• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 04, 2017, 12:03:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

November 04, 2017, 12:03:26 am Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:07:58 am by PA Dad
Can Valley View pull the upset?

Raider2011

Not enough offensive fire power to out score them, don't see the defense keeping it close...

razorcardsfan11

Nope. Won't be an upset here. Probably a mercy rule game.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yeah no upset here PA wins big

The_Pioneer

VV will surprise the PA faithful a little.  Small team but they play hard and always seem to be in the right spots defensively.  But will still win big in the end.  They just can't score enough points without getting turnovers.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 12:03:26 am
I feel sorry for Valley View... :(

redsport27

I'm happy for the Blazers making it this far. However, I think the road ends here for them. They will come out playing hard but PA will be ready. I think PA will win with a very comfortable margin.

PA Bruin Fan

It's feeling more and more like PA's close call at PV was just a bad game for PA.  Not to take anything away from PV, they played hard with their heads high. Hopefully, it was a great wake up call.  VV is a sound team and I'm hoping for a great game.

bigchief72455

VV will come out fighting and give all they have. Very talented team. PA has the players and the experience. Not taking away from VV but the coaching is better for PA as well. This will be a good learning experience for the players and staff at VV and will only make them a more knowledgeable team down the road.

TheSpecial

Two of the teams with most class out of any schools in Arkansas. PA will end up winning big, but will be a fun game watching VV play against a style they have not seen before.

MDXPHD

Quote from: TheSpecial on November 04, 2017, 12:51:20 pm
Two of the teams with most class out of any schools in Arkansas. PA will end up winning big, but will be a fun game watching VV play against a style they have not seen before.

Tell me, how do these two teams have more class than others?

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 04, 2017, 01:04:34 pm

You can determine that based on the quality of the teams' posters!

Rampage72501

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 04, 2017, 01:04:34 pm

Wonder if a photographer on the PA sidelines has ever said "worst display of foul language from coaches I've ever witnessed"?  Same photographer asked the local newspaper photographer if the language was normal, and the newspaper photographer chuckled and said, "it's actually a little mild tonight".

Class.  LOL

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 01:13:12 pm

Of course! So Batesville is a close third behind these two?

BIGGOAT60

Im calling the upset right now.... the UPSET Valley View fans that traveled to PA

tmycjy

Not try to get people mad but if PA can't stop valley view QB it will be a ball game

InYoGrill

PA skull drags VV 65-7 and scores only td on PA's 8th grade with less a min left in game.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 04, 2017, 01:35:53 pm
Wonder if a photographer on the PA sidelines has ever said "worst display of foul language from coaches I've ever witnessed"?  Same photographer asked the local newspaper photographer if the language was normal, and the newspaper photographer chuckled and said, "it's actually a little mild tonight".

Class.  LOL

You are saying PA coaches used "worst display of foul language"?

RunninJoe

I believe the post means VV sidelines had the foul language.

Blazer51

Quote from: RunninJoe on November 04, 2017, 08:38:54 pm
I believe the post means VV sidelines had the foul language.

We have had the same photographer all year long, so I'd like to know which one it was that said that. Plus I highly doubt it, we used to have to bear crawl 400 yards for cussing. But then again it's a different coach now. I would just be surprised if cockrell let it happen.

JessieP

Here's my take on it, I was at the game last night but didn't get home until an hour ago, I kept getting lost, it's a scary world when your this stupid. You think I'm kidding? I sit in the bathtub and break wind, that sends me into a 4 hour uncontrollable fit of laughter. Anyway this is an interesting match-up. I think VV will surprise PA with how physical their defensive front is, the weak link, one that is taylor made for Hatcher, is their DB's. They are undersized and not at all athletic. Against Wynne and Batesville VV's defensive front is very effective, against PA their DB's are in for a long night. I would love to see an upset, VV is micro inches from being a top tier team, but I think Hatcher will be lobbing warm-up lines all night. It wouldn't surprise me if PA is held to a season low in rushing yards but approaches passing numbers like the LRCA game.

Maynard G Krebs

I've never seen a Valley View football team, but several years ago saw the girl's volleyball team play.   If the football team is comparable in size, athleticism and attitude as their girls, then I expect a good game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 04, 2017, 09:32:46 pm
I've never seen a Valley View football team, but several years ago saw the girl's volleyball team play.   If the football team is comparable in size, athleticism and attitude as their girls, then I expect a good game.

Hahaha. Those girls sure can play! They have a good soccer program too.

chaingang

Quote from: PA Dad on November 04, 2017, 01:13:12 pm
Dad...please tell me you are kidding.... I come here to read and get your insight on the ball games and believe me I will defend you along way against anyone that speaks ill of you , but please tell me what you said was " Sarcasm ".  That statement almost made me shat the bed and I laughed till my side was hurting .

PA Dad

November 05, 2017, 08:25:49 pm #24 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:45:05 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: chaingang on November 05, 2017, 12:36:58 pm
Dad...please tell me you are kidding.... I come here to read and get your insight on the ball games and believe me I will defend you along way against anyone that speaks ill of you , but please tell me what you said was " Sarcasm ".  That statement almost made me shat the bed and I laughed till my side was hurting .

That was absolutely tongue on cheek.  If you determined class based on  the posters I would condemn PA to the classless.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 08:25:49 pm
That was absolutely tongue on cheek.  If you determined class based in the posters I would condemn PA to the classless.

And Batesville would be number one because of Jessie right?

PA Dad

November 05, 2017, 09:52:38 pm #26 Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:04:09 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 05, 2017, 09:30:38 pm
And Batesville would be number one because of Jessie right?

No, but they would be because of you and Intelligentsia!  And Jessie does have his lucid moments with very good insights.  He just needs to shower and stay out of the bathtub.

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 04, 2017, 09:47:35 pm
Hahaha. Those girls sure can play! They have a good soccer program too.
Almost as good as PA, LRCA and Harrison girls.  We welcome their talent to the 5A.  But wait it will be 4A for us smaller schools (Batesville on down) in other sports next cycle. :-\

JessieP

Another thing that spells big trouble for VV is that their offense is one dimensional, big time. Probably about 80% of their plays are the QB faking a hand off and running between the tackles. PA's coaches had that one figured out before they put sugar in their sweet tea at the catered film session. It was frustrating because he was getting chunks of yardage late in the game and everyone knew what was coming. The crowd was yelling "the QB is going to keep it" and he still got yards. Their passing game in non existent, they can't throw and they can't catch. As much as I'd love to see an upset the more video of Friday's I watch the more I'm overcome with a feeling of "this can get very ugly". VV's defense is stout, not physical but well disciplined. VV matches up much better against Wynne and Batesville then PA or LRCA.   

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 11:19:39 pm
Another thing that spells big trouble for VV is that their offense is one dimensional, big time. Probably about 80% of their plays are the QB faking a hand off and running between the tackles. PA's coaches had that one figured out before they put sugar in their sweet tea at the catered film session. It was frustrating because he was getting chunks of yardage late in the game and everyone knew what was coming. The crowd was yelling "the QB is going to keep it" and he still got yards. Their passing game in non existent, they can't throw and they can't catch. As much as I'd love to see an upset the more video of Friday's I watch the more I'm overcome with a feeling of "this can get very ugly". VV's defense is stout, not physical but well disciplined. VV matches up much better against Wynne and Batesville then PA or LRCA.

The PA coaches prefer scotch over sweet tea.

And the film session is not catered.  PA coaches have their own private chef.

Please get your facts straight.

(I hate to do this but too many posters take things literally.  This is tongue in cheek).

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 11:29:29 pm
The PA coaches prefer scotch over sweet tea.

And the film session is not catered.  PA coaches have their own private chef.

Please get your facts straight.

(I hate to do this but too many posters take things literally.  This is tongue in cheek).

Now Now Now, slow your roll. The catered meals at film sessions didn't come from me or any other poster. It came from ESPN. They were talking about the prep work PA puts in and the announcer said "after tonight's game the coaches meet at Coach Kelley's house for a catered meal and they'll start breaking down film". So blame ESPN.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 05, 2017, 11:45:28 pm
Now Now Now, slow your roll. The catered meals at film sessions didn't come from me or any other poster. It came from ESPN. They were talking about the prep work PA puts in and the announcer said "after tonight's game the coaches meet at Coach Kelley's house for a catered meal and they'll start breaking down film". So blame ESPN.

Even ESPN can get it wrong.  The meals at the film sessions are prepared by Coach's personal chef who happens to be Gordon Ramsey.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 05, 2017, 11:50:56 pm
Even ESPN can get it wrong.  The meals at the film sessions are prepared by Coach's personal chef who happens to be Gordon Ramsey.

Kelley's married to Gordon Ramsey?

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 06, 2017, 12:00:04 am
Kelley's married to Gordon Ramsey?

You can be very funny.

No, Kelley is not married to Ramsey because Ramsey knows nothing about football!

Youngsta71701

FootballJunky

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 04, 2017, 06:48:22 am
I feel sorry for Valley View... :(

Uh No!  Should be a blowout!  Unless you have athletes in the secondary and can apply pressure, you are out of luck against PA. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: FootballJunky on November 06, 2017, 09:52:14 am
Uh No!  Should be a blowout!  Unless you have athletes in the secondary and can apply pressure, you are out of luck against PA.
Exactly. Pulaski Academy can name their score in this one.

Chief_Osceola™

Well this thread has taken some interesting turns.

As for the game, PA by a lot.

PercussionMan

bigchief72455

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 12:15:58 am
You can be very funny.

No, Kelley is not married to Ramsey because Ramsey knows nothing about football!
American football.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 12:15:58 am
You can be very funny.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

PA Bruin Fan

How many true spread offenses have VV faced this year?  Looks like their secondary plays pretty far off the line.  They'll need to tighten that up Friday to make it a game. 

walkingguy72396

The spread?  I thought they all ran that except for Beebe, McClellan, Vilonia, Batesville and Wynne.

we_hate_the_band

This isn't a volleyball forum.

thisisfun

not the best matchup for PA. Valley View will score and control time of possession. As long as they recover the onside kicks, could be a long night for the bruins

Overdahill

Quote from: thisisfun on November 06, 2017, 08:49:14 pm
not the best matchup for PA. Valley View will score and control time of possession. As long as they recover the onside kicks, could be a long night for the bruins

:o

Freight Train

Not the best matchup for VV either. Playing a team that scores quickly, goes for 2, kicks onside, and puts lots of pressure on you. Could be a long night for VV

PA Dad

I'm curious.  What would be the best matchup for PA?

MDXPHD

Pwil11

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2017, 09:38:34 pm
I'm curious.  What would be the best matchup for PA?

Please not this again. This is the VV PA thread. It's not always just about PA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas