• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bald Knob Bulldogs Nip the Harding Academy Wildcats

Started by WCD, September 22, 2017, 10:26:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

On a warm and humid Friday night the Bulldogs of Bald Knob entered First Security stadium ready to run over the Wildcats.
They had very good running backs led by their QB. The Cats had a difficult time stopping the Bulldog offense but they managed to keep them from scoring much of the time. Bald Knob scored first going up 7-0 but the Cats scored a few downs later and they went in at halftime tied 7-7.

In the 3rd quarter HA scored first but missed the PAT and led 13-7. Behind some hard running Bald Knob moved the ball but had some untimely penalties that put them in a poor situation. As luck would have it the BK QB threw a great pass down the sideline for a completion. The HA defender went for the ball, missed it and the BK receiver sprinted 50 yards for a TD.

The Cats ran a great 2:00 drill and got the ball down to the 8 yard line but two huge penalties moved the Cats way back and HA failed to score. The final score was Bulldogs 14 - Cats 13.

There was some improvement in the Cats game this week which was good to see. #14 Morgan ran the ball better and was good at passing the ball. #11 Jordan Ashmore ran the ball as good as anyone tonight and is the WCD Player of the Game.

The Cats are a good team and need to get ready for next week. It will get tougher as the season rolls on but I'm certain these young men will rise to the occasion. I'm proud of the boys and look forward to next Friday. Go Cats! WCD

Williebe147

Quote from: WCD on September 22, 2017, 10:26:15 pm
On a warm and humid Friday night the Bulldogs of Bald Knob entered First Security stadium ready to run over the Wildcats.
They had very good running backs led by their QB. The Cats had a difficult time stopping the Bulldog offense but they managed to keep them from scoring much of the time. Bald Knob scored first going up 7-0 but the Cats scored a few downs later and they went in at halftime tied 7-7.

In the 3rd quarter HA scored first but missed the PAT and led 13-7. Behind some hard running Bald Knob moved the ball but had some untimely penalties that put them in a poor situation. As luck would have it the BK QB threw a great pass down the sideline for a completion. The HA defender went for the ball, missed it and the BK receiver sprinted 50 yards for a TD.

The Cats ran a great 2:00 drill and got the ball down to the 8 yard line but two huge penalties moved the Cats way back and HA failed to score. The final score was Bulldogs 14 - Cats 13.

There was some improvement in the Cats game this week which was good to see. #14 Morgan ran the ball better and was good at passing the ball. #11 Jordan Ashmore ran the ball as good as anyone tonight and is the WCD Player of the Game.

The Cats are a good team and need to get ready for next week. It will get tougher as the season rolls on but I'm certain these young men will rise to the occasion. I'm proud of the boys and look forward to next Friday. Go Cats! WCD

Great summary of a high school football game.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 23, 2017, 02:27:05 am

Great summary of a high school football game.
Typical for Wildcat Dad. Objective reporting of what happened and he finds positive things to say about both teams. He's a class act.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas