• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caezar Warren season highlights (so far)

Started by RyanLR, October 12, 2017, 07:40:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6632405/59c920f50dc0770d14435dfd

Kid has been an absolute beast so far this year. I don't know if he has any major offers but somebody needs to give this man a scholarship.

scrapman

October 12, 2017, 07:48:12 am #1 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:50:11 am by scrapman

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: scrapman on October 12, 2017, 07:48:12 am
Sounds like no grades.
www.seccountry.com/arkansas/ceazar-warren/amp

Per the link you provided, his previous school is responsible for his lack of credits.  What was his previous school?

RyanLR

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 12, 2017, 07:57:19 am
Per the link you provided, his previous school is responsible for his lack of credits.  What was his previous school?
Hall High.

scrapman

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 12, 2017, 07:57:19 am
HALL I believe. I get them confused.

SUGARTOWN

scrapman

sevenof400

Just as a reminder, let's be very cautious when discussing a student's grades.  I realize the reference was posted on another media site but for the sake of all involved, let's be careful out there.   

youhavenoidea

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 12, 2017, 08:47:52 am
Actually it says grades aren't the problem.
Correct it says credits, which if he is a senior and doesn't have necessary credits for D1 or D2 college (http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/core-courses ) what courses has he passed to be eligible to play?  I believe a student is required to have a 2.0 GPA in core classes ( English, math, science, social studies) to be eligible the following semester. I'm sure he's fine but seems odd that he wouldn't have the needed credits by senior year, because then what classes were counted for eligibilty?

AirWarren

That's the problem with transferring. Some credits doesn't transfer to other schools based off curriculum.

Same thing happened to a star 2A player last year. He transferred to another 2a school but that was not his first choice from what I'm told. His credits didn't transfer to his first choice School and he wouldn't have graduated.

STUNNA

Goose0

Quote from: youhavenoidea on October 12, 2017, 09:30:33 am
Correct it says credits, which if he is a senior and doesn't have necessary credits for D1 or D2 college (http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/core-courses ) what courses has he passed to be eligible to play?  I believe a student is required to have a 2.0 GPA in core classes ( English, math, science, social studies) to be eligible the following semester. I'm sure he's fine but seems odd that he wouldn't have the needed credits by senior year, because then what classes were counted for eligibilty?

Not saying this is the problem but I do know that some eligibility rules changed this year and could effect him playing.  Warren is a great athlete and I am sure his coaches will get him where he needs to go to succeed in his football career.

youhavenoidea

October 12, 2017, 10:25:18 am #13 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:27:05 am by youhavenoidea
I guess I misreading and saying this wrong.  If he's going to college he needs the 16 core credit hours to be eligible plus a GPA that is to that Divisions expectations( 2.3 for D1).  So I was saying how does he not have those classes already if he's a senior.  A kid like this must have known before his senior year he was going to college, I mean he did transfer to another school to do this.

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on October 12, 2017, 09:33:25 am
That's the problem with transferring. Some credits doesn't transfer to other schools based off curriculum.

Same thing happened to a star 2A player last year. He transferred to another 2a school but that was not his first choice from what I'm told. His credits didn't transfer to his first choice School and he wouldn't have graduated.
This same thing happened to me when I transferred from Subiaco to Robinson in 10th grade. I took Latin and Western Civ which Robinson didn't give me credit for so I ended up having to make up some credits in summer school.

Goose0

You would be surprised at how many students credits gets messed up because up to date accurate records are not kept especially transferring from school to school.

scrapman

It just depends on if the NCAA takes the class or not. The school you transferred to may not accept the class and it may affect your graduation, but if the NCAA accepts the class and it's on their accepted classes list it should be no problem. Along with the 16 core courses, 10 of them have to be completed before your senior year starts. You cannot have eight going into your senior year and then another eight your senior year to get it done.

scrapman

There is also the ever so deadly ACT which no one is talking about

youhavenoidea

Well the article said credits, so I think ACT/SAT is least of worries. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas