• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this Nettleton's year in the east?

Started by MrShakezzzz2014, September 22, 2017, 11:53:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrShakezzzz2014

After 4 weeks of football and what we saw tonight from the Raiders against Batesville, what are your thoughts on this Nettleton team. Could they be a bracket buster this year or are you still not sold on them?

FoxandHound34

I think this is the year Nettleton could make a run. They have the weapons to make it to the final 4 imo. That matchup with Wynne will be a dandy

MrShakezzzz2014

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 22, 2017, 11:55:53 pm
I think this is the year Nettleton could make a run. They have the weapons to make it to the final 4 imo. That matchup with Wynne will be a dandy

The final 4 may be a bit of a reach. But I definitely agree that the Wynne game will be a classic, and given the way Nettleton is playing, a conference title is not out of the question.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on September 23, 2017, 12:23:20 am
The final 4 may be a bit of a reach. But I definitely agree that the Wynne game will be a classic, and given the way Nettleton is playing, a conference title is not out of the question.

The way wynne is playing, it will be a conference title for Nettleton

MDXPHD

Wynne will beat them by a couple of tds. Batesville is way down, and everyone has seen that. The win over Batesville just isn't very impressive. Wynnes defense will slow nettleton down big time and nettleton can't play defense, so Wynne is going to get their points.

The Green Arrow

This Nettleton defense is not the same as it has been in the past. Their team speed is off the charts. Coach Hampton has that defense playing very well.

MrShakezzzz2014

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2017, 06:02:13 am
Wynne will beat them by a couple of tds. Batesville is way down, and everyone has seen that. The win over Batesville just isn't very impressive. Wynnes defense will slow nettleton down big time and nettleton can't play defense, so Wynne is going to get their points.

How is Wynne's secondary this year? I haven't gotten to see them play but whether or not they can stop the deep ball will be a huge factor in the game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The Green Arrow on September 23, 2017, 07:59:22 am
This Nettleton defense is not the same as it has been in the past. Their team speed is off the charts. Coach Hampton has that defense playing very well.

Speed isn't everything. Lots more to defense than that.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on September 23, 2017, 08:31:41 am

How is Wynne's secondary this year? I haven't gotten to see them play but whether or not they can stop the deep ball will be a huge factor in the game.

Secondary will struggle against a team like PA. Nettleton won't establish the run as much against Wynne ad they do other teams in the east, and that's why I think Wynne will win. What week do y'all play?

proud_dad

Rick Swines

MDXPHD

Rick Swines

Wynne has zero offense and we don't know how good their defense is yet.

bigchief72455

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 23, 2017, 09:32:09 am

And you think nettleton has proven something by beating the teams they have? Enough to merit a two TD win prediction for a week 10 matchup?

Raider2011

Seems like some ppl can't handle Nettleton actually being good...everyone said Batesville would be fine like any other year starting 1-2..I read numerous times Batesville would have Nettleton's number..48-21 stomping and it's all credited to a down Batesville year..haha they'll keep proving the doubters wrong

MDXPHD

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 23, 2017, 12:26:23 pm
Seems like some ppl can't handle Nettleton actually being good...everyone said Batesville would be fine like any other year starting 1-2..I read numerous times Batesville would have Nettleton's number..48-21 stomping and it's all credited to a down Batesville year..haha they'll keep proving the doubters wrong

Do you really think this is a traditional Batesville team? Or do you think they're down? Let's be real at least. Nettleton won big. Nobody is doubting that. But you sure didn't beat the previous Batesville teams like you're acting like. I hope nettleton is good though because I would rather the east do well when playoffs come around. So good luck to yall.

The_Pioneer

Nettleton is surely the greatest football team in the entire nation.  Let's be honest, they won for the first time in 17 years against Batesville.  Therefore, they are great.  Unbeatable even.

JessieP

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 23, 2017, 12:26:23 pm

Just because you finally broke through and beat a very down Batesville team doesn't mean people are doubting you. Just a little perspective. You've been feasting on bad and mediocre teams. Wynne may be 60% of what they were last year but they are still 3 td's better then Nettleton. Nettleton is vastly improved but remember Batesville's OL is a good sized jr. high line. Wynne's is not, they are big, experienced and physical. The entire East is pretty down this year. I'd be surprised to see an east team in the semi finals. Wynne is still the class of the east and PA would mercy rule them. It's sad, we all like to brag, but a fact is a fact. I would love to say "Nettleton finally beat us but they ended up at WMS" but it's just not gonna happen.   

Raider2011

Nobody is asking for your sarcasm I see you guys are still hurt hurt about the loss..I've watched Batesville the last 10yrs played against in 4 of those so yeah of course this a down year for you all..that's beyond what I'm saying...all week you guys raved how you played 2 good 6a teams in Jonesboro and Searcy, won mountain home and how the tradition shows you had Nettleton's number...I never said we' re the greatest but respect is due for playing and beating the teams in front of us the way we should....you guys also mentioned numerous times the superior coaching you have in King and staff, too bad his game plan and adjustments didn't work last night..shut down the deep passing game and we gash you on the ground...respect the talent, and hard work of the kids set your pioneer ego to the side

The_Pioneer

No thanks.  Its more fun to annoy the new bandwagon douchie Nettleton fans.

Raider2011

Trust me I'm far from annoyed...and I'm sure being A Nettleton Gradutate and by me not missing a game in 3 seasons bandwagon isn't up for debate.. have fun with your  season  ;D and keep crying about your down year guess that'll be your excuse for everything  ;D ;D ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 23, 2017, 03:09:17 pm
Trust me I'm far from annoyed...and I'm sure being A Nettleton Gradutate and by me not missing a game in 3 seasons bandwagon isn't up for debate.. have fun with your  season  ;D and keep crying about your down year guess that'll be your excuse for everything  ;D ;D ;D

We aren't crying or whining about having a down year. Most people have them far more often than us. The difference between y'all and us is that y'all have an up year every ten years or so, and we have a down year every ten years or so. It's very apparent Nettleton doesn't win much because they don't know how to handle it.

Raider2011

I'll let you guys have it no need to go back and forth..good luck on the rest of the season  ;D

The_Pioneer

This seems like how Nettleton fans react reading FF waiting for their respect....

JessieP

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 23, 2017, 03:09:17 pm

You were at Nettleton 4 of the last 16 years? ouch! I was wondering why Nettleton was acting like they won at WMS last night? I'm sure PA and Wynne were watching you guys crying and going nuts after the game and saying "Oh you beat Batesville, that's cute". No one was saying we would win last night for sure, in fact everyone said if there is a chance for Nettleton to beat us, this is the year. Do you honestly think Wynne or Valley View is worried? seriously?

Jackets3

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on September 23, 2017, 08:31:41 am

.        Wynne secondary has been very consistent so far and playing deep ball well.

Raider2011

Haha you guys are still going I see ;D you can't bother me with the 16 game crap its lame and doesn't help you win a game or make the playoffs THIS season...think I won't defend my team that's blasphemy when you only did if ways to tear em down...guess y'all don't congratulate each other after wins?? Get out of here take your loss and move on hahahahahaha I've been laughing all Saturday

Blazer51

Can someone ban this dude yet, please?! I rarely say please and I'll say it again. Someone please ban this kid...

bigchief72455

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 23, 2017, 06:14:17 pm
Haha you guys are still going I see ;D you can't bother me with the 16 game crap its lame and doesn't help you win a game or make the playoffs THIS season...think I won't defend my team that's blasphemy when you only did if ways to tear em down...guess y'all don't congratulate each other after wins?? Get out of here take your loss and move on hahahahahaha I've been laughing all Saturday
I remember my first beer...... Lol

JessieP

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 23, 2017, 08:38:20 pm
I remember my first beer...... Lol

+1. Very funny. Ok, I'll give Nettleton their props. They beat Batesville! judging by the reaction I saw on the Cube at the end of the year that was the entire objective. Objective met. Congratulations. This poor sap has been smiling all day, let him have his day. They beat Batesville, everything else this year doesn't matter. I actually feel bad for him though, he'll wake up Monday morning and realize "crap, I still live in Nettleton".

Bigboy36

September 23, 2017, 09:00:20 pm #31 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:03:55 pm by Bigboy36
Quote from: Blazer51 on September 23, 2017, 06:44:28 pm
Can someone ban this dude yet, please?! I rarely say please and I'll say it again. Someone please ban this kid...
Nettleton is gonna beat valley view historically bad this year lol

Bigboy36

You know y'all said Nettleton might lose to batesville and when they beat the crap out of them y'all say batesville is down... Batesville will be the 3rd seed this year. Nettleton and wynne will definitely be a showdown i can't wait for that game. Props to Nettleton they are for real this year i see them not losing and the wynne game is a toss up

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: JessieP on September 23, 2017, 01:41:55 pm
Just because you finally broke through and beat a very down Batesville team doesn't mean people are doubting you. Just a little perspective. You've been feasting on bad and mediocre teams. Wynne may be 60% of what they were last year but they are still 3 td's better then Nettleton. Nettleton is vastly improved but remember Batesville's OL is a good sized jr. high line. Wynne's is not, they are big, experienced and physical. The entire East is pretty down this year. I'd be surprised to see an east team in the semi finals. Wynne is still the class of the east and PA would mercy rule them. It's sad, we all like to brag, but a fact is a fact. I would love to say "Nettleton finally beat us but they ended up at WMS" but it's just not gonna happen.   
PA will mercy rule every team they play in 5a this year Probably

Raider2011

Quote from: JessieP on September 23, 2017, 08:54:02 pm
+1. Very funny. Ok, I'll give Nettleton their props. They beat Batesville! judging by the reaction I saw on the Cube at the end of the year that was the entire objective. Objective met. Congratulations. This poor sap has been smiling all day, let him have his day. They beat Batesville, everything else this year doesn't matter. I actually feel bad for him though, he'll wake up Monday morning and realize "crap, I still live in Nettleton".

You just won't quit will you?? You're on the schedule of course we want to beat you, objective was completed last night, and the win warranted a celebration SIMPLE....every post you've found a way to throw out some form of disrespect so I won't respond to you after this....again good luck on the rest of the season

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bigboy36 on September 23, 2017, 09:03:13 pm
You know y'all said Nettleton might lose to batesville and when they beat the crap out of them y'all say batesville is down... Batesville will be the 3rd seed this year. Nettleton and wynne will definitely be a showdown i can't wait for that game. Props to Nettleton they are for real this year i see them not losing and the wynne game is a toss up

I know Nettleton is excited about the win, but you think Batesville will get the 3? I think VV will give them a good game for it.

Bigboy36

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2017, 09:48:36 pm
I know Nettleton is excited about the win, but you think Batesville will get the 3? I think VV will give them a good game for it.
Nettleton was excited because it was a big game for them and trust me they know it's just the beginning and i understand what you mean about them getting a little to excited but they've been waiting for this day since the offseason ... and yes i truly think VV will give batesville a great fight but i also know batesville has a better coaching staff and will get better and win i think in a close high scoring game

Blazer51

Quote from: Bigboy36 on September 23, 2017, 09:00:20 pm
Nettleton is gonna beat valley view historically bad this year lol

You want a cookie? 😂
Some of you Nettleton posters are starting to sound like Stuttgart posters on the 4a board.

j-mann raider 02

as a old nettleton alum     

the best nettletion  team was 1994   
for the 2017  to match that  they wouild have  to go 10-0 and win 2 playoff games     

the batesvillie fan  is right to a degree but is not every 10 years  its  every 3-5 years       

if hampton stayes for the long run  Nettletion in the next 10 seasons could from a big three in the 5a-east 

as for this season  VV and wynne  will be hard to beat    but Nettletion  has not had a home playoff  game since 1994   

and raider 2011   i am the reason   Nettletlon upgraded their home bleached    while i was  in school it was gravel       

but there is no reason nettleton cant be better than the 1999 team  which beat batesvillie  by the way  and the 2006 team  who was Lawsom  right  Lawson Left Lawson up the gut     

to that batesvillie fan   if nettletion  had 40 mi   of kids  to pick from like u do   nettletlon wouild  go to state every year too     

Lumberjackfan1978

Congratulations Nettleton on your victory over Batesville it was long in coming savior the moment y'all have every right to be excited

Gravelbar

Quote from: j-mann raider 02 on September 25, 2017, 08:13:11 pm
as a old nettleton alum     

the best nettletion  team was 1994   
for the 2017  to match that  they wouild have  to go 10-0 and win 2 playoff games     

the batesvillie fan  is right to a degree but is not every 10 years  its  every 3-5 years       

if hampton stayes for the long run  Nettletion in the next 10 seasons could from a big three in the 5a-east 

as for this season  VV and wynne  will be hard to beat    but Nettletion  has not had a home playoff  game since 1994   

and raider 2011   i am the reason   Nettletlon upgraded their home bleached    while i was  in school it was gravel       

but there is no reason nettleton cant be better than the 1999 team  which beat batesvillie  by the way  and the 2006 team  who was Lawsom  right  Lawson Left Lawson up the gut     

to that batesvillie fan   if nettletion  had 40 mi   of kids  to pick from like u do   nettletlon wouild  go to state every year too   
School choice---it's a law now--how many from outside Nettleton school district do you have?  Jonesboro, Bay, Brookland, VV--well, none there, but you get the picture.  You've got way more within a 10 mile radius to pull from,, so that point is ridiculous.  There's more people in Jonesboro than the whole county of Independence. 

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 23, 2017, 09:32:09 am

Can't say that's entirely true.  They're scoring about 33 PPG and holding opponents to under 12 PPG.  You can win a lot of games doing that.

I'll let everyone in on one of my analytics that I use--the 24/17 rule.  It's not really a "rule" meaning that it's ironclad, but it's a very good determinant of who's going to make the playoffs and who isn't.  Once you get to about Week 5, you can start applying this metric--before then, you don't really have enough games to make it meaningful.  Teams that average 24 or more PPG on offense and hold opponents to 17 PPG or less on defense practically always make the playoffs.  Not always, but very nearly so.  If you run that math after this weekend, nearly every one of those teams will make the postseason. It'll get more refined the more games are played.

Grond

September 26, 2017, 12:19:50 pm #42 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:25:15 pm by Grond
Nettleton certainly gets to do some celebrating by beating Batesville. For a year, maybe..... ::)

The challenge for Nettleton will be CONSISTENCY in their passing game, especially as the weather gets cooler (not sure when that will happen this year  :P ). In years past, Nettleton's passing was real hit or miss. They would look fantastic, because the pass game helped the run game, and kept the Net defense off the field.

Nettleton also tends to play with a fair amount of emotion. Will they display the maturity to focus on the task of maintaining their technique? "Only time will tell."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas