• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Before you folks get carried away

Started by Brian G, September 22, 2017, 11:28:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Limit your rantings and imagination to the threads meant for that.

Do not jump into other legit discussion threads about actual teams and games.  Not everyone finds it amusing and it interferes with legit discussion.

I cleared this board of that last year and will do it again.

Don't take advantage of my niceness by pushing it.

no mascot

I'd like to add for anybody new to the 1a boards that this is the most interesting bball forum on fearless (in my opinion anyways) but the trolls on here are THICK!  If you're looking for a laugh or a little trash talk this site can be a lot of fun but if you would like a sincere evaluation of your son, daughter, team or school you might want to look elsewhere! If you're sensitive don't get your feelings hurt!

BannerMountainMan

Yeah it feels like I'm like the only guy that posts actual scores and stats LOL even though it's almost always Shirley stats

Brian G

And that is appreciated.  Need to keep hijinx separated. 

beach bum

Are these small town 1A folk seriously that fierce in debate?

no mascot

The debates have a tendency to get derailed really quickly down here in god's country.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 08:06:37 pm
Are these small town 1A folk seriously that fierce in debate?

Not fierce....annoying at times and highly based in left field

beach bum

So the Hampton/Mount Ida stuff we see on the 2A football threads?

beach bum

Also, I am wanting to catch at least one game from each classification this season. I am pondering going to Deer @ Saint Paul on October 27th. I want to make sure that when I go to a game that I pick one where at least one of them will be a pretty solid team so I get an accurate portrayal of that classification. I saw Saint Paul was bad last year and Deer was pretty solid. Is Deer supposed to be good again or did they graduate their best players? I figure its a little bit of a rivalry the Hwy 16 foes?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 08:34:03 pm
Also, I am wanting to catch at least one game from each classification this season. I am pondering going to Deer @ Saint Paul on October 27th. I want to make sure that when I go to a game that I pick one where at least one of them will be a pretty solid team so I get an accurate portrayal of that classification. I saw Saint Paul was bad last year and Deer was pretty solid. Is Deer supposed to be good again or did they graduate their best players? I figure its a little bit of a rivalry the Hwy 16 foes?

Both of these teams are bad. St paul was 5-20 last year.

beach bum

Quote from: fann07 on September 23, 2017, 08:44:18 pm
Both of these teams are bad. St paul was 5-20 last year.

It said Deer was a 26 win team, but I know that graduation in the smaller classifications in basketball can sometimes absolutely derail a school and send them from 20 wins to 20 losses in one season for some schools who may not have a certain level of tradition. That is what I am worried about there if they don't return many of any starters at Deer. I certainly wouldn't want that to be that case combined with a 5 win team from last year.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2017, 08:47:12 pm
It said Deer was a 26 win team, but I know that graduation in the smaller classifications in basketball can sometimes absolutely derail a school and send them from 20 wins to 20 losses in one season for some schools who may not have a certain level of tradition. That is what I am worried about there if they don't return many of any starters at Deer. I certainly wouldn't want that to be that case combined with a 5 win team from last year.

Deer may have won 26 games last year but in that part of the state in 1a that doesn't mean a lot. Not much competition in that part of the state. Better off to catch a kirby, ICC, or guy game.

Moonshiner

Quote from: fann07 on September 24, 2017, 12:45:38 am
Deer may have won 26 games last year but in that part of the state in 1a that doesn't mean a lot. Not much competition in that part of the state. Better off to catch a kirby, ICC, or guy game.

Deer gave Shirley all they wanted last year in the state tournament.   They graduated some good players but will still be competitive.  They will have a chance to make it back this year.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 24, 2017, 11:56:44 am

Deer gave Shirley all they wanted last year in the state tournament.   They graduated some good players but will still be competitive.  They will have a chance to make it back this year.
and deer was the 1 seed and Shirley was the 3. Kinda weird saying they gave them all they wanted.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 24, 2017, 12:55:44 pm
and deer was the 1 seed and Shirley was the 3. Kinda weird saying they gave them all they wanted.

Shirley shouldn't have been a 3 seed lol

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 24, 2017, 01:09:32 pm
Shirley shouldn't have been a 3 seed lol

I do not know if that was the case in their scenario, but I sure know those regional semifinal upsets out of no where can really create some crazy first round matchups in the state tournament which could easily be quarterfinal or semifinal quality games. It feels like we see one or two of those each year 1A-4A....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 24, 2017, 01:37:55 pm
I do not know if that was the case in their scenario, but I sure know those regional semifinal upsets out of no where can really create some crazy first round matchups in the state tournament which could easily be quarterfinal or semifinal quality games. It feels like we see one or two of those each year 1A-4A....

Shirley got upset in their district final, them and guy met in region semis then again in state finals.

Hero of Twin Groves

Shirley was the third best team in the region. Marvell and guy were better. How should they not have been the 3?

Moonshiner

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 24, 2017, 12:55:44 pm

Deer made a good run and won the regional.  I guess it was a mild upset that they beat Alpena. Shirley was talked about on here all last season.  Everyone knew how good they were.  I guess if this part of the state is so weak, then the weird thing would be that the game was close.

Backboard Shattered

Would of been much more weird if they would of won!

Moonshiner

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas