• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA vs Bald Knob

Started by Inigo Montoya, September 18, 2017, 09:33:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is going to win? Vota Vota Vota Amigos :)

HA
21 (58.3%)
BK
15 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 23, 2017, 02:24:12 am
Quote from: Skip Baymore on September 23, 2017, 12:04:16 am
It is going to be more about what H.A. does or doesn't do, more than what its going to be about what B.K does or doesn't do.   Enjoy the one point win over a slow, not great team.
[/quo 

You took this all wrong. Both teams have a long way to go. Neither team has a lot of speed. Neither team has an overpowering offense. Defense is about equal for each team. I said this would be a toss up game and it was.  BK will run into speed next week at Mayflower. HA will also meet some speed at Barton. By the way I had no dog in this fight. Did not matter one way or the other who won. Just hate to see people fuss about the coaches

I'm with you on almost all of this.  Its the first time Ive ever commented on coaching for anybody on here and usually don't like to see that.   I think B.K. has a decent defense but I also think most teams they play are going to put up as many or more point on them than H.A. did.   I actually am usually pulling for B.K. on a given Friday.

Williebe147

Quote from: panther07 on September 23, 2017, 05:34:21 am
2 and goal from 7. Qb scrambles. Player hits somebody chasing the qb hard right in the mouth. Side judge on HA sideline told coaches it was a "malicious hit." HA goes from 3 and 7 inside FG range to 2 and 30 for hitting a player too violently. To piggyback off something I saw in JC thread, officiating at this level is so spotty. On both sides more times than not.

Watch the video and you will see that you are dead wrong. Right in front of the camera and he hit him from behind. Could have been called a cheap shot. I t is all on film.

panther07

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 24, 2017, 12:25:06 am

Watch the video and you will see that you are dead wrong. Right in front of the camera and he hit him from behind. Could have been called a cheap shot. I t is all on film.

If I could find a way to put a photo on here, I'd do it for you. Have the hudl and screenshot ready to go. There's absolutely no way it's in the back. Cheap? Depends on what you call cheap. He's chasing the qb. Refs trying to make football "safer"? Maybe so.

Grayte88

Harding and Bald Knob will get beat by Mayflower if they only put up 13 -14 points in the game. That won't be close to enough points to beat the Eagles! Deon Simmons went for 350 yards rushing and 5 tds against Barton. He is the real deal!

panther07

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 24, 2017, 06:51:54 am
Harding and Bald Knob will get beat by Mayflower if they only put up 13 -14 points in the game. That won't be close to enough points to beat the Eagles! Deon Simmons went for 350 yards rushing and 5 tds against Barton. He is the real deal!

He is a very good player. No question about that.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 24, 2017, 06:51:54 am
The Eagles won't hold either to 13-14 points. The question will be whether their offense can score more than their defense gives up.  I understand turnovers prevented Barton from scoring even more than 36 the put on the scoreboard.

Williebe147

Quote from: panther07 on September 24, 2017, 05:35:09 am
If I could find a way to put a photo on here, I'd do it for you. Have the hudl and screenshot ready to go. There's absolutely no way it's in the back. Cheap? Depends on what you call cheap. He's chasing the qb. Refs trying to make football "safer"? Maybe so.

Both commentators said it would be a penalty for blocking in the back on live stream video. Was it your son who did it?

panther07

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 24, 2017, 05:08:25 pm
      Both commentators said it would be a penalty for blocking in the back on live stream video. Was it your son who did it?

I'm 26. However. Pm me your cell number and I'll text it to you

Old Ball Coach

I take an issue with your comment about last year's H.A. team being the worst in a decade. Losing the entire paid coach in May, losing a 3 year starter at QB, replacing all 5 offensive lineman, having one of the toughest non-conference schedules in school history and going as far in the playoffs as the 2013 and 2014 team was quite an accomplishment for last year's team. The also waxed Heber by a couple of TDs last year. Finished second in the conference and held a 9-0 lead heading into the fourth quarter vs Newport. I'd say last year's team held it's own considering those circumstances!

Grayte88

It's would be really tight but BK or HA isnt scoring enough points to stay with Mayflower. HA has the best chance of beating the Eagles with the passing game but will have to score alot! Mayflower is averaging about 50 points a game and that's while sitting the starters in 3 of the second halves of 4 games. They put up over 400 yards rushing against Barton and 2 TDs called back on penalties. Don't take Barton too lightly, they aren't bad, just turned it over 3 or 4 times and let the game get out of hand. I see that Cedar Ridge has been putting points on the board but I don't know much about them?

Grayte88

Quote from: panther07 on September 24, 2017, 09:07:45 am
He is a very good player. No question about that.
Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 24, 2017, 02:28:14 pm
The Eagles won't hold either to 13-14 points. The question will be whether their offense can score more than their defense gives up.  I understand turnovers prevented Barton from scoring even more than 36 the put on the scoreboard.

That is true but they couldn't stop Mayflower at all. It was 34-14 at the half so then again alot of backups were playing in the second half and Barton has a pretty good team.  Barton was averaging close to 50 coming in..

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 26, 2017, 08:13:49 pm
It's would be really tight but BK or HA isnt scoring enough points to stay with Mayflower. HA has the best chance of beating the Eagles with the passing game but will have to score alot! Mayflower is averaging about 50 points a game and that's while sitting the starters in 3 of the second halves of 4 games. They put up over 400 yards rushing against Barton and 2 TDs called back on penalties. Don't take Barton too lightly, they aren't bad, just turned it over 3 or 4 times and let the game get out of hand. I see that Cedar Ridge has been putting points on the board but I don't know much about them?
I'm assuming that Mayflower should be a decent team, but so far the teams they have played are marginal at best. I know the twins are good in open field, but BK handled them last year with ease and I see no reason to expect anything different this year. I would suspect Cedar Ridge and Mayflower will be battling for the 3/4 seeds of the conference, with Mayflower likely pulling out the 3 seed. Take a look at the murderers row that Mayflower has beaten so far this year (sarcasm) and it's more hype than substance. The sad reality is I don't think any team from the 2-3A is poised to make a big run in the playoffs after seeing the front runners play each other this past Friday night.

Wildcat

Quote from: Williebe147 on September 24, 2017, 05:08:25 pm

The penalty was for malicious hit

jacosportsfreak

September 27, 2017, 09:54:42 pm #63 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:04:15 pm by jacosportsfreak
Was it a malicious hit?

HogRider12

BK sure didn't handle the twins with ease tonight, Deon simmons 27 carries 263 yards, 4 TD, Keon simmons 8 rush 185 yards, 2TD. Meshach cole 7 rec, 143 receiving yards and a TD. Mayflower's defense held BK to 14 points. Mayflower will win out in conference, and have a first round buy and have a cupcake 2nd round. We will see what happens.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: HogRider12 on September 29, 2017, 11:15:20 pm
BK sure didn't handle the twins with ease tonight, Deon simmons 27 carries 263 yards, 4 TD, Keon simmons 8 rush 185 yards, 2TD. Meshach cole 7 rec, 143 receiving yards and a TD. Mayflower's defense held BK to 14 points. Mayflower will win out in conference, and have a first round buy and have a cupcake 2nd round. We will see what happens.
Mayflower was the better team BY FAR!! The score could've been a lot worse than what it was.  BK got almost all the breaks in officiating and turnovers and still got blasted out of their own stadium!

Grayte88

Quote from: FNLsupporter on September 26, 2017, 09:40:22 pm
I'm assuming that Mayflower should be a decent team, but so far the teams they have played are marginal at best. I know the twins are good in open field, but BK handled them last year with ease and I see no reason to expect anything different this year. I would suspect Cedar Ridge and Mayflower will be battling for the 3/4 seeds of the conference, with Mayflower likely pulling out the 3 seed. Take a look at the murderers row that Mayflower has beaten so far this year (sarcasm) and it's more hype than substance. The sad reality is I don't think any team from the 2-3A is poised to make a big run in the playoffs after seeing the front runners play each other this past Friday night.
Did tonight change your mind about the Eagles? The twins are really good and the defense is stout against the run . I said 14 points wasnt going to do it, lol.. jk

HogRider12

a few TD's came from running straight up the gut and making people look stupid, breaking tackles, juking them out of their shoes.  O-line did really well. #33 held #7 tonight really well. kept him away from the ball. QB did not get sacked once tonight, 10-20 161 yards 1TD. Fun team to watch.

FNLsupporter

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 29, 2017, 11:26:03 pm
Did tonight change your mind about the Eagles? The twins are really good and the defense is stout against the run . I said 14 points wasnt going to do it, lol.. jk
Most definitely underestimated you guys! Very impressed!

FNLsupporter

Quote from: HogRider12 on September 29, 2017, 11:30:54 pm
a few TD's came from running straight up the gut and making people look stupid, breaking tackles, juking them out of their shoes.  O-line did really well. #33 held #7 tonight really well. kept him away from the ball. QB did not get sacked once tonight, 10-20 161 yards 1TD. Fun team to watch.
Mayflower did everything you guys said they could do.  I got nothing for a rebuttal. Mayflower played smart and ran away from #7 most of the night and if they did run to his side, they had 2 or 3 blockers on him. I was equally impressed with Mayflower'scored defense. Even though BK isn't an offensive juggernaut, Mayflower was ready for anything BK threw at them!

Williebe147

Quote from: FNLsupporter on September 30, 2017, 02:21:03 am
Mayflower did everything you guys said they could do.  I got nothing for a rebuttal. Mayflower played smart and ran away from #7 most of the night and if they did run to his side, they had 2 or 3 blockers on him. I was equally impressed with Mayflower'scored defense. Even though BK isn't an offensive juggernaut, Mayflower was ready for anything BK threw at them!

No one in 2-3A is even close to MF. Speed will win a lot of games for them plus their defense is more than adequate to stop all teams in conference. Barton has come forward as the 2nd team to beat/ I think no one will be able to beat the Bears from here on out.

Lions84

October 02, 2017, 09:34:11 am #71 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:48:22 am by Lions84
Tough Loss for HA.

BigLion10

Redwolves8526

sprained ankle

Wasn't this game over 2 weeks ago and Bald knob won 14-13 and then  BK and HA both lost the following Friday night?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 02, 2017, 10:44:11 am
Wasn't this game over 2 weeks ago and Bald knob won 14-13 and then  BK and HA both lost the following Friday night?
That's right. So, it might be time to let this thread rest and focus on week 6.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas