• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar @ Smackover

Started by beach bum, November 03, 2017, 10:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

dragondad

Jimbo Morphis

He is not smart enough to hurt my feelings or make me sensitive.

Proud Buckaroo

In regards of where I was. Trust me when I say this. I'm not going anywhere. I was at work however and it was a busy day. I don't believe Smackover would Mountain View their season. LOL. McGehee is just a better team.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Calpreps picks Smackover 28-14.

MICHAELSPAPPY

TheTruth2010

xadboy

Going old school here. The great Carnac says Lamar wins turnover battle and pulls out a win by 1 point.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 06, 2017, 10:56:04 pm
Now were really going to win.

You are correct. You WERE going to win. Now you're not. Because Hooten's said so.

Clara Allen

Hooters said Paris was going to win too.
But last time I checked Hooters doesn't take the field. 

TheTruth2010

Did someone just invite me to a dinner date to hooters?

Clara Allen

I sincerely hate auto correct.  Hootens.  Never been to the other place.  Augustus would love it but not me...

Horse Shoe

Hook, Line, and Sinker.   ;D

Horse Shoe

All kidding aside, I don't really think we "played" for third place.  McGehee is the better team. 
Looks like I did get up in oldman's feelings though. 
Don't hate the player, hate the game oldman.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 07, 2017, 08:42:48 am
All kidding aside, I don't really think we "played" for third place.  McGehee is the better team. 
Looks like I did get up in oldman's feelings though. 
Don't hate the player, hate the game oldman.
I really have no idea what makes you think you got in my feelings, I didn't think you were serious.

Proud Buckaroo

The only time Oldman is in his feelings is when his old lady doesn't make him a sandwich.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 07, 2017, 10:08:08 am
The only time Oldman is in his feelings is when his old lady doesn't make him a sandwich.
Bingo

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on November 03, 2017, 10:38:03 pm
This will be an upset in round 1 imo.... Lamar is playing much better as the season goes along. If they win the turnover battle in this match up I think they take this one.

Smack is a solid favorite, and should be. However, I am not counting out the Warriors because they are peaking at the right time. Doc has them playing well. I agree that this is an upset possibility if things break right.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 07, 2017, 10:23:50 am
Smack is a solid favorite, and should be. However, I am not counting out the Warriors because they are peaking at the right time. Doc has them playing well. I agree that this is an upset possibility if things break right.
Couldn't have put it better, myself.

WHITEchicken

So Lamar posters talked so bad last time these two played. I see it goin about the same. People saying something bad about coaching must not have seen that one. Lamar was gaining like 7 yards a pop when running and throwing pick 6s every time they threw it. Coaches decided to throw it instead of running. If it is the same coach I would say smack by about 27

TheTruth2010

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 08, 2017, 07:37:09 pm
So Lamar posters talked so bad last time these two played. I see it goin about the same. People saying something bad about coaching must not have seen that one. Lamar was gaining like 7 yards a pop when running and throwing pick 6s every time they threw it. Coaches decided to throw it instead of running. If it is the same coach I would say smack by about 27
Completley different offense than last time. Lamar Threw like 25 times per game . Now they may throw 4-5 passes. I don't think it will be a blow out, but I could be wrong.

macadoshis

Here's my two cents.  Can't even begin to compare last time Lamar played smack.  Lamar threw 5 picks that if I'm not wrong all led to points for Smack.  And this all in the first half.  Lamar was determined to live or die by the pass that season and especially that game.  So throw that out the window.   At home, followed by a really long drive, I just don't feel like this young Warrior team gets it done.  Id love to see a close game, but as I've maintained all year, I feel they are a year or two away.   Smack 33 Lamar 14

MICHAELSPAPPY

Whatever happens on the scoreboard, the team needs to come home with a feeling of, "We belong here and we can go ever further than this."

MICHAELSPAPPY

The last time these two teams played, Lamar ran 37 times for 127 yards (3.4 per carry). Passing they were 4 for 14 for 32 yards and 4 interceptions.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Will this game be streamed on the internet?

KOJACK

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 09, 2017, 12:21:21 pm
The last time these two teams played, Lamar ran 37 times for 127 yards (3.4 per carry). Passing they were 4 for 14 for 32 yards and 4 interceptions.
Thanks for the correction!!  Maybe it just felt like 5. Don't get me wrong.  Do I want Lamar to win?  Of course I do. I just don't think it'll happen this year.  They have greatly improved since first of the year.  I always want them to do well.

MICHAELSPAPPY

It would be an upset if Lamar wins, but not along the lines of a 5 beating a 1 seed.

macadoshis

On paper 3 beating a 4, minor upset.  In reality, Lamar beating Smackover, major upset.  Does that make any sense ?

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

SmackoverWaterBoy

Been watering the field all week on top of the rain we have had, should be just right for tomorrow night. 

unleasheddad

Lamar is not very good at all this year. I don't see them playing in round 2. Just being brutally honest

Clara Allen

The last meeting was brutal for Lamar.  I think we have improved as the season progressed.  Will we run Smackover off their field?  No, I'm think not.  Will we be competitive?  Yes, i think we will.  Proud of how these kids have played all year. Hoping for a great game. 

macadoshis

Best Seats in the House

Game Day!  I'm pretty excited for this game. Lamar seems to have a burst of momentum and some confidence.  They definitely have their mindset in the right place to give it  everything they've got.  Coach has got these boys believing in themselves and their abilities.  I like what Jones has been able to do this season by growing up this young team.  I'm expecting a great game!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Best Seats in the House on November 10, 2017, 08:59:54 am
Game Day!  I'm pretty excited for this game. Lamar seems to have a burst of momentum and some confidence.  They definitely have their mindset in the right place to give it  everything they've got.  Coach has got these boys believing in themselves and their abilities.  I like what Jones has been able to do this season by growing up this young team.  I'm expecting a great game!

I agree. The growth has been painful at times, but they are heading the right direction. Regardless of the outcome, this is an important game for the program.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: unleasheddad on November 09, 2017, 05:37:41 pm
Lamar is not very good at all this year. I don't see them playing in round 2. Just being brutally honest
If they weren't very good at all, they wouldn't still be playing. This is a young team that has gotten things going in the right direction as of late. I don't know if they can win this game, but I do think they can make it competitive.

macadoshis

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on November 10, 2017, 11:23:40 am
If they weren't very good at all, they wouldn't still be playing. This is a young team that has gotten things going in the right direction as of late. I don't know if they can win this game, but I do think they can make it competitive.
I really feel with this game, the only way it will br competitive is if Lamar jumps out to an early lead anf Smackover turns the ball over.  If the Bucks start ogf fast I think Lamars youth shows itself and the outcome could be much like last time.  Anxious to see how this game plays out early. 

bleudog

Lamar 6
Smack 0

4:28 left in the first.

bleudog

Lamar 6
Smack 7

1:36 left in the first.

bleudog

Lamar 12
Smack 7

3:08 left in the second.

bleudog

Lamar 12
Smack 13

0:01 left in the second

macadoshis

Fourth and 15 you absolutely cannot let someone get behind you that bad.  As far as I can see so far in this one... .Lamar's best player is Smackover center. 

TheTruth2010

That was awful defense by Lamar. How do you let a 4th and 15 result in a wide open receiver on the last play of the half pretty much? Wow. None the less, looks like the Warriors are hanging tough so far...

bleudog

Lamar 12
Smack 21

8:36 left in the 3rd.

bleudog

Lamar 12
Smack 29

6:15 left in the third.

bleudog

Lamar 20
Smack 29

9:14 left in the fourth.

TheTruth2010

Lamar beat them selves in the 3rd quarter.

bleudog

Lamar 20
Smack 37

4:47 left in the 4th. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas