• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Mayflower.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, November 10, 2017, 09:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Monsta

This Could Be The End Of The Line PB

CoolBreeze

Bwana

panther07

If it's less than 3 TD's, Smackover has played well.

Horse Shoe

Well, I guess if you go by our one common opponent, it will be a short game and a long bus ride home.  But anything can happen come playoff time.  How have the Eagles fared the past few years in the post season.

Wardog87

Mayflower rolls. And then proceeds to roll all the way to War Memorial. I don't see anyone on this side of the bracket that can hang.

Proud Buckaroo

I hope the players don't think that way. Just look at what happened to Glen Rose for going in a game with a big head.

Grayte88

I dont think they do. They have to beat Smackover first and there is pretty good teams on this side of the bracket. Rivercrest, Mcgehee, Newport. Its not an easy road for sure! One week at a time.

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 11, 2017, 12:00:13 am
I hope the players don't think that way. Just look at what happened to Glen Rose for going in a game with a big head.
Im pulling for Smack in this one.

bootlegger

i feel that mayflower wins this one but i hope that smackover makes it a close game

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wardog87 on November 10, 2017, 11:44:01 pm
Mayflower rolls. And then proceeds to roll all the way to War Memorial. I don't see anyone on this side of the bracket that can hang.
Slow down you haven't played a good team this year.

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2017, 10:44:05 am
Slow down you haven't played a good team this year.

They beat HA, and if you haven't heard, HA beat Centerpoint last night so they've become the next World Champ....which makes Mayflower,, World Beaters!

panther07

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2017, 10:49:48 am
They beat HA, and if you haven't heard, HA beat Centerpoint last night so they've become the next World Champ....which makes Mayflower,, World Beaters!

According to?

CoolBreeze

November 11, 2017, 11:19:20 am #14 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:36:31 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: Grayte88 on November 11, 2017, 12:21:03 am
I dont think they do. They have to beat Smackover first and there is pretty good teams on this side of the bracket. Rivercrest, Mcgehee, Newport. Its not an easy road for sure! One week at a time.
Right, if Newport upset Glen Rose, they definitely should not be overlooked, even if they are a 5-seed.

Also, Smackover has a history of playing above expectations for their seeding in the playoffs. For example, in 2012, as a 4-seed, Smackover gave HA their stiffest competition before they met Glen Rose in the championship game.

The bottom line is this: if the Eagles want to get to WMS, they'd best come ready to play every week.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dragondad on November 11, 2017, 10:49:48 am
Sarcasm doesn't become you, DD. Of course, Harding fans are happy to move to round 2. They're a 3-seed with 4 losses. But nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has proclaimed them Word Champ. Now, if they should happen to defeat your invincible Dragons next week, then perhaps some will begin to see championship as a possibilty for the usptarts from the inferior 2-3A conference.

THA TRUTH

For Smackover to win White doesn't need to play D this week and prepare for a 40 carry game cause they aren't gonna stop mayflower on offense

Grayte88

Exactly and im sure they will be ready. Langrell is a solid coach and had them ready every game this year. They are not taking Smackover lightly, every game will be tough the rest of the way but smack does have their hands full this week!

Wardog87

I'm aware that they haven't played anyone this year. But they handled HA. Go check the score of the HA/Smackover game.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wardog87 on November 11, 2017, 11:42:55 am
I'm aware that they haven't played anyone this year. But they handled HA. Go check the score of the HA/Smackover game.
And the final score does not accurately reflect the drubbing that it was. The clock started rolling when HA went up 42-7.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wardog87 on November 11, 2017, 11:42:55 am
And McGehee mercy ruled Smackover. Means nothing. My point is starting in a couple of weeks many teams will be facing the best team they have played all year. Some start this week.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2017, 11:50:57 am
And McGehee mercy ruled Smackover. Means nothing. My point is starting in a couple of weeks many teams will be facing the best team they have played all year. Some start this week.
Mayflower won't.

Jimbo Morphis

Coltfan2005

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 11, 2017, 12:00:18 pm
Smackover
Right, they will meet the best team they've played all year this week.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 12:52:38 pm
Right, they will meet the best team they've played all year this week.
Could be.

Wardog87

I just question how you can say Smackover is better than Harding (who mayflower rolled)? Just curious.

panther07

Quote from: Wardog87 on November 11, 2017, 01:16:47 pm
I just question how you can say Smackover is better than Harding (who mayflower rolled)? Just curious.

All HA did was mercy rule smackover. After smackover scored on first play from
Scrimmage. It got ugly in searcy.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on November 11, 2017, 01:22:58 pm
All HA did was mercy rule smackover. After smackover scored on first play from
Scrimmage. It got ugly in searcy.
And the Bucks didn't score again until after the clock started rolling.

bootlegger

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 01:24:21 pm
And the Bucks didn't score again until after the clock started rolling.
you cant rely on scores from early in the season because most teams improves as the season goes on,just look at Newport.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: bootlegger on November 11, 2017, 01:29:49 pm
you cant rely on scores from early in the season because most teams improves as the season goes on,just look at Newport.
Not that much.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bootlegger on November 11, 2017, 01:29:49 pm
That is true but some get worse due to injuries.

dragondad

November 11, 2017, 01:38:13 pm #32 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:11:22 pm by dragondad
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 11:25:32 am
Sarcasm doesn't become you, DD. Of course, Harding fans are happy to move to round 2. They're a 3-seed with 4 losses. But nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has proclaimed them Word Champ. Now, if they should happen to defeat your invincible Dragons next week, then perhaps some will begin to see championship as a possibilty for the usptarts from the inferior 2-3A conference.

IF they beat them....they're not invincible....and no one from JC has made that claim.  Anyone can be beaten,  its been proven time and time again,  its just by who and when.

Linebacker

Clara Allen

Im pulling for the Bucks in this one   Ill be cozy and warm inside the Warrior gym   

WHITEchicken

No matter what happens early, if Smackover stays level headed they will have a shot. You want to bring up HA game or any other game, I bet the qb from HA has not played a game that good all year. You can't use the transitive property in football. Smackover will roll into town ready to play friday. Hopefully both teams stay healthy throught it. Just for conversation sake I don't think the RB from mayflower is going to be better than the RB from JC. Yoshiama or whatever his name is. Dragon fans can correct me if I'm wrong.

Grayte88

Hes going to be just as good and he has a twin brother that is just as dangerous. Deon has for 1950 yards and 37tds.

Proud Buckaroo

Deon has 1,969 yards.
Taylor has 1,961 yards.

panther07

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 11, 2017, 03:16:09 pm
No matter what happens early, if Smackover stays level headed they will have a shot. You want to bring up HA game or any other game, I bet the qb from HA has not played a game that good all year. You can't use the transitive property in football. Smackover will roll into town ready to play friday. Hopefully both teams stay healthy throught it. Just for conversation sake I don't think the RB from mayflower is going to be better than the RB from JC. Yoshiama or whatever his name is. Dragon fans can correct me if I'm wrong.

He was 19-22 for 299 and 5 td's last night at the half. Ended up 408 and 6 td's.

WilderKat

November 11, 2017, 04:56:27 pm #39 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:01:26 pm by WilderKat
I like how this guy always has something nice to say. Attitude is important.

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 11, 2017, 11:25:32 am
:) then perhaps some will begin to see championship as a possibilty for the upstarts

Wardog87

No chance you say Simmons isnt the best RB in 3A. Could've had WELL over 2000 yards if he would've gotten to play more than 3 quarters any game this year. Leads the state in rushing yards and total TD's. The shiftiest guy I've seen in a while.

mustang56

cuz

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Wardog87 on November 11, 2017, 07:05:00 pm
No chance you say Simmons isnt the best RB in 3A. Could've had WELL over 2000 yards if he would've gotten to play more than 3 quarters any game this year. Leads the state in rushing yards and total TD's. The shiftiest guy I've seen in a while.

Chris Jordan from Palestine-Wheatley has more yards than Deon. They just don't post stats. Chris has 1,980 yards and 19 TDs.

Coach Jones

Smackover definitely has the speed to hang with mayflower.  Smackover is much more physical than even I expected.  I have watched Mayflower in film and wow they are fast at a couple positions.   Should be a great game to watch.

dragondad

Quote from: Wardog87 on November 11, 2017, 07:05:00 pm

How many carries?

eaglecd

November 11, 2017, 09:44:04 pm #46 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:49:14 pm by eaglecd
Deon has carried it 170 times. Averaging 11.6 yards a carry. 197 yards a game. Rarely played a full game. 37 rushing touchdowns. 40 total touchdowns.

eaglecd

Keon Simmons is no slouch either. He just dont get alot of carries. He has 692 yards on 44 carries. Thats a 15.7 yards per carry average. I think Mayflower has some pretty good backs.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover has a pretty good one too. The last two games he has rushed for 426 yards and 8 TDs.  He's had 7 games of 100 + yards rushing. He was 8 yards shy of having 100 yards against JC. He's also got around 70 tackles from his DE spot.

eaglecd

Whats his name? I would like to check out his hudl acct.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas