• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harber at Springdale... rivalry game in week 5

Started by Razorback Red, September 22, 2017, 11:26:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

I can't say enough about the job CZC is doing at Springdale.  He has the Red Dogs playing at a high level and the Conway win is looking better each week.

BUT.... Harber is by far the best team in AR and has an unbelievable D.  Just can't see Sdale being able to score enough to stay close long.

Harber big. 

HarBer Dad

Can't wait for this one.  Atmosphere is going to be electric!

Key to the game for Sdale is can they get to the HB QB.  If he has time HB has too many weapons on O for Sdale to deal with.  Points on offense will be hard to come by so Sdale has to keep it low scoring.
Key for HB is poise.  Weather the emotional storm, protect the ball.  Don't press if the game is close early.  Obviously protect the QB which means dealing with Sdale's stud D lineman.
If HB protects the ball I see this close through half maybe 3Q but HB pulls away to win by two scores.

Brian G

Rob Van Winkle

WOW!!!! As a former Red Dog I am so proud of what Coach Clark has done for the program. While Springdale had a ton of success over the years, with the exception of the 05 team, it was never because they had the best athletes on the field. It was because Coach Jarrell Williams got all of his kids to play together as a team and got the most out of every single kid. That is the blueprint CZC is using at SHS today and it is working. Now Nichols is BIG TIME without a doubt and the arguably the best player in the state, but other than him they have a bunch of hard nosed kids who play for each other and give it their all on every play. That is Red Dog Football!!!

Now on the other hand I have a son who plays for Har-Ber so obviously I am pulling for the Cats this week. The Cats areas good as it gets on defense and are playing at a very high level. The QB is doing a great job of keeping the chains moving either getting the ball in his playmakers hands or making plays himself. A very balanced team.

Jarrell Willilams Bulldog Stadium will be as packed this Friday as it was back in 1984 when the Red Dogs were #1 in the state and the Purple Dogs were #2 and the Red Dogs won 13-10. The crowd with be electric, both teams will be jacked up and it will be a hard fought battle. No prediction here, just ready to watch a great ball game, in an unbelievable atmosphere with both teams from Springdale the focal point for 7A West football this Friday night.

TigerHawg

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 25, 2017, 10:15:01 am
WOW!!!! As a former Red Dog I am so proud of what Coach Clark has done for the program. While Springdale had a ton of success over the years, with the exception of the 05 team, it was never because they had the best athletes on the field. It was because Coach Jarrell Williams got all of his kids to play together as a team and got the most out of every single kid. That is the blueprint CZC is using at SHS today and it is working. Now Nichols is BIG TIME without a doubt and the arguably the best player in the state, but other than him they have a bunch of hard nosed kids who play for each other and give it their all on every play. That is Red Dog Football!!!

Now on the other hand I have a son who plays for Har-Ber so obviously I am pulling for the Cats this week. The Cats areas good as it gets on defense and are playing at a very high level. The QB is doing a great job of keeping the chains moving either getting the ball in his playmakers hands or making plays himself. A very balanced team.

Jarrell Willilams Bulldog Stadium will be as packed this Friday as it was back in 1984 when the Red Dogs were #1 in the state and the Purple Dogs were #2 and the Red Dogs won 13-10. The crowd with be electric, both teams will be jacked up and it will be a hard fought battle. No prediction here, just ready to watch a great ball game, in an unbelievable atmosphere with both teams from Springdale the focal point for 7A West football this Friday night.

If I wasn't going to the West/Fay game I would almost want to go watch this one. Going to take any team a near perfect game to beat Har-Ber but anything can happen under the Friday Night Lights! Good luck to both teams!

Razorback Red

I am still debating on where to go on Friday night.  I am passing on BHS at VB, so it will either be FHS at West, the battle of Sdale or Gtown and PG (have a friend from Church on Gravette team). 

My gut tells me the FHS/West game will be the best game, but I would love to hear JW Bulldog Stadium rocking once again. 

HarBer Dad

Beat down, just flat out beat down all phases of the game, offense, defense and special teams. HB was not as sharp as previous three games.  Putting the ball on the ground several times and giving up pick 6.  But still...

What continues to impress me about this team is how they respond.  SDale scores on long TD pass to get within 7, HB goes on 80 yd drive. Pick six by Sdale, HB returns kick for TD.  Then when SDale started to press in 2H that D just squeezed the life out of them.

SDale has one of their better teams in couple of years but not on HB level.  They should win at least three conference games and maybe steal one more.  I wish them all the best. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas