• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Week 5 Top Ten Fan Voting Thread

Started by AT, September 22, 2017, 10:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Harrison
4. Wynne
5. Nettleton
6. Little Rock McClellan
7. Alma
8. White Hall
9. Watson Chapel
10. Morrilton

PA Dad

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA
4. Harrison
5. Nettleton
6.  McClellan
7. White Hall
8. Alma
9. Morrilton
10. Watson Chapel

Go Postal

September 22, 2017, 11:12:53 pm #2 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:21:31 pm by Go Postal
As someone who grew up on the other side of the ball from rival Harrison, I'm very impressed with this Goblin team.  The last two games, they fell behind the eight ball in the first quarters, 14-0 with LRCA and 21-0 with Morrilton.  They never gave up or hung their heads down, they just adjusted and played very great ball for a edge of your seat game, twice.  Some old time Goblins have said that this team is reminiscent of the '99 Goblins.  I'm not quite there yet but I am slowly becoming a believer.  They just need to quit coming out slow at the beginning of the game IMO.  Coach Wells and staff are doing a fantastic job with this team and I hope to see more of this trend.

Deuceswild

September 23, 2017, 01:26:50 am #3 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:31:56 am by Deuceswild
I need to send a request to AAA that we start all games in the second quarter. That should eliminate any medical concerns in having. My goodness.
1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Wynne
4. Harrison
5. Nettleton
6. White Hall
7. Morrilton
8. Irma
9. McLovin
10. Parkview

DEVIL DOG HOG

September 23, 2017, 02:56:28 am #4 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:01:24 am by DEVIL DOG HOG
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. L.R. Christian
4. Nettleton
5. Harrison
6. White Hall
7. Alma
8. L.R. McClellan
9. Morrilton
10. Valley View

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

1.VILONIA
2. Who f * cares
10. Repeat number two

1. VILONIA UBER ALLES

MDXPHD

Can the people who put LRCA above Wynne give some reasoning? They have one common opponent I think, and it seems like Wynne had a much easier time. Are people high on LRCA because they beat Warren and Harrison?

Deuceswild

My reasoning is their athleticism and the way they use it. I saw Wynne at WMS last year and saw they were outmatched but I also look for loopholes, I know it was last years team but I also saw LRCA last year and knew they would be scary this year. Then they added Justice Hill. They, in my opinion will probably be the best match against PA. I like what Wynne does, but think they would be exploited defensively against LRCA. They will move back up when PA plays LRCA as long as they keep doing their thing. I can assure u, it's not a large gap between the 2 but I would give LRCA a slight edge over Wynne at this time.

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRCA
4. Nettleton
5. McClellan
6. White Hall
7. Harrison
8. MoTown
9. Alma
10. Parkview

MDXPHD

Quote from: Deuceswild on September 23, 2017, 07:08:30 am
My reasoning is their athleticism and the way they use it. I saw Wynne at WMS last year and saw they were outmatched but I also look for loopholes, I know it was last years team but I also saw LRCA last year and knew they would be scary this year. Then they added Justice Hill. They, in my opinion will probably be the best match against PA. I like what Wynne does, but think they would be exploited defensively against LRCA. They will move back up when PA plays LRCA as long as they keep doing their thing. I can assure u, it's not a large gap between the 2 but I would give LRCA a slight edge over Wynne at this time.

I think Wynne has a better defense this year than last. You are correct though, a team like PA will exploit them. LRCA might too. Teams with a good passing attack will give Wynne some trouble I'm sure.

InYoGrill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRC
4. Harrison
5. Alma
6. LRMc
7. Nettleton
8. LRPark
9. Morrilton
10. WH

InYoGrill

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 23, 2017, 08:03:21 am
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. LRC
4. Harrison
5. Alma
6. LRMc
7. Motown
8. LRPark
9. Nettleton
10. WH

Rick Swines

1. Pa
2. Nettleton
3. Lrca
4. McClellan
5. Wynne
6. Harrison
7. Alma
8. Morrilton
9. Watson chapel
10. Parkview

I saw first hand how good nettleton is. They are explosive and that offensive line is one of the best I've seen in high school. I have been high on wynne but talked to a ref last night that said the offense is non existent.

JacketDad

September 23, 2017, 08:47:30 am #13 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:51:25 am by JacketDad
Quote from: Deuceswild on September 23, 2017, 07:08:30 am
My reasoning is their athleticism and the way they use it. I saw Wynne at WMS last year and saw they were outmatched but I also look for loopholes, I know it was last years team but I also saw LRCA last year and knew they would be scary this year. Then they added Justice Hill.  They, in my opinion will probably be the best match against PA. I like what Wynne does, but think they would be exploited defensively against LRCA. They will move back up when PA plays LRCA as long as they keep doing their thing. I can assure u, it's not a large gap between the 2 but I would give LRCA a slight edge over Wynne at this time.
Love how the private schools word these things.  :D

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 23, 2017, 08:46:42 am
1. Pa
2. Nettleton
3. Lrca
4. McClellan
5. Wynne
6. Harrison
7. Alma
8. Morrilton
9. Watson chapel
10. Parkview

I saw first hand how good nettleton is. They are explosive and that offensive line is one of the best I've seen in high school. I have been high on wynne but talked to a ref last night that said the offense is non existent.

I watched nettleton and their offensive line is about average. They win with their speed. They beat a down Batesville team and struggled with them until the second half. I think Wynne and nettleton will be a decent game but nettleton is not the second best team in the state lol

redsport27

PA
Wynne
LRCA
Nettleton
Harrison
White Hall
McClellan
Alma
Valley View
Morrilton

I love how White Hall is excluded in some of the polls...

incogneto

Quote from: JacketDad on September 23, 2017, 08:47:30 am
Love how the private schools word these things.  :D

JacketDad,

I don't know if you are being serious or just messing around because LRCA is a private school that everyone assumes recruits all of its talent.  If that were true they have more OL and DL talent than they have.  Justice Hill has been at LRCA since elementary school.  The only years he hasn't played football were his Freshman and Sophomore seasons.  More kids have transferred out out of this group of kids than have transferred in.  Nathan Page, Luke Jones, John David White, Zack White, Xavier Roberson and Koilan Jackson were all part of this group of kids at one point.  Each one of those kids have a legitimate chance at being future college players at other schools.  I can also say they are serious about preparing kids to follow Jesus and succeed in life.  Many of the kids I listed expressed regrets about leaving and wanted to return but chose not to sit out 365 days in order to return.  It's not a perfect place but it's easily the best school I have had any association with.

I hope you don't take my post as aggressive or demeaning in any manner.  I am an LRCA fan but I admire Wynne's tradition and really admire Coach Pascal. 

Jimmy1995

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. McClellan
4. Wynne
5. Nettleton
6. Harrison
7. White Hall
8. Morrilton
9. Beebe
10. LR Parkview

Raider2011

September 23, 2017, 09:50:17 am #18 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:02:07 am by Raider2011
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2017, 08:55:41 am
I watched nettleton and their offensive line is about average. They win with their speed. They beat a down Batesville team and struggled with them until the second half. I think Wynne and nettleton will be a decent game but nettleton is not the second best team in the state lol

I wouldn't reach as far as 2...but to say they struggled with Batesville isn't realistic..jumped out 20-0, Batesville put up 2 quick TDs in 2ndQ and and beyond that couldn't move the ball...Batesville focused so much on Nettleton stretching the field deep they left themselves vulnerable for a 6 touchdown rushing attack 4 from the starter...I'd say Batesville had one momentum swing the game was controlled by Nettleton 1-4

Rocket23

Quote from: incogneto on September 23, 2017, 09:29:31 am
JacketDad,

I don't know if you are being serious or just messing around because LRCA is a private school that everyone assumes recruits all of its talent.  If that were true they have more OL and DL talent than they have.  Justice Hill has been at LRCA since elementary school.  The only years he hasn't played football were his Freshman and Sophomore seasons.  More kids have transferred out out of this group of kids than have transferred in.  Nathan Page, Luke Jones, John David White, Zack White, Xavier Roberson and Koilan Jackson were all part of this group of kids at one point.  Each one of those kids have a legitimate chance at being future college players at other schools.  I can also say they are serious about preparing kids to follow Jesus and succeed in life.  Many of the kids I listed expressed regrets about leaving and wanted to return but chose not to sit out 365 days in order to return.  It's not a perfect place but it's easily the best school I have had any association with.

I hope you don't take my post as aggressive or demeaning in any manner.  I am an LRCA fan but I admire Wynne's tradition and really admire Coach Pascal.

Justice played football as a freshman and started for the high school team at cornerback during the playoffs after moving up from junior high.  He did not play last year to concentrate on basketball.

incogneto

September 23, 2017, 10:23:14 am #20 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:25:40 am by incogneto
Rocket

You are right.  I forgot he was on that team.  He was tearing up the freshman team as a QB that year.   

RazorDad

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Harrison
4. McClellan
5. Wynne
6. Nettleton
7. White Hall
8. Morrilton
9. Beebe
10. LR Parkview

AT

Make sure to get your polls in by Tuesday night at 7:00

Raider2011

1.PA
2.LRCA
3.WYNNE
4.Nettleton
5.Harrison
6.McClellan
7.WH
8.Alma
9.Morrilton
10.WC

Lumberjackfan1978

September 23, 2017, 08:53:08 pm #24 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:54:44 pm by Lumberjackfan1978
PA
LRCA
Wynne
Harrison
Nettleton
McClellan
WH
Alma
Morrilton
WC

MDXPHD

The morrilton and Harrison gap in these rankings are crazy.

Bigboy36

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. LRM
6. Harrison
7. Alma
8. White Hall
9. Watson Chapel
10. Morrilton

88CityChamp

Jacketdad,

Agree that LRCA has a shot. Some of those transfers must've been at various schools as Page was at Catholic and Jackson was at Parkview before both left for Robinson.  Doubt a couple of others have much chance other than really small schools but hope they do well.

Youngsta71701

1. Pulaski Academy - W
2. Little Rock Christian - W
3. Wynne - W
4. Little Rock McClellan - W
5. Alma - W
6. Nettleton - W
7. White Hall - W
8. Harrison - W
9. Morrilton - L
10. Watson Chapel - W

Go Postal

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. White Hall
6. LR McClellan
7. Alma - lost to 2 quality schools only
8. Harrison - haven't beat Alma yet
9. Morrilton - only 1 point loss to Harrison
10. Valley View/Watson Chapel

JacketDad

1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  LRCA
4.  Alma
5.  Harrison
6.  Nettleton
7.  McClellan
8.  White Hall
9.  Morrilton
10. Parkview

GhostofRosswoodCC

1. PA
2. White Hall
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. LRCA
6. Alma
7. Nettleton
8. Valley View
9. Harrison
10. Chapel

AT

P.F.G.

1. PA
2. White Hall
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. LRCA
6. Harrison
7. Nettleton
8. Alma
9. Valley View
10. Chapel

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on September 25, 2017, 04:06:56 pm
1. PA
2. White Hall
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. LRCA
6. Alma
7. Nettleton
8. Valley View
9. Harrison
10. Chapel
White Hall fan. No doubt.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: P.F.G. on September 25, 2017, 10:12:27 pm
1. PA
2. White Hall
3. Wynne
4. McClellan
5. LRCA
6. Harrison
7. Nettleton
8. Alma
9. Valley View
10. Chapel
White Hall fan. Has to be.

GhostofRosswoodCC

Youngsta Camden will get a taste of that #2 Friday

proud_dad

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. White Hall
4. Nettleton
5. Little Rock Christian
6. Harrison
7. Alma
8. Little Rock McClellan
9. Watson Chapel
10. Valley View

AT

I'm going to go ahead and close this since it seems most of the regulars have put their polls in (usually proud_dad is the last) and it is only 20 minutes before the deadline.

proud_dad

September 26, 2017, 07:24:38 pm #39 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:26:34 pm by proud_dad
Sorry trackster. I'll start doing better sir!!! Really appreciate all the time you put into this. Really enjoy being able to participate in these polls

AT

Quote from: proud_dad on September 26, 2017, 07:24:38 pm
Sorry trackster. I'll start doing better sir!!!

Lol, wasn't a knock. It's actually pretty funny that you're the last one in.

proud_dad

Wow that was quick. Maybe Alma and Wynne can meet this year in the playoffs. That would be a great game I think

AT

Quote from: proud_dad on September 26, 2017, 07:27:56 pm
Wow that was quick. Maybe Alma and Wynne can meet this year in the playoffs. That would be a great game I think

I've been waiting on this since 2004...were you at that game proud_dad? I made that long trip...and the sad one home. Some would argue (probably with much debate) that was the best Alma team ever even if they didn't win state.

proud_dad

I was in Iraq during that season. I would call my sister for each game that season and she would put the phone by the radio so I could listen to the game. It was a low scoring dogfight if I remember correctly. I think wynne won that game like 14 to 7.

AT

Quote from: proud_dad on September 26, 2017, 09:13:19 pm
I was in Iraq during that season. I would call my sister for each game that season and she would put the phone by the radio so I could listen to the game. It was a low scoring dogfight if I remember correctly. I think wynne won that game like 14 to 7.

Thank you for your service.

Yep that's exactly right. Wynne had two stud d-linemen. They stuffed us at the goal line. PFG could talk more about that game in detail than I could.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas