Wynne is the type of team that can do that to a high powered offense. Control the clock and pound them over and over again with strong LOS play. And it worked.

That had a lot to do with Warren players leaving the game cramping and dropping eight.  LRCA lost that game because of lack of defense.  They scored 42 points.  Offense wasn't an issue.  I don't know any OC that would take a job knowing they had to score 57 points just to win a game.  The offense was fine.  The defense didn't make any adjustments. 

LionX2

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 11:01:50 am
That had a lot to do with Warren players leaving the game cramping and dropping eight.  LRCA lost that game because of lack of defense.  They scored 42 points.  Offense wasn't an issue.  I don't know any OC that would take a job knowing they had to score 57 points just to win a game.  The offense was fine.  The defense didn't make any adjustments.

IMO LRC only scored 4 legit TDs. By legit I mean drove the field and put it in. 1 of their TDs came on the back ups and another was a tipped up by several people and the receiver luckily came down with it. The score makes the game seem closer than it was

FootballJunky

Quote from: LionX2 on November 12, 2017, 11:09:11 am
IMO LRC only scored 4 legit TDs. By legit I mean drove the field and put it in. 1 of their TDs came on the back ups and another was a tipped up by several people and the receiver luckily came down with it. The score makes the game seem closer than it was

I just don't consider 28 points stopping a team.  Wynne won the game no doubt.  Wynne scored on all 8 possessions without attempting one pass. That was the real difference in the game.   

FootballJunky

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 11, 2017, 01:56:24 pm

It just blows mind that you believe LRCA was excited to lose by 30, simply because there was a thread about the offense against Wynne's defense.  Comparing LRCA to Nettleton.  More times than not someone else brings up the PA game as a way to bash LRCA.  I know my comments to scoring 56 in that game is only to say they have a good offense.   

Idindonuffin

November 12, 2017, 03:51:45 pm #17 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:55:09 pm by IMSwarmed
Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 03:22:20 pm
I just don't consider 28 points stopping a team.  Wynne won the game no doubt.  Wynne scored on all 8 possessions without attempting one pass. That was the real difference in the game.   

They're going to score some points, but 28 points didn't live up to their hype. They played okay, but were far from unstoppable. I was thinking they scored twice on the backups, but I could be wrong. There were two late in the game when it was pretty much over.

FootballJunky

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 12, 2017, 03:51:45 pm
They're going to score some points, but 28 points didn't live up to their hype. They played okay, but were far from unstoppable. I was thinking they scored twice on the backups, but I could be wrong. There were two late in the game when it was pretty much over.
They scored a total of 42 in the game.  Wynne had a few guys in and out on defense,  because played a few skilled guys both ways.  But for sure 28 maybe 35 was against guys that played during the regular course of game.

JessieP

November 12, 2017, 07:14:36 pm #19 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:16:51 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 12, 2017, 08:17:10 am
Not cool.
Quote from: Rick Swines on November 12, 2017, 07:37:50 am
Very unclassy thread. Lrca is a very good team and played a very good team. Not to many times the 2nd and 3rd ranked team play in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2017, 07:45:40 am
Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 12, 2017, 07:24:28 am

OMG these post are rich, call Miriam-Webster, we need to redefine hypocrisy. I have seen dozens of threads just like this, and there is no outrage whatsoever. We were inundated for weeks with post about the LRCA high flying offense, how they almost beat PA. In fact they would have beat PA if only there was a play worth 31 points. How Wynne, from the weak East, couldn't stay close to PA's little brother. Last year when Wynne shellacked Batesville the board was lit up with people dancing on Batesville's grave, where was the hysterical crying? It's a message board people. Every team gets bashed and every team gets praised. It actually speaks to some of our points, that LRCA is treated with reverential respect. They are PA 2.0 and anyone who say's other is being mean, give me a tiny break. The LRCA posters are among the most cocky, taunting posters here.

On a more personal note, I worked the chain gang for 2 games last year. Forrest City and LRCA, the language coming from the LRCA sideline and fans was quite blue. Many many F-Bombs dropped. The Forrest City side of the field was G rated compared to LRCA. If I seem extra slanted against LRCA it's because behavior like that from a school that has a Cross on it's logo gets under my skin.

AirWarren

Quote from: JessieP on November 12, 2017, 07:14:36 pm
OMG these post are rich, call Miriam-Webster, we need to redefine hypocrisy. I have seen dozens of threads just like this, and there is no outrage whatsoever. We were inundated for weeks with post about the LRCA high flying offense, how they almost beat PA. In fact they would have beat PA if only there was a play worth 31 points. How Wynne, from the weak East, couldn't stay close to PA's little brother. Last year when Wynne shellacked Batesville the board was lit up with people dancing on Batesville's grave, where was the hysterical crying? It's a message board people. Every team gets bashed and every team gets praised. It actually speaks to some of our points, that LRCA is treated with reverential respect. They are PA 2.0 and anyone who say's other is being mean, give me a tiny break. The LRCA posters are among the most cocky, taunting posters here.

On a more personal note, I worked the chain gang for 2 games last year. Forrest City and LRCA, the language coming from the LRCA sideline and fans was quite blue. Many many F-Bombs dropped. The Forrest City side of the field was G rated compared to LRCA. If I seem extra slanted against LRCA it's because behavior like that from a school that has a Cross on it's logo gets under my skin.

Interesting.

AirWarren

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 12, 2017, 11:01:50 am

Treylon did have some cramp issues and sat out a lot of that game.

Intangible that was missed on my part.

RazorDad

So, you would launch an electronic vendetta against a high school for the actions of a few idiots?

Wow.

PA Dad

Jessie, you're spouting opinions and clothing them as facts.

Please show me one post from a LRCA poster that is cocky or taunting.  The LRCA posters are respectful and thoughtful.  Show me I'm wrong.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 07:48:19 pm

Please show me one post from a LRCA poster that is cocky or taunting.  The LRCA posters are respectful and thoughtful.  Show me I'm wrong.

I respectfully request you not refer to LRCA as PA's little brother.   Neither community appreciates it😏😏😏

Meant to quote earlier post.   

JessieP

Quote from: RazorDad on November 12, 2017, 07:33:53 pm
So, you would launch an electronic vendetta against a high school for the actions of a few idiots?

Wow.

Hey Dick Tracy, scroll to the top of the thread. I didn't launch anything.

MDXPHD

November 12, 2017, 08:15:30 pm #26 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:18:25 pm by MDXPHD

Oh stop. We don't need facts on the message boards. In fact, I prefer we only use opinions! It's fun to use opinions and say they are facts too. We can always count on you to distinguish between the two though lol.

JessieP

With all due respect, and that is sincere, why? What's the point? I am expressing my view/experience. Perception is reality, you may think Batesville posters are wrong, some other Batesville posters would disagree. Someone may think PA poster are braggers, PA posters may disagree. It's all how you perceive it. You've heard the old saying "Deer hunting is a wonderful wholesome sport, the Deers would disagree". I'm not recruiting, testifying in court, running for office or even trying to pick-up girls at the Deep Ellum Brewery. I and a few others see it different then you do. My personal experience is not a positive one with LRCA, and we beat them. 

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2017, 08:15:30 pm
Oh stop. We don't need facts on the message boards. I'm fact, I prefer we only use opinions! It's fun to use opinions and say they are facts too. We can always count on you to distinguish between the two though lol.

Well, excuse me.  It offends my sense of fairness to falsely accuse posters.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 08:17:27 pm
Well, excuse me.  It offends my sense of fairness to falsely accuse posters.

Nothing is fair on these boards! Anything goes! Other than violating the rules, of course!

And don't take offense when people accuse lrca of anything. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the popcorn. I'm sure that's what yellow is doing! Lol

Yellowcake

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2017, 08:20:03 pm
Nothing is fair on these boards! Anything goes! Other than violating the rules, of course!

And don't take offense when people accuse lrca of anything. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the popcorn. I'm sure that's what yellow is doing! Lol

Brother MPX...if you will show yourself Friday night and come to the Harrison game, and you have no excuse not to come out and be a hater, I will tell you a story you won't believe but will love.

Come on out. It will be a fun night.

Go Postal

At least in Football, the other team's fans are on the other side.
Try a soccer game sometime where both team's fans are on the same side.  Especially during the 3 days of the playoffs.  You hear quite a bit.  I remember one semi game that Harrison fans, while awaiting for our semi game, were sitting between the fans of the two teams playing and we thought that we would be caught in the middle of a riot.  Man, the words thrown back and forth in the stands.  At least the players showed the utmost respect for the each other on the field and didn't act like the so called adults.

Paw-Paw

I'm just here for the comments.  8)

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 12, 2017, 08:16:13 pm
With all due respect, and that is sincere, why? What's the point? I am expressing my view/experience. Perception is reality, you may think Batesville posters are wrong, some other Batesville posters would disagree. Someone may think PA poster are braggers, PA posters may disagree. It's all how you perceive it. You've heard the old saying "Deer hunting is a wonderful wholesome sport, the Deers would disagree". I'm not recruiting, testifying in court, running for office or even trying to pick-up girls at the Deep Ellum Brewery. I and a few others see it different then you do. My personal experience is not a positive one with LRCA, and we beat them.

You and MDX obviously have a different perspective than I do.  I say that if you're going to label posters from a school as braggarts or taunters you should be able to show us the posts where that occurred.  You and MDX apparently think any accusation is permissible even if it is unsupported.  I like fairness- apparently you and MCX do not.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 11:43:27 pm
You and MDX obviously have a different perspective than I do.  I say that if you're going to label posters from a school as braggarts or taunters you should be able to show us the posts where that occurred.  You and MDX apparently think any accusation is permissible even if it is unsupported.  I like fairness- apparently you and MCX do not.

I'm just here to have some fun. You know that. It's a message board man.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 05:44:07 am
:(

Idindonuffin

Quote from: PA Dad on November 12, 2017, 11:43:27 pm

So PA posters are victims now?

Maynard G Krebs

Idindonuffin

RD™

Once upon a time remember when LR Christian as the NEXT BIG THING in Arkansas High School Football.

MDXPHD

Quote from: RD™ on November 13, 2017, 08:21:30 am
Once upon a time remember when LR Christian as the NEXT BIG THING in Arkansas High School Football.

Was it when they beat Greenwood and then Greenwood hammered them in the championship the same year?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 07:43:17 am
Why so frowny?
You know me MDX...,  always the teacher - Elucidate, Encourage, Enlighten.  While my coarser self prevails occasionally on the FF boards, it's not my preferred "M.O.".   With that, I think I'll check out for the season.  After watching what I thought early was a 6-5 Pioneer team achieve a 7-4 record with an opportunity to have gone 8-4, I'm ready to move on to Soccer (is it legal to say Soccer on the Football Board?).  I hope to see you in the stands at a soccer game, where, as you know, I allow my coarser self to reign. ;D

incogneto

November 13, 2017, 09:16:38 am #43 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:20:25 am by incogneto
Quote from: AirWarren on November 12, 2017, 07:20:46 pm
Interesting.

Interesting because it isn't true.

Go Postal

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 13, 2017, 08:31:25 am
You know me MDX...,  always the teacher - Elucidate, Encourage, Enlighten.  While my coarser self prevails occasionally on the FF boards, it's not my preferred "M.O.".   With that, I think I'll check out for the season.  After watching what I thought early was a 6-5 Pioneer team achieve a 7-4 record with an opportunity to have gone 8-4, I'm ready to move on to Soccer (is it legal to say Soccer on the Football Board?).  I hope to see you in the stands at a soccer game, where, as you know, I allow my coarser self to reign. ;D
Yes he does.  LOL
See you there also as the year progresses...

VVBlazer

Quote from: Go Postal on November 12, 2017, 10:02:20 pm
At least in Football, the other team's fans are on the other side.
Try a soccer game sometime where both team's fans are on the same side.  Especially during the 3 days of the playoffs.  You hear quite a bit.  I remember one semi game that Harrison fans, while awaiting for our semi game, were sitting between the fans of the two teams playing and we thought that we would be caught in the middle of a riot.  Man, the words thrown back and forth in the stands.  At least the players showed the utmost respect for the each other on the field and didn't act like the so called adults.

Soccer gets wild!!! During the 2016 5A Boys Championship, a Hot Springs fan jumped out of the stands and punched a Valley View player during a scrum towards the end of the game. I always like to sit at midfield so I can catch all the back and forth yelling and screaming from both schools.

Blazer51

Quote from: VVBlazer on November 13, 2017, 12:55:12 pm
Soccer gets wild!!! During the 2016 5A Boys Championship, a Hot Springs fan jumped out of the stands and punched a Valley View player during a scrum towards the end of the game. I always like to sit at midfield so I can catch all the back and forth yelling and screaming from both schools.

You're kidding me?!😂😂😂

TNT_15

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 13, 2017, 05:44:07 am
Pa people don't have fun. They are to busy losing in everything but football....

Overdahill

?? there are sports other than football  ???

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: TNT_15 on November 14, 2017, 06:37:48 pm
Pa people don't have fun. They are to busy losing in everything but football....
Trust me, we are still winning.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas