• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad officiating

Started by Redzone, September 16, 2017, 08:43:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on September 19, 2017, 12:36:09 pm
Rivercrest is playing at Hughes one time. Hughes kicksoff, ball rolls into the endzone, they pick it up and ref calls touchdown. Hughes goes on win from that play. Rivercrest losing causes another team to be dropped from the playoff position and Hughes into the 4 slot. RedandGrey don't they end up playing for State Championship? If I'm not mistaken was Malzahn at the helm?
Hate to tell you but back then you had to get on a kickoff in to the end zone it was a live ball.

unleasheddad

Any other place the player would've been flagged for targeting and ejected. That wasn't even close to a legal hit.ozark and Lamar are the worst places for officials. You would think that the officials were employed by the district.😳

GBattack

Quote from: Longfellow on September 23, 2017, 12:19:19 am
Just because his helmet comes off and his face got cut doesn't mean it's targeting

I hope that's sarcasm... it should have been called targeting... his face was cut by the other guys helmet...meaning he was hit in the head hard by another players helmet...which ='s targeting.

Longfellow

Quote from: GBattack on September 23, 2017, 09:26:18 am
I hope that's sarcasm... it should have been called targeting... his face was cut by the other guys helmet...meaning he was hit in the head hard by another players helmet...which ='s targeting.
No. Helmet to helmet contact does no automatically mean targeting

gold45

Quote from: Longfellow on September 23, 2017, 12:19:19 am
Just because his helmet comes off and his face got cut doesn't mean it's targeting

When a player lowers his head and makes helmet to helmet contact with a defenseless player, THAT is targeting and should have been an ejection.  The ref that was standing right there watching it all who did nothing should be punished.  The protection of the players and the future of this game depend on making that call and trying to eliminate those kind of hits.  Anyone who wants to argue with me that it was a legal hit needs to go back and watch the film because the memory in your mind is incorrect.

Longfellow

Quote from: gold45 on September 23, 2017, 11:23:23 am
When a player lowers his head and makes helmet to helmet contact with a defenseless player, THAT is targeting and should have been an ejection.  The ref that was standing right there watching it all who did nothing should be punished.  The protection of the players and the future of this game depend on making that call and trying to eliminate those kind of hits.  Anyone who wants to argue with me that it was a legal hit needs to go back and watch the film because the memory in your mind is incorrect.
I'm well aware of the rule. No one specified whether or not the player was in a defenseless position, and even then it's still subjective to how the officials interpret the hit

gold45

Quote from: Longfellow on September 23, 2017, 11:26:54 am
I'm well aware of the rule. No one specified whether or not the player was in a defenseless position, and even then it's still subjective to how the officials interpret the hit

Which is why the Ozark/Charleston referees are mentioned repeatedly in this thread...BAD OFFICIATING

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: GBattack on September 23, 2017, 12:15:29 am
HIS FACE WAS CUT FRIM THE HIT!! So YES!! It should have been called!!

Maybe the other players helmet got him in the face after SMF's helmet came off.

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: TeeLee on September 22, 2017, 12:58:23 pm
And you know this because you've seen all his games and watched all the guys put their equipment on. I doubt it.  I also doubt that a helmet to "face mask" sounds the same as a helmet to helmet.

I went to a good few of the home games + the Mansfield game. So yes, I have seen his helmet come off a few times. Not even from hard hits either, just coming off in the middle of a play.

I'm a Charleston fan, but at the same time I'm not gonna scream penalty when one of our players get rocked. Hard hits are just a part of football. Trust me, If I felt that the hit warranted for a penalty, I'd be giving the refs an ear full.

TeeLee

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 23, 2017, 06:08:23 pm
I went to a good few of the home games + the Mansfield game. So yes, I have seen his helmet come off a few times. Not even from hard hits either, just coming off in the middle of a play.

I'm a Charleston fan, but at the same time I'm not gonna scream penalty when one of our players get rocked. Hard hits are just a part of football. Trust me, If I felt that the hit warranted for a penalty, I'd be giving the refs an ear full.

First let me say I'm not opposed to good hard hitting football unless there is intent to injure an apposing player.  If you can explain to me how a players helmet can be knocked 10 to 20 yds. back from point of impact without being a head and neck hit, I'll not even think about it again. 

Rulesman

You'd be surprised how many helmets are not secured as they should be. Usually it's the same player(s) over and over.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas