• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russellville @ Texarkana

Started by Hogman2018, October 14, 2017, 05:10:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

Well, let me give you an example of a blown call.  I was at the Ashdown/Arkadelphia game last Friday night.  A Badger had run the ball around right end to the pole that signifies a first down.  He ran right past the pole about a yard.  The official placed the ball one yard shy of the pole.  I and all the Badger supporters were livid and let those stripped guys know it too!!!  Well after the game and while watching the replay on HUDL, I saw that the chain guy had moved the pole back off the side of the field so the runner wouldn't hit it and injure himself.  So, the official was right!!  It just goes to show that proximity to the play gives the official a better view--a whole lot better that 75 yards away.  He was right, we were wrong.  We are all human, we make mistakes.  As it says in the Bible--Let he who makes no mistakes throw the first flag--or something like that. As long as these guys are calling consistently and impartially, let the games begin.!!!lol

rona

Quote from: PA Dad on October 22, 2017, 11:36:42 am
I absolutely agree.  Officials are human and they make mistakes.  But, I do not believe they intentionally attempt to influence the outcome of a game.  They have a tough job, and for the most part, they do it well.
#1  Fewer and fewer going into Officiating- not worth the abuse!

AHS06

Great win Russellville.  The Hogs came out slow and as you all noticed they got things rolling in the 2nd half.  Even with the 15 penalties totaling over 100 yards, there was no reason for us to be taken into overtime.  You guys played like you wanted/needed the win and you got it.  We came out like the game was just going to be given to us. 

maxswine

October 23, 2017, 04:09:05 pm #53 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:18:04 pm by maxswine
It was 13 to 5 from the stat sheet.  I watched most of the second half.  A couple of pass interferences I think Texarkana got on purpose because they were beat.  It was a smart play by the defender, because the passes were greater than 15 yards. 

The number 2 kid from Texarkana is so good and still got behind everyone even with the game on the line.  He's unreal.

Hogman2018

We had 15 to 3! Russellville declined 3 penalties. Our guy was not beat he was step to step with the receiver

maxswine

Okay. The stat sheet does not show declined penalties.  But Russellville did have 5.  And I tell ya I'm watching it right now and I think it was pass interference.  Doesn't matter because they didn't score on that drive.

AHS06

Quote from: maxswine on October 23, 2017, 07:43:00 pm
Okay. The stat sheet does not show declined penalties.  But Russellville did have 5.  And I tell ya I'm watching it right now and I think it was pass interference.  Doesn't matter because they didn't score on that drive.
So what is your opinion of the pass interference in overtime?

AHS06

Quote from: maxswine on October 23, 2017, 04:09:05 pm
It was 13 to 5 from the stat sheet.  I watched most of the second half.  A couple of pass interferences I think Texarkana got on purpose because they were beat.  It was a smart play by the defender, because the passes were greater than 15 yards. 

The number 2 kid from Texarkana is so good and still got behind everyone even with the game on the line.  He's unreal.
We had 15 penalties for 110 yards.  Our corners were never beat by your WR's.  You have to be kidding yourself if you believe that.  They remained step for step.  And yes #2 is the real deal.  #10 on your team is really good and reliable.

maxswine

Quote from: AHS06 on October 24, 2017, 09:44:49 am
We had 15 penalties for 110 yards.  Our corners were never beat by your WR's.  You have to be kidding yourself if you believe that.  They remained step for step.  And yes #2 is the real deal.  #10 on your team is really good and reliable.

My WR's were not playing Texarkana Friday night.  :)  I was just watching it. 

The one on the final drive the guy was beat and made contact before the ball got there.  The video is online.  I've watched it a few times.  Again, didn't matter.  I still think it was a good play.  It was a 30+ yard pass and the penalty is only 15 yards. 

To AHS06, are you talking about a pass interference that wasn't called?  I went back and watched and I didn't see a pass interference called in overtime.  I may be misunderstanding.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas