• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Billy Dawson @FHS??

Started by bigfootelk14, October 18, 2017, 11:13:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfootelk14

How do people feel overall with his record at Fayetteville and could he lead this purple dog team to a state championship?? Thoughts??

High Voltage

He will get it right, maybe not this year but look out for the next few.

PrivateLesson

He's one of the best coaches in the state.  Period.    All of his teams look like college teams after a short period of time.  If he has talent, the kids buy in and community, school support....take it to the bank.  Done deal. 

scrapdig

Great coach.  I've heard the talent is way down at Fayetteville???

beaverfan007

bigfootelk14

Quote from: scrapdig on October 18, 2017, 02:32:26 pm

Coach Dawson got rid of a few long time members of that Fayetteville coaching staff and hired on his own group of guys and changed everything up is what I have heard

PrivateLesson

Quote from: bigfootelk14 on October 18, 2017, 04:57:56 pm
Coach Dawson got rid of a few long time members of that Fayetteville coaching staff and hired on his own group of guys and changed everything up is what I have heard

Is that not the change you expected?

Lumberjackfan1978

Dawson gets it done maybe not this year but he will the next several years one of the best coaches in the state

hogsanddogs

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 18, 2017, 09:43:54 pm
Dawson gets it done maybe not this year but he will the next several years one of the best coaches in the state
[/quote
Even good coaches need a year or two to get things rolling.

tj1987

Quote from: scrapdig on October 18, 2017, 02:32:26 pm
The talent is young.  Last year 90% of the team were senior starters that were a part of 3 trips to the finals and 2 state titles that finished 20th in the country.  This year the team is dominated by juniors that only played part time last year and are first year starters. That combined with 3 different coaches in 3 years and a completely new system means some growing pains.  However they lost by one to undefeated Bryant in overtime (despite being up 31-14 early in the 4th Q)  unfortunately dropping the game wining conversion in the end zone. Lost by one to a loaded Bishop Dunne team from Dallas in overtime on a blocked extra point.  They have been close but inexperienced. Dont have a great running game and havent defended well in the secondary.  They could be tough down the stretch if they keep improving.

Razorback Red

Well, CBD just pretty much wrapped up the 3-seed tonight, so I would say He's doing great.  FHS is better than folks on here are giving the credit for.  They lost to 4 very good teams.  They will be tough in the playoffs. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 20, 2017, 09:55:03 pm
Well, CBD just pretty much wrapped up the 3-seed tonight, so I would say He's doing great.  FHS is better than folks on here are giving the credit for.  They lost to 4 very good teams.  They will be tough in the playoffs.
+

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas