• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LR Fair @ Pulaski Academy

Started by Maynard G Krebs, September 21, 2017, 09:19:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Well no one else would start it..sorta late but here it goes.

Probably the mismatch of the week.  Wish Fair could could get better participation.

PA Dad

There's really nothing to discuss.  I just hope Kelley calls the dogs off early.  I realize it's not really fair to the starters to severely limit their playing time, but there's just no reason to pour it on.

And, I admire the way the Fair players have fought the last two years.  They never gave up.  I have great admiration for them.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on September 21, 2017, 09:31:25 pm
There's really nothing to discuss.  I just hope Kelley calls the dogs off early.  I realize it's not really fair to the starters to severely limit their playing time, but there's just no reason to pour it on.

And, I admire the way the Fair players have fought the last two years.  They never gave up.  I have great admiration for them.

When exactly do you remember him not "calling the dogs off"?  Your "hope" really is unnecessary.

The Future

P.F.G.

Red Devil Alum

I'm putting the over/under for offensive lineman TDs at 1.5. And taking the over.

MDXPHD

JessieP

Now I am not flip flopping, I had forgotten about this. PA Dad actually reminded me, I'm asking not insulting. What is the deal with Kelley running up these scores? I understand the whole "just running our offense" mindset but come on. Your beating a team (made up of teenagers) 35-10 and you still pass the ball? that is one glaring defect in his personality. Why does he feel the need to stomp on the fallen? This may sicken me to say but look at Wynne, they may have huge scores but when your 2nd string runs up the middle for a TD what can you do? It was like 2 or 3 years ago, PA was playing in the State Championship, I forget the opponent, the game was out of reach and there were either no time left or just a few seconds, and he threw either a TD or a 2 point conversion. Why would he do that? that was a rhetorical question, the only reason would be to taunt.

This had nothing to do with PA or high school in general, but I read an op-ed piece years ago in the Dallas Morning News. Houston had beat SMU something like 96-21, they were still passing late in the game. This Behavioral Psychologist did a study of college coaches over the past 10 years and found out that the coaches that were up by 28+ points in the 4th quarter, and still passed the ball, were almost always under 5'7. Laugh if you want but he actually backed up his thesis with statistical data. The piece was written with a tinge of humor but it did give you pause to think. Napoleon Complex is an actual psychological condition. You know what Sigmund Freud would say, Vienna Sausages anyone?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on September 22, 2017, 09:16:59 am
Now I am not flip flopping, I had forgotten about this. PA Dad actually reminded me, I'm asking not insulting. What is the deal with Kelley running up these scores? I understand the whole "just running our offense" mindset but come on. Your beating a team (made up of teenagers) 35-10 and you still pass the ball? that is one glaring defect in his personality. Why does he feel the need to stomp on the fallen? This may sicken me to say but look at Wynne, they may have huge scores but when your 2nd string runs up the middle for a TD what can you do? It was like 2 or 3 years ago, PA was playing in the State Championship, I forget the opponent, the game was out of reach and there were either no time left or just a few seconds, and he threw either a TD or a 2 point conversion. Why would he do that? that was a rhetorical question, the only reason would be to taunt.

This had nothing to do with PA or high school in general, but I read an op-ed piece years ago in the Dallas Morning News. Houston had beat SMU something like 96-21, they were still passing late in the game. This Behavioral Psychologist did a study of college coaches over the past 10 years and found out that the coaches that were up by 28+ points in the 4th quarter, and still passed the ball, were almost always under 5'7. Laugh if you want but he actually backed up his thesis with statistical data. The piece was written with a tinge of humor but it did give you pause to think. Napoleon Complex is an actual psychological condition. You know what Sigmund Freud would say, Vienna Sausages anyone?
He plays the starters and runs the offense until up 35, then plays back ups. One reason the change from one season to the next is so smooth is that the new starters have playing time running the actual offense from blowouts the previous year. If PA wanted, it could score 120 tonight. So I don't think the 56 or whatever they end up with is running it up.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 22, 2017, 08:51:47 am
Fair with the upset: 14-3

Little early in the morning to be drinking, isn't it? 😀

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2017, 09:38:10 am
Little early in the morning to be drinking, isn't it? 😀

"It's 5:00 somewhere"  8)

PA Dad

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 21, 2017, 11:53:30 pm
When exactly do you remember him not "calling the dogs off"?  Your "hope" really is unnecessary.

You're right.  I just have a soft spot for the Fair kids.  They work hard and play hard but just don't have the numbers to compete.

Maynard G Krebs

the JA Fair kids play hard and I admire them.  I wish the Eagles had more people in the stands supporting them.  They need another Cedric Cobb, but then who doesn't?

Lumberjackfan1978

PA will score every time they have the ball until they have the mercy going and then Kelly will call them off

Wonderdog

Quote from: JessieP on September 22, 2017, 09:16:59 am

Red Devil Alum mentioned this already, but I will reiterate. In a 35-10 scenario you have not yet invoked the mercy rule unless you were up 35-0 at the start of the 3rd quarter. Any decent football coach is going to get that 35 point lead to create a running clock in the second half. Once that has been attained, pull your starters and allow your 2nd, 3rd, 4th string get reps. Most of the time I imagine PA does this against teams with little success like J.A. Fair. Maybe not a semi-final or championship game, because at that point you are playing teams that could create a couple turnovers and make a ball game out of it.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 22, 2017, 08:41:16 am
I'm putting the over/under for offensive lineman TDs at 1.5. And taking the over.

I think Red Devil said it all right here.  PA starters will score a couple, then the second and third string (pieced together).  Then we will the the Seniors have some fun.  Might see a Sr lineman throw a pass into the end zone to another senior lineman.  You never know what to expect. 

I too wish Fair could get back to the team they once were.  Sad there isn't more fan support but those boys play their hearts out. 

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

Luke Jones scores on a jet sweep from the 2.   He's not just a tackle😃

Maynard G Krebs

2:45 left in 1st.  PA up 35-0.  Second team on the field.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2017, 07:41:35 pm
2:45 left in 1st.  PA up 35-0.  Second team on the field.

Congrats on your promotion to Asst.Coach  :D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 22, 2017, 07:47:33 pm
Congrats on your promotion to Asst.Coach  :D

Thanks.  It's the result of working harder than the other posters 😜

MDXPHD

P.F.G.

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 22, 2017, 07:56:56 pm
Thanks.  It's the result of working harder than the other posters 😜

Thought it was the recruiting!?!?!?

Maynard G Krebs

Maynard G Krebs

Fair players exhibit great sportsmanship.  Hats off to the Eagles

Maynard G Krebs

Yellowcake

I was on Fair's sideline. Those kids enjoyed the second half. They were elated when they scored, including a 65 yard scamper. They left the stadium feeling good by my observation.

Good kids who never quit. I hope they finish out the season continuing to improve each game. Their low numbers make it tough. Go Fair.

PA Bruin Fan

:)
Quote from: Yellowcake on September 22, 2017, 10:42:07 pm
I was on Fair's sideline. Those kids enjoyed the second half. They were elated when they scored, including a 65 yard scamper. They left the stadium feeling good by my observation.

Good kids who never quit. I hope they finish out the season continuing to improve each game. Their low numbers make it tough. Go Fair.

:)

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 22, 2017, 08:41:16 am
Looks like the over won.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas