• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russellville vs Benton

Started by ArkansasBoy, September 18, 2017, 10:14:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasBoy

Wildcat Football

Josiah Woodard will be a difference-maker this game for the Cyclones - he is the X-Factor.  He will be the best athlete on the field and will exploit holes in Benton Defense & Special Teams. It is a home game for Benton, so they will have to use advantage in making key 3rd down conversions on Offense and critical stops on defense.  Benton hasn't played well v. Russellville in past 2 games, so team should be motivated to get this win.  Again, Mr. Woodard will have a vote though....first conference game, so saddle 'em up! This one should be a Hooten's game of the week, or on East Side maybe the WM v. Marion game, that one will tell us some things too.  I will be watching El Dorado game this week but watching these 2 games closely online.

admorris24

Not so sure Woodard will be the best athlete on the field.  Zac Wallace the Benton RB may have a say in that.  Although, Woodard is an excellent athlete and football player.  Looking for a good game Friday night

Wildcat Football

Agree, RB Wallace is a beast, but Woodard plays both ways and will not come off the field very often like Wallace...that is the basis for my analysis.  If Wallace has a big game like he did v. Bryant and Greenbrier, then we can debate whether playing both ways is a sound strategy, but make no mistake Woodard will make some big plays this game.

ArkansasBoy

russellville played with a really good springdale team they have the talent to win alot but they have to learn to excute after the  1st half they play well the first half but they come out of halftime and dont play as good as they did in the first half but they always play somewhat good in the fourth quarter but its to late

admorris24

Well...  Woodard was about the 4th best player on the field tonight.  Benton rolls even after losing qb in 1Q.  Benton is getting better every week on defense. 

Oldbadger

admorris24

Looked like a knee injury from where I was sitting

ArkansasBoy

SouthPa

ArkansasBoy

ArkansasBoy

In my opinion number #3 for Russellville should have been quarterback whole game he had 3 offesenvise drives two ended in touchdowns

urban legend2

Was at this game...Benton will be tough for any team to deal with. Big, physical on both sides of the ball and they've got a lot of playmakers, not only at RB. The Wells kid came on after the starter got hurt and did a very good job. As for Russellville, I don't think they gave the ball to Woodard nearly enough. He's the kind of player that can do a lot of damage out in space. Talley came in and played well at QB when they're starter was struggling to complete anything beyond the line of scrimmage. The Cyclones aren't a bad team, but Weaver just has to decide which players give them the best chance to win. They aren't without talent.

admorris24

Also lost a DL to a torn ACL as well

jay nelvin

Quote from: admorris24 on September 22, 2017, 10:34:04 pm
Looked like a knee injury from where I was sitting
Confirmed ACL injury, surgery sometime this coming week.

admorris24

Well, Benton should get their sophomore QB back in next week or so from his broken collarbone.  Probably do not need him against Siloam this week.  Morrow was having a great year.  Benton will have to lean on Wallace as they ease Hudgins back in at QB.  Shoud be an interesting game when Texarkana comes to town in 2 weeks and then ED and Greenwood the following weeks.

Wildcat Football

OK, Woodard was not best athlete on field Friday, but still like this kid as one of the best in 6A.  Coaches need to put ball in his hands more in next few games and see the difference in his play-making abilities.  Russellville had a tough night, but they are much better than this game revealed.

admorris24

Just don't understand why they did not get him involved early and often last week.  That's poor coaching by RV.  An athlete like that, you have to get him 15-20 touch's not 5

ArkansasBoy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas