• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Week 5

Started by beach bum, September 23, 2017, 05:28:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Atkins 48 Two Rivers 0 (Atkins cruising near the poll position at the #2 spot right now in this league again)

Cedarville 20 Perryville 13 (very close game last year with similar styles, the winner sits in position to control a playoff berth, and the loser is staring at a steep uphill battle to make it. I will take the home team in this one)

Charleston 42 Paris 13 (if some of Charleston's players return from injury add a score to Charleston and take one away from Paris)

Lamar 21 Mansfield 20 (Mansfield seems to be a little better this year, they may pull a win out here but I just think Lamar is slightly the better team here, like Cedarville and Perryville the loser of this game will have a battle on their hands to make the playoffs sitting at 0-2 in league play after this game)

FBGFDRUM

Which Charleston players are injured? Couldn't make the game friday.

beach bum

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 23, 2017, 06:08:57 pm
Which Charleston players are injured? Couldn't make the game friday.

I saw a few Charleston posters talk about it.... I am not as familiar with the specific players as them but here is a link of the guys they were talking about on another thread... It is towards the bottom of the page                                   

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=152781.50

macadoshis

Atkins wins big.  Charleston wins big, even if they play short handed.  Cedarville keeps getting better every week and gets the win this week.  No one likes making the trip to Mansfield but in a must win game for the Warriors, they find a way to squeak out the win on the road. 

Mr.Bearded

Atkins 55-0 over Two Rivers
Charelston takes care of Paris 42-13
Lamar over Mansfield 20-18
Perryville over cedarville 22-16

beach bum

Quote from: Mr.Bearded on September 24, 2017, 07:08:01 pm
Atkins 55-0 over Two Rivers
Charelston takes care of Paris 42-13
Lamar over Mansfield 20-18
Perryville over cedarville 22-16

Those last two games should be really good ones and decide where teams may swing from possibly 4th place all the way down to 7th depending on who can win some close games as the season goes along starting this week with these last two listed.

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: beach bum on September 24, 2017, 07:53:31 pm
Those last two games should be really good ones and decide where teams may swing from possibly 4th place all the way down to 7th depending on who can win some close games as the season goes along starting this week with these last two listed.
Agreed Bum. I believe 3-7 spots are all up for grabs and until someone other than Charelston or Atkins emerges it could go to anyone

fbhound

Paris could not take any significant injuries when the year began but BANG, many injuries.

When team rosters show 22-25 players in many 3A schools, you can NOT weather the injury storms, especially if those injured are two way starters or your QB or important lineman or D back, etc. Paris has been hit on all fronts. A potentially good year and a playoff spot is in doubt now, but the coaches are trying so hard to keep things together. Playing non-experienced Sophomores is not good.

Charleston has a lot of tradition and most on the team has good experience from playing a lot the last year or two. The Lamar/Mansfield game will be a close one and likely produce the #3 seed and a home playoff game. The "injured teams" in the 4-3A will have a tough go as #4-5 seeds and probably end up with more losses than victories for the year. Tough year for many 2A and 3A schools and even some 4A teams.

papaeagle

Quote from: fbhound on September 26, 2017, 10:45:20 am
Paris could not take any significant injuries when the year began but BANG, many injuries.

When team rosters show 22-25 players in many 3A schools, you can NOT weather the injury storms, especially if those injured are two way starters or your QB or important lineman or D back, etc. Paris has been hit on all fronts. A potentially good year and a playoff spot is in doubt now, but the coaches are trying so hard to keep things together. Playing non-experienced Sophomores is not good.

Charleston has a lot of tradition and most on the team has good experience from playing a lot the last year or two. The Lamar/Mansfield game will be a close one and likely produce the #3 seed and a home playoff game. The "injured teams" in the 4-3A will have a tough go as #4-5 seeds and probably end up with more losses than victories for the year. Tough year for many 2A and 3A schools and even some 4A teams.
SO true and well stated. 1+ ... :-\

Mr.Bearded

I don't know much on Mansfield this season other than what is said on Hooten's. I could see that game producing the 3 seed but I could also see Perryville getting the 3 spot. They have Paris and Lamar at home this season and pushed Lamar last year. Paris is down from last year. And Perryville handled Mansfield easily last year which is an improved team. But Perryville is also better than they were a year ago. They will be tested at cedarville Friday night.

beach bum

September 26, 2017, 01:11:05 pm #10 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:14:22 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Mr.Bearded on September 26, 2017, 01:05:34 pm

I don't know much on Mansfield this season other than what is said on Hooten's. I could see that game producing the 3 seed but I could also see Perryville getting the 3 spot. They have Paris and Lamar at home this season and pushed Lamar last year. Paris is down from last year. And Perryville handled Mansfield easily last year which is an improved team. But Perryville is also better than they were a year ago. They will be tested at cedarville Friday night.

The Perryville vs Cedarville game might end in record time cause the clock will basically never stop.... Both those teams are running it until they are forced to throw. Fumbles or penalties could end up playing an even bigger factor negatively in a game like that if one of them has an off night executing. The thing is both those teams are actually very sound and clean. The time I saw Perryville play they do not beat themselves and are very fundamentally sound, coached well, and play hard doing the best they can with they lack of team speed..... same goes for Cedarville. And I agree Paris is in trouble if those injuries are not just temporary. Then Mansfield lives off of big plays with that speedy WR. I think if Lamar can get him shut down they can beat them.

YC

Unless I've made a mistake (I've double checked and don't think I have) 3rd in conference 4 doesn't get a home game. They go on the road to the 3rd out of conference 1. Should they win that game they most likely will have a long, long, trip to Northeast Arkansas.

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: beach bum on September 26, 2017, 01:11:05 pm
The Perryville vs Cedarville game might end in record time cause the clock will basically never stop.... Both those teams are running it until they are forced to throw. Fumbles or penalties could end up playing an even bigger factor negatively in a game like that if one of them has an off night executing. The thing is both those teams are actually very sound and clean. The time I saw Perryville play they do not beat themselves and are very fundamentally sound, coached well, and play hard..... same goes for Cedarville And I agree Paris is in trouble if those injuries are not just temporary. Then Mansfield lives off of big plays with that speedy WR. I think if he can get him shut down you can beat them.
Perryville has a pretty sound run defense but fumbles have been a killer. I'll be in cedarville Friday night to cheer them on. But I think the Lamar Mansfield game could be a thriller

beach bum

September 26, 2017, 01:15:49 pm #13 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:21:11 pm by beach bum
Quote from: YC on September 26, 2017, 01:13:19 pm
Unless I've made a mistake (I've double checked and don't think I have) 3rd in conference 4 doesn't get a home game. They go on the road to the 3rd out of conference 1. Should they win that game they most likely will have a long, long, trip to Northeast Arkansas.

You are correct... I just peaked and noticed they go up to the 1-3A's team that finishes 3rd. That will most likely be Greenland. Slim chance it is Melbourne if Greenland got upset by them. Even with the middle of the pack in the 4-3A being a little soft that is a game the 4-3A's #3 can win.

Mr.Bearded

just another thought on Perryville in an area they've lacked in recent years. Team speed. RB Lawerence #28 was about all we had last year. This year we've got him back, a WR that came over from basketball in #32 he's the fastest kid on the team. And three sophomores that moved up that are quick and shifty. Overall Perryville is better on team speed than they have been really all around. But I still think they're behind compared to a couple schools in our league. Speed at all positions is what killed us in the loss to Mayflower. Getting a hand on those twins was a nightmare all night

beach bum

September 27, 2017, 01:42:07 pm #15 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:45:08 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Mr.Bearded on September 27, 2017, 09:35:32 am
just another thought on Perryville in an area they've lacked in recent years. Team speed. RB Lawerence #28 was about all we had last year. This year we've got him back, a WR that came over from basketball in #32 he's the fastest kid on the team. And three sophomores that moved up that are quick and shifty. Overall Perryville is better on team speed than they have been really all around. But I still think they're behind compared to a couple schools in our league. Speed at all positions is what killed us in the loss to Mayflower. Getting a hand on those twins was a nightmare all night

#28 was my favorite player the time I saw Perryville play. He gets the hard yards that are an absolute must in that double wing offense and on defense he does not allow the offense to get the edge on their line. He was super hard to block for anyone who went against him.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hootens has four teams ranked within a seven-spot spread

Lamar 27
Paris 28
Mansfield 31
Perryville 33

Who wants it the worst?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: YC on September 26, 2017, 01:13:19 pm

papaeagle

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 28, 2017, 02:16:50 pm

Think that is correct for this year. In the past it has varied but only for conferences with 5 playoff spots. Paris played at home one year as a #3 seed in 4-3A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas