• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Devil Dogs @ Watson Chapel

Started by the voice, November 05, 2017, 06:33:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolut

the voice

SWAT524

AIREDALE25

MDXPHD

It would be nice to see the West be somewhat relevant again. It's boring when they're not very good.

South 45

Just saw Hootens has us picked by one, that could be the kiss of death... ;) :) ;D Looking like a quarterback showdown for sure. Not going to lie I am a little concerned about that W.C. defense but still think it will be a single digit win either way...Should be one heck of a ballgame.
Dogs by 6

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2017, 11:00:50 am
It would be nice to see the West be somewhat relevant again. It's boring when they're not very good.

They implemented your success advancement model; anyone showing real promise will get moved to the Central :D

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 10, 2017, 11:27:09 am
They implemented your success advancement model; anyone showing real promise will get moved to the Central :D

That means Alma is stuck in the West forever!

Go Postal

Good Luck tonight Motown.  GO DEVIL DOGS!

GuvHog

Quote from: the voice on November 10, 2017, 10:57:39 am
Morrilton 38
WC.         20

The only team that WC has played this year that scored that many points on them was Pine Bluff. I doubt that Morrilton is a good as Pine Bluff. It'll be a close game and not that high scoring.

South 45

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2017, 12:08:55 pm
The only team that WC has played this year that scored that many points on them was Pine Bluff. I doubt that Morrilton is a good as Pine Bluff. It'll be a close game and not that high scoring.
I agree...I don't see Wamble's D allowing that many. Just hoping they allow enough.

South 45

GuvHog

South 45

Wow, two 10th graders at the helm...This ought to be fun!!!

InYoGrill

Roof Roof, Get'em you Tasmanian Devil Dogs!

Iknewthemwhen

November 10, 2017, 01:01:28 pm #65 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:41:54 am by Iknewthemwhen
A lot of talk back and forth about who's best.  With 4 games up for grabs one conference will come out the winner tonight. South or West?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on November 10, 2017, 11:27:09 am

So that's why we're moving. Makes sense.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2017, 11:00:50 am

Last time I checked, the West beat the East in a showdown at WMS for a state title in 2013....that was the last for either the East or West....seems like the East has lost a couple since then though....and several in recent memory.

the voice

WC  reminds me of Wynne defense last year. They sell out to get you.  Play man coverage on receivers. Tough in between tackles as they fill the line up. They struggle to cover the pass.

Criswell is really getting in a rhythm on offense , he's finding holes to run and throw. 

DevilDog59

Best 4 seed there's ever been. 34-8 Dogs!

MDXPHD

South 45

Not at all the game I thought I'd see...but I'm loving it.

the voice

I expected dogs to pull away but not this way. Expected more from the WC defense I had heard about.
Criswell just too much tonight. Running and passing.

InYoGrill

ARFF, ARFF, barks the big bad debil pups. What says U Voice?  ;D

PercussionMan

Apparently, WC was not prepared like they thought they would be.  Morrilton dominating what seems like a very one dimensional WC offense.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 10, 2017, 08:55:41 pm
Apparently, WC was not prepared like they thought they would be.  Morrilton dominating what seems like a very one dimensional WC offense.

Which really isn't too surprising, considering it is WC and this is the playoffs. Morrilton probably deserved to be a higher seed, but they would have to beat the good teams eventually. Looking forward to how they do next week.

the voice

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 10, 2017, 08:55:38 pm
ARFF, ARFF, barks the big bad debil pups. What says U Voice?  ;D

I say Criswell was too much. They stacked the line and he picked em apart. Then he ran and ran. Dogs on a roll !!!!

P.F.G.

Tough matchup for WC. One of the hottest teams in the state first round.

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 10, 2017, 08:59:13 pm
Which really isn't too surprising, considering it is WC and this is the playoffs. Morrilton probably deserved to be a higher seed, but they would have to beat the good teams eventually. Looking forward to how they do next week.

Will be interesting to see....I plan on making the trip.  Watched some of the Wynne vs. LRCA game online as I was listening to the radio broadcast of the Morrilton game.  Wynne still runs the option very well with that backfield of good, fast backs.  I expect a closer game between the two than either had with their opponents tonight.  Morrilton makes their 3rd trip to Wynne in the playoffs in 6 years.

PercussionMan

PercussionMan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2017, 12:08:55 pm

Well look....GuvHog was wrong again....imagine that!!

PA Dad

I just watched highlights of this game.  Criswell is a heck of an athlete.  I'd say that he will be highly recruited.

InYoGrill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 10, 2017, 10:23:22 pm
I just watched highlights of this game.  Criswell is a heck of an athlete.  I'd say that he will be highly recruited.

Voice told me this week at work that THE OHIO STATE was seen in Motown.

the voice

Quote from: PA Dad on November 10, 2017, 10:23:22 pm
He's getting attention. Well deserved he took over the game tonight.

gameoflife

November 11, 2017, 01:19:13 am #84 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:22:31 am by gameoflife
Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 10, 2017, 01:01:28 pm
A lot of talk back and forth about who's best.  With 4 games up for grabs one conference will come out the winner tonight. South or West?

Well?  Didn't really see this coming.

Rolling

Quote from: Absolut on November 05, 2017, 02:50:39 pm
I'm do think it will be easy, but I can see WC pulling away late. Listen I have seen some BAD defense from WC in recent years. But this year's new defense under Coach Womble has made me a believer. I was skeptical at first about the defense, but it's clear that the defense is dominant this season.

We've seen a pretty good RPO offense in Class 4A #1 Warren and some random guy named Trelon Burks. WC defense held them to their lowest point total all season (20).
[/quote. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT DEFENSE?

Rolling

Quote from: South 45 on November 10, 2017, 12:20:24 pm
I agree...I don't see Wamble's D allowing that many. Just hoping they allow enough.
Wambles defense got mercied ruled

Rolling

Watson Chapel celebrated the conference title as if They had won the State Title....They forgot to show up for the playoffs....Same ole Watson Chapel

South 45

Quote from: Rolling on November 11, 2017, 09:18:33 am
Wambles defense got mercied ruled
I try to stay humble in my comments and did to a fault on this one. I'll be the first to admit I gave WC WAAAAY too much credit. Their punter's hang time was the only thing I was impressed with all night. #7 just keeps getting better as he has since his Little Pup days. I am really going to enjoy the next couple years with this kid.

PercussionMan

Quote from: South 45 on November 11, 2017, 09:40:48 am
I try to stay humble in my comments and did to a fault on this one. I'll be the first to admit I gave WC WAAAAY too much credit. Their punter's hang time was the only thing I was impressed with all night. #7 just keeps getting better as he has since his Little Pup days. I am really going to enjoy the next couple years with this kid.

Can you imagine that beast as a Junior or Senior?!  Kids like him make the other kids around him play better and with more intensity.  Get ready to have some recruiters sitting at Devil Dog Stadium the next two years for sure.

South 45

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 09:51:38 am
Can you imagine that beast as a Junior or Senior?!  Kids like him make the other kids around him play better and with more intensity.  Get ready to have some recruiters sitting at Devil Dog Stadium the next two years for sure.
We got to telling stories on him last night from his Peewee days. 5th or 6th grade year a kid got hurt and he was put in at  corner (for the first time ever). Lost his footing at the snap, fell down, the receiver he was covering gets the pass. He gets up and still beats the safety to ball and makes the tackle. I guess the word is out but it's no real surprise to a lot of us.   

South 45

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 09:51:38 am
...and yes he does make others better. His work ethic seems to be way up there. I've seen him many Saturday mornings working out by himself at the stadium. Always with a smile and a "yes sir" or a "good morning" for ya. 

gameoflife

November 11, 2017, 11:46:07 am #92 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:48:12 am by gameoflife
Absolute quote:  "I'm do think it will be easy, but I can see WC pulling away late. Listen I have seen some BAD defense from WC in recent years. But this year's new defense under Coach Womble has made me a believer. I was skeptical at first about the defense, but it's clear that the defense is dominant this season.

We've seen a pretty good RPO offense in Class 4A #1 Warren and some random guy named Trelon Burks. WC defense held them to their lowest point total all season (20)".
[/quote. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT DEFENSE?

I believe WC did make it to the semi finals last year.

the voice

They got "Criswelled " !!!!
Patent pending all rights of that term
😂😂😂😏😏

PercussionMan

Quote from: South 45 on November 11, 2017, 11:07:41 am
We got to telling stories on him last night from his Peewee days. 5th or 6th grade year a kid got hurt and he was put in at  corner (for the first time ever). Lost his footing at the snap, fell down, the receiver he was covering gets the pass. He gets up and still beats the safety to ball and makes the tackle. I guess the word is out but it's no real surprise to a lot of us.   

Morrilton people have only been talking about him since he first stepped onto the field as a little guy....saying he was the real deal and going to be special....spot on....nailed it!!

gameoflife

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 11, 2017, 02:06:00 pm
Morrilton people have only been talking about him since he first stepped onto the field as a little guy....saying he was the real deal and going to be special....spot on....nailed it!!

Was a huge factor in the game Friday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas