• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover @ Lake village.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, September 22, 2017, 10:23:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Well.... what to say about this one?

Proud Buckaroo

Where did that one Lake Village poster go from last year?

Jimbo Morphis

Hgalum50

delta0911

We might beat Genoa the rest of the way.  Got destroyed by Star City and Rison, will get destroyed the rest of the way.  Feel like we've taken a step back from last season.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: delta0911 on September 24, 2017, 06:57:49 pm
We might beat Genoa the rest of the way.  Got destroyed by Star City and Rison, will get destroyed the rest of the way.  Feel like we've taken a step back from last season.

It's a big shame. Because the guy had them going the right direction.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

i saw something last week at DC that, I havent seen before in Lake Village. They had a lead almost lose and still manage to win. Something they havent done in past. I think they are headed in right direction wouldnt say taking steps back. Just Star City is better than last year and Rison is a power on that new turf field.

threepeoplematter

I think this is going to be a fair assessment of the Lake Village team this week if those programs are that good.  Sounds like the week to show how much progress (lack there of) has or hasn't been made.

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Star City and Rison aren't that much better if as good as who they will be playing the rest of the year.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Yes our QB is a junior.. I am not sure how the team will react to playing Smackover this week.  They schedule this as homecoming so this could turn into a typical Lake Village game. Ill say Smackover 48 Lake Village maybe 12 and that will be in garbage time...

Proud Buckaroo

Looking at the stats. I figure Lake Village QB will be hard to stop. I watched him last year as a sophomore and he definitely looked as if he had an upside to him once he matures some.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on September 28, 2017, 08:03:53 am
Yes our QB is a junior.. I am not sure how the team will react to playing Smackover this week.  They schedule this as homecoming so this could turn into a typical Lake Village game. Ill say Smackover 48 Lake Village maybe 12 and that will be in garbage time...
Sounds about right.

Arkansauce

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 28, 2017, 08:36:57 am
Looking at the stats. I figure Lake Village QB will be hard to stop. I watched him last year as a sophomore and he definitely looked as if he had an upside to him once he matures some.
He'll be tough to handle until he gets burnt out! He's accounted for just about all of their touchdowns. By just about I mean roughly 80% and several players have started complaining to me about him being able to run the show and not the coach. I believe that they have the talent to be a solid team but the coaching staff is weak. It's like having a jr. high coach (head coach), sr. high asst (D.C.), and 2 Pee Wee coaches (other assistants) trying to coach against well coached teams.

delta0911

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on September 26, 2017, 11:25:25 am
i saw something last week at DC that, I havent seen before in Lake Village. They had a lead almost lose and still manage to win. Something they havent done in past. I think they are headed in right direction wouldnt say taking steps back. Just Star City is better than last year and Rison is a power on that new turf field.

You must be new to Beavers football. 3/4 wins last year were back and forth games.  They also had early leads against some good teams, not "garbage time" stuff.

Quote from: Arkansauce on September 28, 2017, 10:21:07 pm
He'll be tough to handle until he gets burnt out! He's accounted for just about all of their touchdowns. By just about I mean roughly 80% and several players have started complaining to me about him being able to run the show and not the coach. I believe that they have the talent to be a solid team but the coaching staff is weak. It's like having a jr. high coach (head coach), sr. high asst (D.C.), and 2 Pee Wee coaches (other assistants) trying to coach against well coached teams.

Administration ran off good coaches last year, said program would be "better". Need better administrators.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

If a player is hard to stop no matter what and gives your team the best chance to win with the ball in his hands isn't that what its about. I few years ago there was a guy name Cam Newton that won for Auburn. If players are complaining then it seems they are being selfish and not team guys. 

I have never spoke up about Lakeside football. I have watched and been around the last couple of years. The program was making a step up last year. The biggest problem has been the junior high program not being taught anything.

Yes the program took a turn for the better last year and I have no clue on why the coach left and for the administration could be true. I see four coaches on Friday night on Lakeside's side and up to 8 on the other teams. That is a big obstacle for any coaching staff. 

One thing you can't turn a program around in one season it will take time, and  that has been a problem they haven't had a coach there long enough.

Maybe this staff will stick around for more than this season and maybe make changes. Plus will take all involve even us on this post to stay behind the program if you are a fan and stop putting the coaches and school down.

LineStepper

September 29, 2017, 10:34:32 am #16 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:36:53 am by LineStepper
Who did LV end up hiring as head coach? I heard there were some good applicants.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Chris Williams  he was a graduate of there, was an assistant there sometime before. Has been in Mississippi the past couple of years ( I think)..

Arkansauce

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on September 29, 2017, 08:16:10 am
If a player is hard to stop no matter what and gives your team the best chance to win with the ball in his hands isn't that what its about. I few years ago there was a guy name Cam Newton that won for Auburn. If players are complaining then it seems they are being selfish and not team guys. 

I have never spoke up about Lakeside football. I have watched and been around the last couple of years. The program was making a step up last year. The biggest problem has been the junior high program not being taught anything.

Yes the program took a turn for the better last year and I have no clue on why the coach left and for the administration could be true. I see four coaches on Friday night on Lakeside's side and up to 8 on the other teams. That is a big obstacle for any coaching staff. 

One thing you can't turn a program around in one season it will take time, and  that has been a problem they haven't had a coach there long enough.

Maybe this staff will stick around for more than this season and maybe make changes. Plus will take all involve even us on this post to stay behind the program if you are a fan and stop putting the coaches and school down.
I'm always there to support the kids. It just pains me to watch Sr. High kids suffer because of a lack of variety. It can't just be deep ball or qb run. Screen game, motions, jet sweeps all have to come into play. If the head coach plans on being around then his only shot is protecting his QB!

Proud Buckaroo

owl84

Proud Buckaroo

12-8. Smackover wins. Very sloppy game play by Smackover. Give credit to Lake side for a good game plan. I think Smackover had about 15-17 penalities.
Lake village had about 5-7.

I do have one question though... 

Why did a player for Lakeside get ejected but no flag was thrown??

WHITEchicken

I saw that. Sometimes an official will send them out for a play to be talked to by a coach as a warning. Seen it a lot in basketball and a few times in football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas