• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about the Barton Bears? 3-0

Started by AmericanVandal1987, September 17, 2017, 10:23:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanVandal1987

Barton Bears are 3-0, something's going right in Lexa, AR.

Harding Academy - 2-1

Bald Knob - 1-2

Looks as if the Bears could be a front runner this year.

Grayte88

Barton has played three 2A teams if I'm not mistaken. They have a tough match this weekend going to Mayflower (3-0). It should be a good game but the Eagles probably win by a couple of touchdowns. The Eagle offense is really good and Langrell has them playing very good football. I'm looking forward to the game!

AmericanVandal1987

Compared to last year, I can see Barton really giving Mayflower a run for their money. It will definitely be an offensive battle. I don't see Mayflowers defense being able to stop Barton easily. Barton's secondary will have to be ready at all times.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Grayte88 on September 17, 2017, 10:57:38 am
Barton has played three 2A teams if I'm not mistaken. They have a tough match this weekend going to Mayflower (3-0). It should be a good game but the Eagles probably win by a couple of touchdowns. The Eagle offense is really good and Langrell has them playing very good football. I'm looking forward to the game!
That's correct G88. So, that 3-0 record means little. Since the Bears don't have home cookin' against Mayflower, the Eagles soar.

By the way, MF's 3-0 includes a win over a decent 3A team and a 4A squad. HA is 1-1 against 4A competition and 1-0 against 3A. The Bears have faced neither.

Barton will make the playoffs but finish no higher than third.

Paperman

This should be a good game for a half! I don't think the Bears wi be able to contain the Eagles for the entire game! I say 28-16 Eagles!

Grayte88

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on September 17, 2017, 11:57:26 am
Compared to last year, I can see Barton really giving Mayflower a run for their money. It will definitely be an offensive battle. I don't see Mayflowers defense being able to stop Barton easily. Barton's secondary will have to be ready at all times.
Mayflower is also returning 7 starters on defense from last year, I'm not saying that shut Barton down but they are also pretty good. Mayflower runs the ball really well! Deon Simmons made all state last year as a sophomore and his brother is just as good. They will be a nightmare for Barton. The game last year at Barton was a great one 44-42 Mayflower won.. This year's team is way better!

Lions84

Good to see the Bears back doing good.

Monsta

How About Barton Makes A Trip To The South in Dragon Territory and See Just How Good They Are!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 11:48:26 am
How About Barton Makes A Trip To The South in Dragon Territory and See Just How Good They Are!!!
Unnecessary, even if the Dragons were as good as their fans think they are. A trip to Mayflower will suffice to bring dreams of bringing back the glory days of Barton's past to a screeching halt.

Monsta

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 18, 2017, 12:01:56 pm
Unnecessary, even if the Dragons were as good as their fans think they are. A trip to Mayflower will suffice to bring dreams of bringing back the glory days of Barton's past to a screeching halt.
Times Have Changed Old Timer, Their Is A New Sheriff In Town By The Name Of Junction City

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 12:05:07 pm
Times Have Changed Old Timer, Their Is A New Sheriff In Town By The Name Of Junction City
Until they go skulking back to 2A with their tail between their legs.

Bwana

I'll say Mayflower in a mercy rule before it's over..

RoadWarrior

September 19, 2017, 07:07:02 am #12 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 07:09:33 am by RoadWarrior
I hear Barton has a mostly senior team. Jr Athlete #25 went down the road to 4A Helena and tore them up this summer. Good squad but I think their lack of numbers will be their downfall

AmericanVandal1987

Wow  :D, Hooten's has Barton beating Mayflower by 1. I am interested to see how this game will play out. As Hooten's states, both teams have speed and their offenses have been unstoppable. I can see an upset in the making Friday Night.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on September 19, 2017, 08:00:09 pm
Wow  :D, Hooten's has Barton beating Mayflower by 1. I am interested to see how this game will play out. As Hooten's states, both teams have speed and their offenses have been unstoppable. I can see an upset in the making Friday Night.
No upset for Mayflower to beat Barton. Hootens had Harding by 6 over Heber Springs. Look how that turned out.

AmericanVandal1987

True, but Harding Academy has had a tough year so far and isn't built up to what they usually are. Mayflower hasn't been hit in the mouth yet and Barton could be the people to do it. Would love to see the Bears rise up again and go 4-0. That program has needed it for a while!

Grayte88

Barton hasn't played anyone that could punch them in the mouth but it's coming Friday. Barton being favored by 1 at Mayflower shows that Hootens is just flipping coins. Mayflower beat Barton last year on the road and returns the same team a year older and our now underdogs at home.. That's silly lol

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 12:05:07 pm
Man I hate getting old, I've been thinking for almost a year Preskitt was the new sheriff. So may of the people on here are blind homers tooting their own horns I get confused.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

CoolBreeze

I thought this thread was about Barton.

AmericanVandal1987

It is about Barton. It's okay. If you look at stats, Barton has a stout backfield. At least three running backs that can run the ball with confidence. Mayflower has two running backs that can, yes, run the ball, but if wrapped up, will go down with ease. Mayflower has passed against poor defenses and has not faced one single confident DB. The quarterback will have some trouble Friday Night. Now, Mayflower is talented, but I believe that Barton is returning with a seasoned backfield, new staff, and stellar Defense. We will see how Mayflower reacts to adversity.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on September 20, 2017, 07:55:41 pm
It is about Barton. It's okay. If you look at stats, Barton has a stout backfield. At least three running backs that can run the ball with confidence. Mayflower has two running backs that can, yes, run the ball, but if wrapped up, will go down with ease. Mayflower has passed against poor defenses and has not faced one single confident DB. The quarterback will have some trouble Friday Night. Now, Mayflower is talented, but I believe that Barton is returning with a seasoned backfield, new staff, and stellar Defense. We will see how Mayflower reacts to adversity.
Not this week.

baseball13

Skip Baymore

Barton always starts 2-1 or 3-0.  Even when they havent had a real good team.  Beating Hazen as well as Piggott did is prob a better indicator than the 3-0 this particular year.   Barton probably has its best team in the last 3 or 4 years but I think Mayflower takes this one. 

Bwana

eaglecd

Bwana

Thank you.. Keep us updated if you can..

eaglecd

Barton has a good looking team. Just cant hang on to the ball. They are having a hard time containing the Simmons Twins!

eaglecd

Barton runs kickoff back!  34-22 mayflower.

eaglecd

eaglecd

eaglecd

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AmericanVandal1987 on September 17, 2017, 10:23:20 am
Barton Bears are 3-0, something's going right in Lexa, AR.

Harding Academy - 2-1

Bald Knob - 1-2

Looks as if the Bears could be a front runner this year.
Ever start a thread and wish you could take it back?

CoolBreeze

How about those 3-0 Bears? Not a lot of adversity for the Eagles tonight.

AmericanVandal1987

No, wouldn't say I would take it back. Was a great football game. 55-35 against the #4 team. HA and Bald Knob won't be able to contain Barton's run. Take away the fumbles Barton had, they easily gave Mayflower a run for their money. I think Mayflower was glad to get out of there. Wasn't an easy win. Mayflower is a great team and I think both are looking at great seasons this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas