• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 - Nashville vs Ashdown

Started by ~WPS~, October 08, 2017, 10:26:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurfan

blegit

Why are they heartless because they lost a game

SCRAPYARD

fearlessfriday1

Nashville game was awesome. Thought about moving my kid over there. Just might after this showing!

polksalet

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

I wanted to come on and make sure I ate my crow following last week's win by the Scrappers.  I admit I bought into two things that I shouldn't have: Nashville being "down" and Ashdown having some coaching ability.

While this isn't the protypical Nashville team, admittedly, they're still good and deserve credit.  Their defense is still suspect and I think even Scrapper fans will agree with you on that.  Overall, they aren't as talented as teams of the past but they still represent well and were the aggressor all night Friday night, even when they were down.  I credit the coaches and the kids for sticking to the gameplan, capitalizing on the opportunities given to them by Ashdown and making the plays that had to be made.  They EARNED that win.  Were there some less than favorable calls, oh yeah, again, I think even Nashville fans would have a hard time arguing that there weren't some big ones against Ashdown, but regardless, they kept to the plan, kept grinding and walked out with a huge win for the program as I felt they were kind of at a crossroads for the season.

Ashdown, I don't know what to tell you--that was painful to watch.  The coaching staff needs to do some serious reevaluating because I still cannot figure out why you couldn't tell what everyone else on this board could: use the talent you have to your advantage.  I mean, Robinson has no problem putting their best athlete at QB and running the dog out of him, heck, even the Lumberjacks do that with Burks--WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THE SAME!  They had no answer for Bishop, none and yet his touches diminished in the 2nd half.  WHY!?  Oh well, Nashville posters kept trying to tell me all week long and I wouldn't listen but they were 100% correct.  Push Ashdown to the brink and they'll find a way to lose the game, and low and behold, they did exactly that.  That's not on the players, that's on the coaches.  That loss will stay with them for a while and it should.  The bigger picture is that they're more than likely going to lose the next 2 games as well, so dropping from a tie for 1st in the league at 6-0, to limping into the 4th seed at 7-3.  It's all but a reality now.

Again, I give credit where credit is due.  Proud of Nashville and the Scrappers for proving me wrong.  I promise I'll listen going forward.  The one thing I can say after watching the game Friday night is that neither team, in my opinion, are on the level this season to compete for the title.  In comparison, Warren would have its way with either of these teams in their current state.  I think both are good teams and would likely contend for conference titles in a few of our other 4A conferences but they're not in that upper echelon of teams this season.  Good win Scrappers, better luck next time Panthers.

Neckred

Quote from: fearlessfriday1 on October 14, 2017, 08:15:49 pm
Nashville game was awesome. Thought about moving my kid over there. Just might after this showing!
Why both Nashville and Ashdown will be down next year?

ResidentOfTheVILL

cant wait for those words to kick you in the pants the junior high is beastly

ABC™

Nashville will not be down next year or anytime in the near future.

OLDSCHOOL82

True that ABC.  I mean they are 1000-0-1 in jr high on the last 101 years. 

polksalet

Our 9-10th grade classes are as good as any classes we've had back to back.

Nacho

Quote from: ABC™ on October 16, 2017, 05:04:43 pm

then why are they down this year? All of these kids are a part of that streak in jr. high, right?

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Nacho on October 17, 2017, 09:06:51 am
then why are they down this year? All of these kids are a part of that streak in jr. high, right?
[/quot
Who said we are down?

Nacho

SCRAPYARD

Nacho

I think I'm going to stick with Dequeen  ;D ;D

but in all seriousness. Dequeen. I'm kidding.

Neckred

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 16, 2017, 03:37:23 pm
cant wait for those words to kick you in the pants the junior high is beastly
The junior high has been beastly the last few years.  Junior High a lot of times doesn't translate to Sr. High. 

Neckred

Quote from: ABC™ on October 16, 2017, 05:04:43 pm
That's what they told me last year.....

Neckred

Nashville will not beat Arkadelphia anytime soon....

ResidentOfTheVILL

Quote from: polksalet on October 16, 2017, 07:16:58 pm
Our 9-10th grade classes are as good as any classes we've had back to back.
Actually 8th 9th 10th but who's counting  ;D ;D

Nacho

Quote from: Neckred on October 17, 2017, 02:34:32 pm

+1 from a Badger fan

ResidentOfTheVILL

Say what you want  fact of the matter is we had our chances to win the Arkie Game We didn't get it done true enuff
and yes this is football not horseshoes nor  hand grenades so close  is just that  but to make a stand that we aren't able to beat Arkie is  about as false as the statement that we will be down for the next few years.

Neckred

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 17, 2017, 02:49:23 pm
Say what you want  fact of the matter is we had our chances to win the Arkie Game We didn't get it done true enuff
and yes this is football not horseshoes nor  hand grenades so close  is just that  but to make a stand that we aren't able to beat Arkie is  about as false as the statement that we will be down for the next few years.
Nashville loses a LOT more players than Arky does.  And when I say down I mean down for Nashville's standards.  I said before the year you have no prayer to win a state title and I was right.  No prayer next year either.  No Hopkins and Adcocks walking around....

ResidentOfTheVILL

then you haven't looked close enuff

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Neckred on October 17, 2017, 02:34:32 pm
Arkadelphia should be worried about Ashdown this week, start an arky vs Ashdown thread.
Fwiw I bet Ashdown wins Friday night.

Nacho

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on October 17, 2017, 03:33:23 pm
Arkadelphia should be worried about Ashdown this week, start an arky vs Ashdown thread.
Fwiw I bet Ashdown wins Friday night.

So when the Badgers beat Ashdown on Friday can we count you as a fan. Could always use one more ;D 8)

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Nacho on October 17, 2017, 03:41:03 pm
So when the Badgers beat Ashdown on Friday can we count you as a fan. Could always use one more ;D 8)
I like the band!

ResidentOfTheVILL

ABC™

I want to go back to the days when Arkadelphia's band was better than the football team.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: ABC™ on October 17, 2017, 03:55:39 pm
I want to go back to the days when Arkadelphia's band was better than the football team.
Nacho plays the flute very well.

Nacho

scrapman

Quote from: Neckred on October 17, 2017, 02:52:34 pm
Nashville loses a LOT more players than Arky does.  And when I say down I mean down for Nashville's standards.  I said before the year you have no prayer to win a state title and I was right.  No prayer next year either.  No Hopkins and Adcocks walking around....
So the 2 9th grade tackles that are bigger than Adcock was in the 10 grade don't count?

ResidentOfTheVILL

9th Grade Qb is truck you must have never seen him run the ball and and add stuarts speed  pssht

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: ResidentOfTheVILL on October 17, 2017, 04:45:26 pm
9th Grade Qb is truck you must have never seen him run the ball and and add stuarts speed  pssht
And Stuart is not the fastest one in the team

ResidentOfTheVILL

Neckred

Quote from: scrapman on October 17, 2017, 04:12:29 pm
So the 2 9th grade tackles that are bigger than Adcock was in the 10 grade don't count?
Doesn't matter how big you are in 9th grade.  That is part of my point.  Nashville's undefeated streak isn't translating to HS

ABC™

Quote from: Neckred on October 18, 2017, 10:21:19 am
Doesn't matter how big you are in 9th grade.  That is part of my point.  Nashville's undefeated streak isn't translating to HS
Actually it is. Except for one instance (Arkadelphia this year), every team that we have beaten in 9th grade over the last 7 years we have also beaten in high school in the corresponding year(s).  We have lost to teams that we don't play in Jr High: Pea Ridge, Robinson, Dardanelle, De Queen.

Of course high school is a compilation of 3 grades, instead of pretty much 1 grade in Jr High.  Nashville's current seniors played a lot of close games when they were 9th graders.  There's a lot of variables that can effect things over the years.  I know there are a few 10th graders not playing this year that could contribute. Expect to see them back out next year. 

scrapman

This is true...and if Joe T played we would give it to them too. They don't get any players until sr year.

Nacho

Quote from: scrapman on October 18, 2017, 11:42:13 am
This is true...and if Joe T played we would give it to them too. They don't get any players until sr year.

+1

scrapdig

ABC we actually played this DeQueen group first game of the year in junior high in a scrimmage and beat them by 40.  I do think Nashville will be about the same next year.  We are losing quite a bit but some good athletes coming up.  I could see us being a little worse or a little better.  You can't compare the junior high lineman to Adcock.  THe one junior high lineman we have that is a beast is full grown and Adcock was immature as a freshman.   It's very concerning to me a few good players didn't play this year and the best player in the entire junior high(an 8th grader) isn't playing.  You just never know how junior high players are gonna develop.  Like the 8th grade goup this year.   They have a couple of big playmakers but they are actually small for as physically mature as they are.  Remember it's always a lot easier dominating 7th and 8th grade if you are shaving....

scrapman

Dang...i didn't know you could tell if a kid was done growing or not.

SUGARTOWN

Uh, I don't think so. Joe T. would curb stop Nashville in Jr. High this year.

scrapman

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 18, 2017, 12:44:05 pm
Uh, I don't think so. Joe T. would curb stop Nashville in Jr. High this year.
Not going to turn this into a Jr high thread but the varsity couldn't curb stomp us even with their 15 transfers.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on October 18, 2017, 12:56:21 pm
Not going to turn this into a Jr high thread but the varsity couldn't curb stomp us even with their 15 transfers.

I'll repeat it for the slow ones, curb stomped.

AirWarren

Didn't y'all get two Hope transfers this year who are seniors?

scrapdig

Quote from: scrapman on October 18, 2017, 12:40:02 pm
Dang...i didn't know you could tell if a kid was done growing or not.
Its very simple.  If they can grow a beard they are done.  It's not rocket science buddy

Neckred

Haha this is so true.  Should have seperate jh leagues.  One league with players with pit hair one other one without.

scrapman

October 18, 2017, 01:31:38 pm #248 Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:36:55 pm by scrapman
Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2017, 01:02:42 pm
Didn't y'all get two Hope transfers this year who are seniors?
I believe one was last year. And?
Watch what's about to happen. Probably more where that came from. AAA won't do anything so they have opened the gate. Heard Chesshir has been talking to his Louisiana people and V has reached out to Mississippi and Texas. I know the AAA wont check on a out of state kid. Graham said we have coaches openings for coaches with kids that can play.

scrapman

Quote from: scrapdig on October 18, 2017, 01:07:24 pm
Its very simple.  If they can grow a beard they are done.  It's not rocket science buddy
Sorry buddy, I'm not into watching hair growth of 14 year old boys. My bad.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas