• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salem @ Hector- 1st Round

Started by Wildcatalumni21, November 03, 2017, 01:43:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 08, 2017, 10:28:39 pm
we usually have a huge crowd traveling but this year seems far less then past years.  its just hard for us with our conferance  2-3 hours trips.  it wears on you throughtout the football season.  this is our conference trips.  now we dont play all away but we never get one close.  i would bet we have travel the most out of all 2a teams.

rector 2:40 munutes
cross county 2:30
epc 2:45
earle 2:30
marked tree 2:30

the only close one is midland at 1:20 minutes and thats in my car.  You can add another 30 minutesfor the bus.

i wonder if anyone has every checked to see which team has to travel the most in 2a.
Dang that's crazy!! That also wears on a team! Greyhound are you gonna make it to the game? I will say I don't think anyone will ever bring a crowd like Rison did a couple years back! Standing room only and fans from both sides wrapped all the way around behind both endzones! Was the best atmosphere, and you could tell both teams really enjoyed and fed off of the energy! Wildcat Stadium was rocking that night and I'd say was a total of about 1500-2000 people

Greyhound#1

yes I'll be making the trip for sure.  No way I would miss the upset of the year....lol :P

wiseguy

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 09, 2017, 11:59:17 am
yes I'll be making the trip for sure.  No way I would miss the upset of the year....lol :P
Hey that's why we play the game!Never know what's going to happen in high school football  ;) With that being said- Go Wildcats  8)

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 09, 2017, 11:59:17 am
Would be nice to meet ya sir. Hey if it happens then I'll be the 1st to come on here and congratulate y'all!

Greyhound#1

I hope with our bye week the last game its helped us get healthy and make some adjustments.  I have talked to a few of the kids and they seemed excited and they think the coaches got the them ready to go.  You never know when it comes down to kids last game.  Some groups just decide its time to step up and some say lets go play Basketball.  We shall see Friday night.  But win or loose just play hard.  One of the best High school games i have ever seen ended in Salem loss in the playoffs.  We played Dierks in 2013 I believe and i can tell you every kid(both sides) left it on the field that night.  Any Dierks people on here will tell you the same.  So hope our boys just give it everything they got.  Go hounds 

wiseguy

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 09, 2017, 02:08:19 pm
I hope with our bye week the last game its helped us get healthy and make some adjustments.  I have talked to a few of the kids and they seemed excited and they think the coaches got the them ready to go.  You never know when it comes down to kids last game.  Some groups just decide its time to step up and some say lets go play Basketball.  We shall see Friday night.  But win or loose just play hard.  One of the best High school games i have ever seen ended in Salem loss in the playoffs.  We played Dierks in 2013 I believe and i can tell you every kid(both sides) left it on the field that night.  Any Dierks people on here will tell you the same.  So hope our boys just give it everything they got.  Go hounds
+1  8)

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 09, 2017, 02:08:19 pm
That's what it's all about right there!! That's kinda like us at home against Rison in 2014 and at Rison in 2015. Those were two full 4 quarter battles that you hated to see anyone lose. As long as it's a good, clean, and injury free game and both teams leave it all on the field I don't think anyone has anything to hang their heads about

friscokid

It's not as hard to get from Salem to Hector as I thought. Just follow Highway 9 down through Clinton then cut across on 124 to Appleton. Still a good drive but a fairly straight shot.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: friscokid on November 09, 2017, 08:00:37 pm
It's not as hard to get from Salem to Hector as I thought. Just follow Highway 9 down through Clinton then cut across on 124 to Appleton. Still a good drive but a fairly straight shot.
Just watch for deer to and from the game!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: friscokid on November 09, 2017, 08:00:37 pm

124 doesn't go to Clinton Though 😉

Wildcatalumni21

It's Gameday!!!! Safe travels to the Salem team, cheerleaders, band, and fans!! Hope y'all will enjoy and be impressed with the atmosphere that y'alls boys and y'all will get to be apart of!! Go Wildcats!!!!

HorseFeathers

November 10, 2017, 03:49:23 pm #61 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:56:40 pm by HorseFeathers
Live stream link

friscokid

HorseFeathers

Quote from: friscokid on November 10, 2017, 04:22:23 pm
Good stuff! Is there a PXP feed or just video?

Should have commentary etc not sure who's doing it this year though

HorseFeathers

Salem needs to keep feeding the turner kid....he's having his way with the defense so far...

Greyhound#1

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 10, 2017, 07:33:25 pm
Salem needs to keep feeding the turner kid....he's having his way with the defense so far...

Turner is our workhorse

HorseFeathers

November 10, 2017, 08:29:36 pm #66 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:35:39 pm by HorseFeathers
Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2017, 08:26:16 pm
Turner is our workhorse

And Hector has NO answer for him...

HorseFeathers

Wildcatalumni21

Salem just wants it more!! Hector is flat and has no energy!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 10, 2017, 08:39:40 pm
Salem just wants it more!! Hector is flat and has no energy!

Completely agreed

Greyhound#1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2017, 08:45:08 pm
A lot time left

I think Hector's only stopped salem offense 1x tonight tho

Greyhound#1

We have ourselves a ballgame folks

bdubyab60

HorseFeathers

Donnie Jamon

Greyhound#1

Greyhound#1

Are u kidding ball skipped across the ground

HorseFeathers

Congrats to the greyhounds...hard fought win.

bdubyab60

Well from the results I've seen the 3 doesn't look that bad. Congrats hounds

Dogg

Wildcatalumni21

Congrats to Salem on a hard fought win!! Good luck the rest of the way! But I will say that if your fans can't handle winning any better than they showed tonight then I'd be ashamed!! Also #20 should've have been flagged and ejected on 3 different occasions! But #8 is the real deal and gave us problems all night!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 10, 2017, 10:02:27 pm
Congrats to Salem on a hard fought win!! Good luck the rest of the way! But I will say that if your fans can't handle winning any better than they showed tonight then I'd be ashamed!! Also #20 should've have been flagged and ejected on 3 different occasions! But #8 is the real deal and gave us problems all night!

Think it was just the one or two. Kinda makes a person sad to see grown men mouthing at "kids".... Bad apples in every bunch though...

Congrats again to Salem...good luck the rest of the way, and have a safe trip home!

Dogg

They were just excited from a #5 knocking off a #1 seed. Congrats to the Hounds!!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 10, 2017, 10:06:30 pm
Think it was just the one or two. Kinda makes a person sad to see grown men mouthing at "kids".... Bad apples in every bunch though...

Congrats again to Salem...good luck the rest of the way, and have a safe trip home!

Sorry about that.... those 2 always like that.  The rest were just trying to go meet the team

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2017, 10:18:45 pm
Sorry about that.... those 2 always like that.  The rest were just trying to go meet the team

Like I said Bad Apples in every bunch....Nothing wrong with celebrating an upset win with your team.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 10, 2017, 10:02:27 pm

Easy now... both teams were chatting.  It's football

wiseguy

Salem just outplayed Hector tonight! They came to play and It looked like Hector let their guard down. I would have liked to see #22 run the ball for Hector a little more ??? Anyway congrats Salem and safe travels home. Good luck the rest of the way.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Dogg on November 10, 2017, 10:07:28 pm
They were just excited from a #5 knocking off a #1 seed. Congrats to the Hounds!!
I'm fine with being excited but when you run on to the field drunk and get in the faces of 2 players and rubbing it in and put your hands one one of them, there's absolutely no place for that!!

Greyhound#1

Great atmosphere by the way.  Great host of playoff game. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2017, 10:23:43 pm
Great atmosphere by the way.  Great host of playoff game.
Thank you sir, glad y'all enjoyed it!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 10, 2017, 10:22:28 pm
I'm fine with being excited but when you run on to the field drunk and get in the faces of 2 players and rubbing it in and put your hands one one of them, there's absolutely no place for that!!

I'm not sure that's exactly what happen but it over now.  I know they were saying something put I didn't see any physical contact. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 10, 2017, 10:26:50 pm
I'm not sure that's exactly what happen but it over now.  I know they were saying something put I didn't see any physical contact.
Can ask your principal and resource officer. He chest bumped and pushed one of the players in the chest

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 10, 2017, 10:28:21 pm
Can ask your principal and resource officer. He chest bumped and pushed one of the players in the chest

I wouldn't put it past them now... so I'm not gonna defend that. 

Donnie Jamon

We use to get into it alot with Salem fans. They get a little cocky. Big win for them tho. They usually play hard

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 10, 2017, 10:40:40 pm
We use to get into it alot with Salem fans. They get a little cocky. Big win for them tho. They usually play hard

Not me ;D

Rida4Life

Big win for Salem.  I did. It see this one coming!

HorseFeathers

As far as seeing it coming....I texted a buddy of mine at halftime "Hector's in trouble".... Salem came in with the we've got nothing to lose mentality ...and Hector came out about as flat as you can on defense...offense was clicking until halftime. Can't give up 21 straight in the 3rd quarter and win ballgames against good teams...

Greyhound#1

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 11, 2017, 11:34:01 am
As far as seeing it coming....I texted a buddy of mine at halftime "Hector's in trouble".... Salem came in with the we've got nothing to lose mentality ...and Hector came out about as flat as you can on defense...offense was clicking until halftime. Can't give up 21 straight in the 3rd quarter and win ballgames against good teams...

They didn't give in though.....they battled to the end.  We had two weeks to prep and get healthy.  Last night was the first time we ran the wildcat all year.  So we prob caught your coaches off guard there.  That's gives you a extra blocker at the point of attack.  Y'all were gashing us up the middle in the first half,  I couldn't believe y'all went away from that. 

wiseguy

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 11, 2017, 12:33:25 pm
They didn't give in though.....they battled to the end.  We had two weeks to prep and get healthy.  Last night was the first time we ran the wildcat all year.  So we prob caught your coaches off guard there.  That's gives you a extra blocker at the point of attack.  Y'all were gashing us up the middle in the first half,  I couldn't believe y'all went away from that.
Had a Bielema moment 8)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas