• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Central???

Started by Jimmy1995, September 23, 2017, 11:47:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy1995

Might be the strongest conference again this year.... what do you guys think??

Maynard G Krebs

September 23, 2017, 11:48:21 am #1 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:52:50 am by Maynard G Krebs
Agree..

PA is strong and the favorite.  Parkview with new coach and attitude is much improved and competitive.  McClellan continues to be a contender and LRC is playing very well. 

MDXPHD

Jimmy, is McClellan the top team in the state?

Jimmy1995

Haha No Sir , but were at least in the top 5 in the 5A
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2017, 01:38:59 pm
Jimmy, is McClellan the top team in the state?

MDXPHD

I agree with that. The central 2-4 seeding will make for an interesting playoff scenario

Jimmy1995

It will. This year is going to be a crazy one !

Overdahill

Gotta feel for Beebe: Wynne, LRC, PA, Parkview,McClellan in successive weeks. Ouch!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on September 23, 2017, 05:33:45 pm
Gotta feel for Beebe: Wynne, LRC, PA, Parkview,McClellan in successive weeks. Ouch!

Thing is, if they just win one of those last 4 they're possibly looking at a playoff spot.

redsport27

The central is a freight train...that no one wants a piece of at the moment.

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on September 23, 2017, 05:33:45 pm

How about Parkview?  I think Bolding is doing some good work there.

JessieP

It's the perfect storm. The Central is better then anyone expected before the season started. The East is down far more then anyone expected. Sadly this isn't a very interesting year in the 5A. The 5A reminds me of the SEC a bit. It used to be a bruising classification with 6 or 7 teams fighting it out. Now it's one powerhouse and a lot of good teams fighting for the right to lose in the championship.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on September 23, 2017, 11:40:28 pm
It's the perfect storm. The Central is better then anyone expected before the season started. The East is down far more then anyone expected. Sadly this isn't a very interesting year in the 5A. The 5A reminds me of the SEC a bit. It used to be a bruising classification with 6 or 7 teams fighting it out. Now it's one powerhouse and a lot of good teams fighting for the right to lose in the championship.

I don't think you should give PA the trophy yet.  They were crowned early in 2012 and Batesville took it away.  Same in 2013 and Morrilton took it.  There's a long way to go and several good teams that could dethrone PA.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 23, 2017, 06:17:48 pm
Thing is, if they just win one of those last 4 they're possibly looking at a playoff spot.

Yes, but which one are they going to win?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Dad on September 24, 2017, 12:09:19 am
Yes, but which one are they going to win?

That's a good question, and I really don't know the answer. Honestly, they'd probably need to win 2 of those 4 to be safe, but I just don't see that happening.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 23, 2017, 11:25:39 pm
How about Parkview?  I think Bolding is doing some good work there.

Yes, indeed. I think its great. Looking forward to seeing them play

Jimmy1995

Call me crazy but McClellan and LRCA have a common opponent now. What's you guys take on this?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on September 30, 2017, 12:17:39 pm
Call me crazy but McClellan and LRCA have a common opponent now. What's you guys take on this?

That LRCA is overrated

Eastbay501

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 30, 2017, 12:36:38 pm
That LRCA is overrated

LRCA also didn't play very well and penalties plagued them. They had about 5 guys on defense playing through injury and 3 on offense. When they're healthy and fully running, they can be scary. The 2nd half reveals the teams true colors imo and they seem to perform strong late in games

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas