• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten--Week 5

Started by Mike Bonds, September 25, 2017, 12:21:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Arkadelphia
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Warren
5.  Joe T. Robinson
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Shiloh Christian
8.  Booneville
9.  Prairie Grove
10.  Nashville

Gray lizard

I have seen Dardanelle and Shiloh play this year and would put them ahead of Dardanelle and maybe Booneville. Ozark may be in the mix.  I would of dropped Nashville out.
Dardanelle is a very good team, but still unsure of secondary play against a spread team with talent at skill positions.

Still no NE presence in the poll.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 25, 2017, 01:14:39 pm
I have seen Dardanelle and Shiloh play this year and would put them ahead of Dardanelle and maybe Booneville. Ozark may be in the mix.  I would of dropped Nashville out.
Dardanelle is a very good team, but still unsure of secondary play against a spread team with talent at skill positions.

Still no NE presence in the poll.

Nashville played well in a loss to the #1 team.

I almost put Trumann in at #10, but I think Nashville would beat them in a head-to-head matchup.  Batesville Southside and Riverview were also closely considered.  Normally, Southside's win over Stuttgart would be pretty consequential, but the Ricebirds' only win is over DeWitt.  Stuttgart has played a very strong schedule thus far, though.

gold45

Booneville and Dardanelle should be switched for sure.

3 Dollar

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 25, 2017, 12:21:44 pm
1.  Arkadelphia
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Warren
5.  Joe T. Robinson
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Shiloh Christian
8.  Booneville
9.  Prairie Grove
10.  Nashville

Let's compare yours to my 4A top ten:

1...Arkadelphia
2...Pea Ridge
3...Ashdown
4...Shiloh Christian
5...Prairie Grove
6...Joe T. Robinson
7...Warren
8...Booneville
9...Nashville
10..Riverview

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: 3 Dollar on September 26, 2017, 06:33:28 am
Let's compare yours to my 4A top ten:

1...Arkadelphia
2...Pea Ridge
3...Ashdown
4...Shiloh Christian
5...Prairie Grove
6...Joe T. Robinson
7...Warren
8...Booneville
9...Nashville
10..Riverview

Yeah.....ummmm......I'll go with Mike Bonds over...whatever this is.  When I saw Shiloh at #4 I stopped reading.  Stop drinking the 1-4A lemonade my friend.  Conference is good, but not 3 teams in the Top 5 good man. 

Also, Warren at #7 is laughable.  Even with a defunct offense (that looked better last week) there aren't 5 teams in 4A better than Warren right now.  Forget about it.  I'll say Arkadelphia, Robinson and.....maybe an Ashdown or Pea Ridge, but heck, that'd be a stretch for me to even say that.  Warren, by play-off time, will have everything figured out and it looks like the Jacks will have to re-introduce themselves to the rest of class 4A.

-Kyle

FootBallar21

I don't really like any of these , so  here is how I have it thru 4 weeks :

1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Dardanelle
6.  Shiloh Christain
7.  Nashville
8.  Warren
9.  Booneville
10. Prairie Grove

3 Dollar

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 26, 2017, 08:34:26 am
Yeah.....ummmm......I'll go with Mike Bonds over...whatever this is.  When I saw Shiloh at #4 I stopped reading.  Stop drinking the 1-4A lemonade my friend.  Conference is good, but not 3 teams in the Top 5 good man. 

Also, Warren at #7 is laughable.  Even with a defunct offense (that looked better last week) there aren't 5 teams in 4A better than Warren right now.  Forget about it.  I'll say Arkadelphia, Robinson and.....maybe an Ashdown or Pea Ridge, but heck, that'd be a stretch for me to even say that.  Warren, by play-off time, will have everything figured out and it looks like the Jacks will have to re-introduce themselves to the rest of class 4A.

-Kyle

If you don't mind, I'd like to save your post for further reference.....I mean a "See I told you so!"

Mike Bonds

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 26, 2017, 09:04:23 am
I don't really like any of these , so  here is how I have it thru 4 weeks :

1.  Joe T. Robinson
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Dardanelle
6.  Shiloh Christain
7.  Nashville
8.  Warren
9.  Booneville
10. Prairie Grove

Robinson could well be on top of this thing when it's all over.  They're very good.

OLDSCHOOL82

September 26, 2017, 09:59:27 am #9 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:31:57 am by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 25, 2017, 12:21:44 pm
1.  Arkadelphia
2.  Ashdown
3.  Pea Ridge
4.  Warren
5.  Joe T. Robinson
6.  Dardanelle
7.  Shiloh Christian
8.  Booneville
9.  Prairie Grove
10.  Nashville

Its a crap shoot to figure this out as the season goes along.  My take on all.
Arky at 1.  Can they actually play to their potential and win games when it matters?
Ashdown at 2.  See previous.
Ridge at 3.  Yea Booneville lost to them but Booneville is the better team.  Neither should be in the three spot yet.  And, now ill catch the rath of them!!
Warren at 4.  Possibly.  Lots of talent.  Can they get rolling in dominant fashion?
Joe T at 5. Same as 1 and 2.
Dardy at 6.  At most in the 10 hole if not lower.
Shiloh at 7.  Unsure of the other 1-4a so not a bad spot.
Booneville in 8.  Fair assessment.  All depends on if our boys will play every snap and finish games.
PG in 9.  They should be above all 1-4A until they lose to them.  Based on history.
Nash in the 10 hole.  Probably accurate.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 26, 2017, 09:52:06 am
Robinson could well be on top of this thing when it's all over.  They're very good.

We'll find out about them these next 2 weeks.

$aintMaximu$

I don't get most saying Shiloh is better tan PG or PR...  Shiloh is down over last year and both running back are hurt.  They playing well but don't get the rationale...

prHOG13

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 26, 2017, 09:59:27 am
Its a crap shoot to figure this out as the season goes along.  My take on all.
Arky at 1.  Can they actually play to their potential and win games when it matters?
Ashdown at 2.  See previous.
Ridge at 3.  Yea Booneville lost to them but Booneville is the better team.  Neither should be in the three spot yet.  And, now ill catch the rath of them!!
Warren at 4.  Possibly.  Lots of talent.  Can they get rolling in dominant fashion?
Joe T at 5. Same as 1 and 2.
Dardy at 6.  At most in the 10 hole if not lower.
Shiloh at 7.  Unsure of the other 1-4a so not a bad spot.
Booneville in 8.  Fair assessment.  All depends on if our boys will play every snap and finish games.
PG in 9.  They should be above all 1-4A until they lose to them.  Based on history.
Nash in the 10 hole.  Probably accurate.
Booneville is one dimensional and lost by 10 in their own house to a team playing on 3 days rest, and they're the better team? Interesting conclusion

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

September 26, 2017, 12:21:28 pm #13 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:23:54 pm by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
Quote from: 3 Dollar on September 26, 2017, 09:25:51 am
If you don't mind, I'd like to save your post for further reference.....I mean a "See I told you so!"

Please do, won't hurt my feelings.  I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong at seasons end.  Question is, are you?

I agree that Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove and Shiloh are all GOOD teams, heck, I'll even concede that PG and PR would likely fall into the GREAT category this year, but I stand by my statement that all three of those shouldn't be in the Top 5 and absolutely shouldn't all be ranked ahead of Warren. 

As the season dwindles down, I think you'll see two 7-4A schools left in the semis, you'll have a 1-4A team and Warren.  How it goes from there, anyone's guess, but that's mine.  I think the strongest conference in class 4A right now is the 7-4A, second strongest is the 1-4A and then you have a whole lotta mediocrity from that point with some really good TEAMS (Warren, Booneville, Dardanelle, etc.).  I've said it already this year, the 8-4A is absolutely dreadful, the worst I've seen it in a decade but that doesn't mean Warren is bad.  There are definitely cons to the 8-4A being down for Warren, less competition, won't be tested until 2nd round of the play-offs, those two come to mind for sure.  There are also a lot of pros to it though that many on here are just conveniently over-looking such as the fact Warren has 6 weeks to streamline their offense, work out the kinks and round into top caliber form by the play-offs, not to mention that we should stay healthy and heck, might even be well rested by the play-offs because our starters shouldn't have to play past the first or second drive in the 3rd quarter in almost every conference game.  This makes for a dangerous combination for the rest of class 4A to have a humming, well rested and healthy Lumberjacks squad rolling into the play-offs.  Not to mention one of the best defensive units in the entire classification. 

But yeah, save my post and if I'm wrong you can wave it in my face and I'll tell you "ok, well done, you got me" at the end of the season. 

AirWarren

Man. It is good to have flap jack back consistently.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2017, 12:52:31 pm
Man. It is good to have flap jack back consistently.

Agree.  It's like everything old is new again!

LJ06

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 26, 2017, 12:21:28 pm
Please do, won't hurt my feelings.  I'm man enough to admit if I'm wrong at seasons end.  Question is, are you?

I agree that Pea Ridge, Prairie Grove and Shiloh are all GOOD teams, heck, I'll even concede that PG and PR would likely fall into the GREAT category this year, but I stand by my statement that all three of those shouldn't be in the Top 5 and absolutely shouldn't all be ranked ahead of Warren. 

As the season dwindles down, I think you'll see two 7-4A schools left in the semis, you'll have a 1-4A team and Warren.  How it goes from there, anyone's guess, but that's mine.  I think the strongest conference in class 4A right now is the 7-4A, second strongest is the 1-4A and then you have a whole lotta mediocrity from that point with some really good TEAMS (Warren, Booneville, Dardanelle, etc.).  I've said it already this year, the 8-4A is absolutely dreadful, the worst I've seen it in a decade but that doesn't mean Warren is bad.  There are definitely cons to the 8-4A being down for Warren, less competition, won't be tested until 2nd round of the play-offs, those two come to mind for sure.  There are also a lot of pros to it though that many on here are just conveniently over-looking such as the fact Warren has 6 weeks to streamline their offense, work out the kinks and round into top caliber form by the play-offs, not to mention that we should stay healthy and heck, might even be well rested by the play-offs because our starters shouldn't have to play past the first or second drive in the 3rd quarter in almost every conference game.  This makes for a dangerous combination for the rest of class 4A to have a humming, well rested and healthy Lumberjacks squad rolling into the play-offs.  Not to mention one of the best defensive units in the entire classification. 

But yeah, save my post and if I'm wrong you can wave it in my face and I'll tell you "ok, well done, you got me" at the end of the season. 

Another great reason for us playing stiffer non conference competition is to help us in years when the conference is weak. We will still see that better competition.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 26, 2017, 12:53:35 pm
Agree.  It's like everything old is new again!

You can take the lumberjack out of warren....but you can't take the orange and black out of the blood.

FootBallar21

Yeah lots of things will be decided in the next few weeks.   I personally think there is 3 elite teams in the 7-4A and that doesn't include Nashville.  I think any of those 3 could finish 1rst to 3rd in conference and even the 3rd place team in conference could make a run like Mena did a few years back and be playing in Little Rock when it is all said and done.   

AirWarren

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: prHOG13 on September 26, 2017, 12:07:16 pm
Booneville is one dimensional and lost by 10 in their own house to a team playing on 3 days rest, and they're the better team? Interesting conclusion

Very interesting.  We will see how it shakes out in the end.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 26, 2017, 01:38:39 pm
Very interesting.  We will see how it shakes out in the end.

They talk big for no hardware, don't they?

OLDSCHOOL82

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2017, 01:40:13 pm

They just sit and stare all day at their ONE SINGLE conference title trophy they have !!!

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 26, 2017, 01:46:35 pm
They just sit and stare all day at their ONE SINGLE conference title trophy they have !!!

They are like the Hamburg of north Arkansas.

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on September 26, 2017, 01:46:35 pm

They are elite didn't you know?

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2017, 01:47:33 pm
They are like the Hamburg of north Arkansas.

I think we've finally broken tha Burgs back

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2017, 01:54:15 pm
I think we've finally broken tha Burgs back

Three straight years of extreme let down after coming into a game with high hopes.

Hornetzone

Go ahead and add Trumann in the top 10.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2017, 01:40:13 pm
Did I say something you didn't agree with?

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2017, 01:57:11 pm
Three straight years of extreme let down after coming into a game with high hopes.

They aren't coming out of the woodworks this season. Football season is over with. They've got an Armadillo festival to prep for.

bigchief72455

cuckoobird

Go ahead and leave truman out of the top 10. No need and wasting backspaces for someone who won't make it past the first round

bigchief72455

I just look at the top 10 and try to imagine which teams Trumann could beat. I can't see any.

Lizard47

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 26, 2017, 07:41:37 pm
I just look at the top 10 and try to imagine which teams Trumann could beat. I can't see any.
I whole heartedly agree

richboy

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2017, 12:56:19 pm
Another great reason for us playing stiffer non conference competition is to help us in years when the conference is weak. We will sstill see that better competition.
i wish warren kept Pulaski academy on their schedule. I loved seeing them get creamed by pa every year lol

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 08:31:09 pm
i wish warren kept Pulaski academy on their schedule. I loved seeing them get creamed by pa every year lol
At least we would play them no other 4a schools wanted any part of them

LJ06

Helped us in the long run and nobody else in 4A has the kahonas to play them.

richboy

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2017, 08:50:30 pm
Helped us in the long run and nobody else in 4A has the kahonas to play them.
I'm just saying any tough team warren plays and gets creamed by they switch them off their schedule lol (pa, camden, fort Smith Southside, Fayetteville) doesnt look good for a team with the best athletes in the state supposedly.

AirWarren

The bumhurt is strong in this one.

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 09:08:40 pm
I'm just saying any tough team warren plays and gets creamed by they switch them off their schedule lol (pa, camden, fort Smith Southside, Fayetteville) doesnt look good for a team with the best athletes in the state supposedly.

Sheridan is tough huh?

richboy

LJ06

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 09:08:40 pm

You do know we've played PA on and off for 8 out of the past 16 seasons right?

scrapman

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2017, 09:25:12 pm
Who did Warren pick up in place of WC for next year. What is 3 non conference?

richboy

yep and only won twice. Last time warren beat pa was all the way back in 2005

Lizard47

Haters rarely get their facts straight, right dude?

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 09:30:20 pm
yep and only won twice. Last time warren beat pa was all the way back in 2005

Last time arkadelphia won a state title? Lol

richboy

Quote from: STUNNA on September 26, 2017, 09:31:56 pm
Last time arkadelphia won a state title? Lol
Lol! How'd i know you were gonna be the first to say that. Don't get on arky, we talking about warren! 

STUNNA

Quote from: richboy on September 26, 2017, 09:33:14 pm
Lol! How'd i know you were gonna be the first to say that

How'd we all know you would ignore the question?

richboy

Quote from: STUNNA on September 26, 2017, 09:34:09 pm
How'd we all know you would ignore the question?
who's playing better football? 🤘

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas