• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Conference

Started by Williebe147, September 24, 2017, 12:33:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Williebe147

I think MF wins this title with Barton, HA and BK vying for # 2 spot.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 24, 2017, 12:33:31 am
Na, MF will likely be 3rd. BK will be back to back 3A-2 champions. The championship game was 2 days ago.

I think MF wins this title with Barton, HA and BK vying for # 2 spot.

Williebe147

Quote from: FNLsupporter on September 24, 2017, 09:05:59 am

Like I said MF wins title and BK, HA,  And Barton fight for 2nd place/

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 30, 2017, 03:54:53 pm
You are correct, but I now am not so sure BK finishes 2nd or even 3rd. We will see. MF should finish 1st without question.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 30, 2017, 03:54:53 pm
The picture will be much clearer in two weeks. Second place likely goes to the winner of the Barton BK game. Both have already beaten HA. HA will have to beat Mayflower to have a chance to avoid 4th place and will likely end up there anyway.

Williebe147

Quote from: FNLsupporter on September 30, 2017, 06:39:16 pm
You are correct, but I now am not so sure BK finishes 2nd or even 3rd. We will see. MF should finish 1st without question.
Barton holds the 2nd spot it is theirs to lose. BK may get into playoff as #4 if they can handle RB and CR.

Proud Buckaroo

1. Mayflower.
2. Barton.
3. Bald knob.
4. Harding.
5. Rose bud/Cedar Ridge.

beach bum

Is Mayflower possibly the 2nd best team in 3A? I think they might be.... if they were on the opposite side of Prescott I think they would get to the finals.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on October 03, 2017, 04:01:12 pm
Is Mayflower possibly the 2nd best team in 3A? I think they might be.... if they were on the opposite side of Prescott I think they would get to the finals.
Mayflower hasn't really been tested. And they likely won't be until the playoffs, unless something dramatic happens to Harding in the next two weeks. So, nobody really knows how good the Eagles are. They may be able to hold their own against elite teams like Prescott and Junction City.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: beach bum on October 03, 2017, 04:01:12 pm

If they are on the opposite side of Prescott.. They would be on the same side as JC.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2017, 05:02:39 pm
If they are on the opposite side of Prescott.. They would be on the same side as JC.

I wonder if anyone has seen this years Mayflower team and last year's Bald Knob team? Is this Mayflower team better than last year's Bald Knob team? If they aren't they'll exit in the 2nd round or quarterfinals. If they are better they have a shot at the semifinals.

Mr.Bearded

Played them both last year. And mayflower this year. This years Mayflower squad is better offensively thank last years BK team but last years BK team had a better defensive than this years mayflower

Grayte88

Mayflowers offense is alot better than BKs offense a year ago!

beach bum

Thanks for the info guys.... Mayflower definitely popped up as a little bit of a surprise this year so I was not sure.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: beach bum on October 03, 2017, 05:28:21 pm
I wonder if anyone has seen this years Mayflower team and last year's Bald Knob team? Is this Mayflower team better than last year's Bald Knob team? If they aren't they'll exit in the 2nd round or quarterfinals. If they are better they have a shot at the semifinals.
I've seen both, and honestly I think Mayflower has a ton more speed than last year's BK team, but it's very hard to say what team would be better. In all reality, BK beat a lot of the same Mayflower team last year, but that doesn't necessarily mean last year's BK team would beat this year's Mayflower team or vice versa. BK definitely had the best athlete with Gulledge. I think BK's defense had a lot more speed last year and it shows this year. Nobody should underestimate Mayflower this year. I just think, like BK last year, Mayflower doesn't have the strong deep playoff tradition that some of the top 3A programs have. Honestly, last year BK had every chance to beat Centerpoint in the 2nd round, but even if they would've moved on, they would've been blessed with the honor of travelling to Charleston to get half a hundred hung on them and a 3 hour bus ride home!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas