• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McGehee Owls @ Junction City Dragons

Started by dragondad, September 16, 2017, 12:29:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

That was probably the most classless thing I've heard over a PA system.

Dragon I

You must have me confused PB.  I'm a realist.

thabeast428

THA TRUTH

Reminded the owls they just had 64 put on em

thabeast428

Oh dang he needs to keep his mouth shut other than calling play by play. But then again yea Jc did run their mouth and got one personal foul but it's really bad when mcgehee got 3 called in same possession all towards Frazier so id say they got pretty even when all said and done. Good offense for both teams. Mcgehee will be hard to handle come playoffs as well as Jc

WHITEchicken

Wait what the heck happened at this one? Jc announcer said something, brewer? How did Mcgehee get hosed?

thabeast428

Brewer isnt announcing anymore. The part about getting hosed wasn't that bad. Just a dirty game from both teams if anything

Dragon I

You would have to be completely naive to believe there wasn't a heavy home field bias in this game.

thabeast428

Tell me then bc I didn't see any bad calls at least not towards just one team

thabeast428

September 22, 2017, 10:42:56 pm #109 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:01:25 pm by thabeast428
Your also the same one that said red roof bbq is better than previous owner which is wrong other than the steaks of course. You must be naive to think that. Heck McDonald's bbq is better than red roof bbq.

Longfellow

Quote from: thabeast428 on September 22, 2017, 10:42:56 pm
Your also the same one that said red roof bbq is better than previous owner wich is wrong other than the steaks of course. You must be naive to think that. Heck McDonald's bbq is better than red roof bbq.
I would correct the grammar and spelling in this, but I don't think any of us have that kind of time

Dragon I

Kid called for a fair catch on the PR TD.  What should have been an Owl TD was blown dead by the official across the field after the kid breaks away and was never down.  18 should have got a PF at the beginning of the game twice but the head official lead him to the sideline both times.  Putting someone in the headlock and slinging them down after the play will get you 15 by a competent crew all day.  Only got 1 PI call.  Should have easily been 5.  7 got pushed in the back three other times when he had his man beat with the ball in the air.  3 was covered and shouldn't have been eligible on the JC 2 Pt in the fourth.  That's just a few though.  Not counting all the times we wouldn't be set and would snap the ball.  Good win JC.  I think they would have won regardless.  The Owls didn't help themselves with all of the stupid penalties they did actually commit.  You won't beat a good team when your best player loses it like he did tonight.

thabeast428

September 22, 2017, 11:08:38 pm #112 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:17:42 pm by thabeast428
Oh whatever, we did get a personal foul when he threw the mcgehee player down.Also the pi call was legit, but Idk bout the other 3 your talking about.Seems like ur jealous of someone or something that all u found was bad calls against mcgehee. I guess Jc didn't have any bad calls thrown towards them? Maybe he did call fair catch who knows but what about the fumble recovery Jc got but they still gave it to mcgehee, oh and what about when Taylor was down and they called it a fumble? I'm sure there was plenty of missed calls but can't say it was one sided calls

THA TRUTH

panther07

thabeast428

Sure looked like he was down but it doesn't matter now I don't guess. I went back and watched it on DSN and it was hard to tell

THA TRUTH

thabeast428

I bet they threw for around 125 to 150. But not sure

bleudog

THA TRUTH

Quote from: thabeast428 on September 22, 2017, 11:23:49 pm
Sure looked like he was down but it doesn't matter now I don't guess. I went back and watched it on DSN and it was hard to tell

The way the coaches reacted also makes it seem as if it was a a for sure fumble

thabeast428

Oh ok I was close lol. I know Taylor had around 260 4 tds on like 24 carries I believe

AMHER63

Officiating is terrible wherever you go when its at this level.  It doesn't matter if you are the home team or the visitor its going to be terrible and sometimes it goes one way.  Good teams make their own breaks, big win tonight for the Dragons I new this would be a tough game the owls were very scrappy last year. 

dragondad

September 22, 2017, 11:56:44 pm #122 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:27:05 am by dragondad
There were bad/missed calls on both sides.... expected that when I seen who was wearing the white hat. There was smack talk on both sides as well.  Here's what I did see b ecaue it was right in front of me.  Same player #8 for the Owls,  three flagrant penalties in 5 plays,  one LATE hit out of bounds where he slung the JC quarterback down, the commenced to taunting him and others... very next play he two hand face masked the JC QB.... then two plays later he face masked the Jc QB to the extent he ripped his helmet off and threw it.  Talk between refs and coaches, and the kid was voluntarily benched, not ejected.

thabeast428

Oh yea I forgot Frazier got a personal foul after that Touchdown when he stood over that player that was on the ground and told him something lol. Well earned penalty considering that was right after Frazier took big hit out of bounds and two facemask, one pulling his helmet off. Oh since we wanna say refs were one siding they also missed some false starts on mcgehee but didn't call them. Also they made up for that fair catch they missed that went for a Td by calling Davis back on the interception

bleudog

COACHemUP

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 22, 2017, 09:59:04 pm
Jc announcer should keep it a little more classy

I love it when the pot calls the kettle black...

amehr36

Quote from: AMHER63 on September 22, 2017, 11:38:33 pm
Officiating is terrible wherever you go when its at this level.  It doesn't matter if you are the home team or the visitor its going to be terrible and sometimes it goes one way.  Good teams make their own breaks, big win tonight for the Dragons I new this would be a tough game the owls were very scrappy last year. 
Nice to meet you...

Dragon I

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 23, 2017, 08:30:39 am

Internet tough guy is not the same thing as PA announcer at one of the top football programs in the state.  Especially someone that holds a position like he does in the community.  Act like you've been there before.

Nice try though.

bleudog

Quote from: AMHER63 on September 22, 2017, 11:38:33 pm

Quote from: amehr36 on September 23, 2017, 08:38:47 am
Nice to meet you...

I didn't notice the dyslexic number.  I was wondering where all your posts went.  ???

THA TRUTH

Quote from: COACHemUP on September 23, 2017, 08:30:39 am

I show respect to those who deserve it... no need to do what he did to a team that had been moving the ball and scoring at will especially after a Jc player just scored a two point and was taunting a player on the ground

thabeast428

Dragon I,sounds like ur upset about something? Maybe u should be the new PA announcer lol or the coach. You obviously have a grudge against someone. Yea what went on out there on the field ended up pretty equal at the end other than the score. So either get on the wagon and stay or jump off bc we don't need people like u that wants to bring up all the negative things Jc did last night but never mentioned what mcgehee did. So hope on there wagon if that's where u wanna be.

thabeast428

September 23, 2017, 09:54:11 am #131 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:59:05 am by thabeast428
Do u blame him? That was Frazier and he had every right to after just having his helmet ripped off his head, facemask before that and then the crap knocked out of him while out of bounds before that all in the same possession. But ur right the P.A. announcer didn't have to say what he did. And someone should have a talk with him about it.

THA TRUTH

i think the fact he just threw that kid to the ground was enough... but that doesn't change that Jc had been doing that the whole game and instigated the majority of it

thabeast428

I seen where jc threw the player down which got called and then the standing over the player on the ground got called. But other than that I didn't see anything but talk and couldn't hear that so can't say it was just Jc. Jc has a good team and they know they're good so they're gonna be cocky but maybe they went overboard with it, but without actually hearing everything was said u can't say it was jc starting it

THA TRUTH

I've seen it enough the last 2 years with this group and have never seen a D talk this much while giving up this many points

bleudog

September 23, 2017, 10:17:24 am #135 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:20:36 am by bleudog
Quote from: thabeast428 on September 22, 2017, 10:03:40 pm
What did he say?

"There is 64 points on the board"

In the background audio at about the 49 minute mark.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/108172898

Uncalled for from the booth.

Dragon I

No grudge at all.  Don't care about any wagons.  JC was instigating crap all night.  Two wrongs don't make it right.  Carpenter taught us "Show your class, not your @$$."  That was forgotten last night.  I'm certainly not qualified to coach.  I'm proud to have Coach Jones back.  I also have sense enough to look at the game without purple and gold glasses on, which is something that some of you are struggling with.  Hopefully it's all addressed this week. 

dragondad

Quote from: Dragon I on September 23, 2017, 08:43:30 am
Internet tough guy is not the same thing as PA announcer at one of the top football programs in the state.  Especially someone that holds a position like he does in the community.  Act like you've been there before.

Nice try though.

He's passionate just like the rest of us are, and loves these kids, and we all say things in the heat of the moment.  Hes probably sacrificed more time, tears, and money for the kids in this area than any of us.  Everyone makes mistakes, he's new at this, and going from a vested die hard fan to a neutral announcer probably isn't an easy transition.  You know who he is, on a personal level, so instead of continuing to smash him on here,  behind a screen name, why not call or message him....or go see him.   

thabeast428

Yea ur right I never seen a class act like this one either. I think a lot of it is they have a lot to prove to the haters saying they in 3a now and this and that. Last year left a bad taste in their mouth,so cant blame everything on the kids without knowing what was said by both teams on the field. Just bc it looks like trash talk doesnt mean it was only jc. And that being said there needs to be more leadership on the field to help cut out the unnecessary actions. But ur right I believe Jones and Smith will have that taking care of by Monday night.

dragondad

Quote from: Dragon I on September 23, 2017, 10:22:20 am
No grudge at all.  Don't care about any wagons.  JC was instigating crap all night.  Two wrongs don't make it right.  Carpenter taught us "Show your class, not your @$$."  That was forgotten last night.  I'm certainly not qualified to coach.  I'm proud to have Coach Jones back.  I also have sense enough to look at the game without purple and gold glasses on, which is something that some of you are struggling with.  Hopefully it's all addressed this week.

Come on, don't act like no one from JC has never talked trash or got heated on the field, or even instigated an altercation.   These are two groups of teenagers, testosterone, and a game that quite possibly decided conference champ early in the season.  Stuff happens,  no one knows what all was being said, and there was obviously taunting and smack coming from both sides. 

Proud Buckaroo

I wouldn't say it decided conference championship just yet. Lol.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 23, 2017, 10:51:48 am
I wouldn't say it decided conference championship just yet. Lol.

I didn't say it did,  I said quite possibly..... I've told them,  JC vs Smack is week 8 and a lot can happen by then, don't get ahead of yourselves.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dragondad on September 23, 2017, 10:49:24 am
Come on, don't act like no one from JC has never talked trash or got heated on the field, or even instigated an altercation.   These are two groups of teenagers, testosterone, and a game that quite possibly decided conference champ early in the season.  Stuff happens,  no one knows what all was being said, and there was obviously taunting and smack coming from both sides.

If u have watched a lot of dragon football u can tell the difference

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dragondad on September 23, 2017, 10:44:04 am
He's passionate just like the rest of us are, and loves these kids, and we all say things in the heat of the moment.  Hes probably sacrificed more time, tears, and money for the kids in this area than any of us.  Everyone makes mistakes, he's new at this, and going from a vested die hard fan to a neutral announcer probably isn't an easy transition.  You know who he is, on a personal level, so instead of continuing to smash him on here,  behind a screen name, why not call or message him....or go see him.

Either way it's done the message is sent

cuz

September 23, 2017, 01:00:58 pm #144 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:14:12 pm by cuz
I don't think the officiating was that one sided. JC instigated a lot of the mouthing that led to the PF's. This teams shows great promise but haven't showed much class.  Knock them down but help them up, make a great run but be humble looks like Coach Jones has his hands full....😏

Paperman

Man I'm glad no one cares about Junction Coty! Lol

dragondad

Quote from: Paperman on September 23, 2017, 05:40:31 pm
Man I'm glad no one cares about Junction Coty! Lol

You'd be hard pressed to find another thread for a team that's 4-0 And the last page and 1/2 is mostly just that teams fans calling out the faults of their own team.

JC Guy

I'm with TT on don't be talking if you are giving up that many points. Everyone remember Bell having to sit in the parking lot and listen to the championship game on the radio? If not I will refresh your memory. He got tossed the game before for what's going on now. For those who defend the actions that are going on I guess you would be fine with playing a big game with out our star players. When you hang 64 points on a team that does your talking for you. I personally have not seen our QB show that type of character before so I can see how maybe he got caught up in the heat of things but we have a few that should be leading by example and are well known to be trash talkers.

JC Guy

Quote from: dragondad on September 23, 2017, 06:49:14 pm
You'd be hard pressed to find another thread for a team that's 4-0 And the last page and 1/2 is mostly just that teams fans calling out the faults of their own team.
He cared enough that he clicked and read.

AMHER63

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas