• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A Week 5

Started by beach bum, September 23, 2017, 05:20:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Clinton 42 Green Forest 14
Greenland 48 Yellville Summit 6
Elkins 42 Mountain View 8
Melbourne 40 Marshall 7

beach bum

Pretty vanilla until next week sets up undefeated Melbourne vs Clinton.... I think Clinton will beat Melbourne bad as the only reason Melbourne is undefeated is an extremely weak schedule until this point. We will see though.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 05:20:21 pm
Clinton 42 Green Forest 14
Greenland 48 Yellville Summit 6
Elkins 42 Mountain View 8
Melbourne 40 Marshall 7
Scores sound reasonable. And this time I checked. Only the Clinton-GF score matches last year.

TruthHurts

Is GreenLand the second best team in  1-3A?

TruthHurts

Who has the best chance of knocking off Clinton?

beach bum

Quote from: TruthHurts on September 23, 2017, 06:39:07 pm
Who has the best chance of knocking off Clinton?

Elkins is better than Greenland imo.... Maybe not by a massive margin, but I think they are solidly better. I still am not sure Elkins can beat Clinton though this season. I think that will be a pretty good game Elkins is capable of winning, but I would give the nod to Clinton.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 07:04:06 pm
Elkins is better than Greenland imo.... Maybe not by a massive margin, but I think they are solidly better. I still am not sure Elkins can beat Clinton though this season. I think that will be a pretty good game Elkins is capable of winning, but I would give the nod to Clinton.
it's at Elkins though, right? That could be a good factor for Elkins

beach bum

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 24, 2017, 01:56:07 pm
it's at Elkins though, right? That could be a good factor for Elkins

I pondered that as well. Some of these 1-3A games are longer than playoff games. You never know how a long bus ride and an away atmosphere may play out with two good teams against each other.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: TruthHurts on September 23, 2017, 06:37:44 pm
Is GreenLand the second best team in  1-3A?

Greenland wasn't very good IMO..

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 24, 2017, 02:09:23 pm
Greenland wasn't very good IMO..

The 71 points they gave up against Gentry was the final straw on them being called a good team haha....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 24, 2017, 02:18:26 pm
The 71 points they gave up against Gentry was the final straw on them being called a good team haha....

I even mean offensively...Clinton got pressure on their QB and his accuracy went out the window...they had a little bit of success with the run game, but not much.

On a side note, Greenlands fans were the first fans that I have ever heard heard scream and holler at the refs over a delay of game...

Yellowjacket$$$

yellowjacket speed to much for the pirates.. did like the passes in first half for Clinton taking what the defense gave them .. it will take more of that to beat Elkins they have an excellent coaching staff

Made

CoolBreeze

Greenland's surprising loss to Y-S throws predictions as to how teams finish in the conference into disarray. Looks to me like it's Clinton, Elkins, Melbourne, and Lord-only-knows.

Made

When is week 6 coming out?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Made on October 02, 2017, 06:26:24 pm
When is week 6 coming out?

Probably a little after 8:30pm. It's been coming out later this year.

Proud Buckaroo

October 02, 2017, 06:56:45 pm #16 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:13:27 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 30, 2017, 06:58:53 pm
Greenland's surprising loss to Y-S throws predictions as to how teams finish in the conference into disarray. Looks to me like it's Clinton, Elkins, Melbourne, and Lord-only-knows.

I think Clinton and Melbourne play for the conference. Maybe Greenland doesn't make the playoffs. 

Clinton.
Melbourne.
Elkins.
Yellville
Green Forest/Greenland?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas