• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prescott vs. Centerpoint

Started by WorkOrder, September 16, 2017, 01:50:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkOrder

September 16, 2017, 01:50:00 am Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:54:58 am by WorkOrder
1st conference game of the year!! Wolves look to go 19-0, longest winning streak in state. Both teams are 3-0 so far this year. Can Centerpoint pull the upset? I think not, taking the Wolves by 28+.

snoopy22

Both teams 3 and 0.  Should be a big venue at Prescott for this conference opener.

jay nelvin

Got to watch my Curley Wolves last night at Hope, and they are, IMO, going to get better each Friday.  This team has the potential to be better than last year.

CHSKnightsFan

Centerpoints starting QB is suspended for most of this game. Got tossed at the beginning of the third quarter against Mineral Springs for "throwing a punch." What actually happened was that he was punting the ball and he was run into after the punt. After being ran into he one arm shoves the player off of him and the ref calls it a punch. Centerpoints head coach was tossed too for arguing the ejection.

HORNET-MAN

September 16, 2017, 10:48:17 am #4 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:34:56 pm by HORNET-MAN
With or without the Knights starting QB.. Wolves Roll (Mercy Rule)

FBGFDRUM

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 16, 2017, 01:50:00 am
1st conference game of the year!! Wolves look to go 19-0, longest winning streak in state. Both teams are 3-0 so far this year. Can Centerpoint pull the upset? I think not, taking the Wolves by 28+.

Hate to break it to you, but Charleston still has you beat for the longest streak (29-0), and even then I'm not sure it's the longest in the state.

NewRecruit

From what I have heard, you can't go to Mineral Springs and expect refs there to be fair. (Coming from Dierks, Foreman, and Murfreesboro!) Regardless, whether or not the qurterback and coach were a part of the game against Prescott it may not make a difference, but if I am trying to make a run at another title I want everybody to give their best shot because mercy rule games will not help. Also, refs know the results of throwing a player and coach out of a game and our beloved AAA don't care and continue to license power tripping guys who can't get what they want at home so they take it out on someone on the field and sit back and laugh at it. There needs to be an appeal process and revoke licenses to those refs in the wrong and fine them!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: FBGFDRUM on September 16, 2017, 11:02:54 am

Hate to break it to you, but Charleston still has you beat for the longest streak (29-0), and even then I'm not sure it's the longest in the state.

He's talking about currently.....Good one though.

jay nelvin

He was talking about the current streak.  Barton, I think, owns the State record.

CoolBreeze

Duh! Of course, Prescott has the longest active win streak. They're the only playoff team who finished last season with a win.

I will be a rare situation when the defending state champion does not have the longest active win streak.

Markadomous

Yes Barton has state record. 63 I believe. Ended in 1990 title game against Rison

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: NewRecruit on September 16, 2017, 11:19:26 am
From what I have heard, you can't go to Mineral Springs and expect refs there to be fair. (Coming from Dierks, Foreman, and Murfreesboro!) Regardless, whether or not the qurterback and coach were a part of the game against Prescott it may not make a difference, but if I am trying to make a run at another title I want everybody to give their best shot because mercy rule games will not help. Also, refs know the results of throwing a player and coach out of a game and our beloved AAA don't care and continue to license power tripping guys who can't get what they want at home so they take it out on someone on the field and sit back and laugh at it. There needs to be an appeal process and revoke licenses to those refs in the wrong and fine them!
There is a appeal process we had a kid  tossed a few years ago in Mineral Springs
We appealed  and lost.Most of the time AAA will uphold the ejection..There were bad calls on both sides last night no home cooking just poor Refs.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on September 16, 2017, 11:48:00 am
There is a appeal process we had a kid  tossed a few years ago in Mineral Springs
We appealed  and lost.Most of the time AAA will uphold the ejection..There were bad calls on both sides last night no home cooking just poor Refs.
People are prone to notice only the bad calls which go against their preferred team.

HeadBussa08

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 16, 2017, 11:55:58 am
People are prone to notice only the bad calls which go against their preferred team.
+1

CHSKnightsFan

September 16, 2017, 12:59:52 pm #15 Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:48:21 pm by CHSKnightsFan
Prescott would be highly favored with or without our starting QB and head coach. I still would like to have our strongest team ready to go so he can get bigger game experience etc.

Proud Buckaroo

If they didn't have their QB. Muldrow would probably go in the wildcat and just run the ball. Don't forget though he used to be Gurdon QB.

dawg_days

Can anyone stop Prescott? Wolves by 24

NewRecruit

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 16, 2017, 11:55:58 am
Bad calls are a part of every game, and in most cases don't turn the game in one team or the other teams favor. Regardless, I think all refs need to be held accountable for their actions as well. AAA needs to allow appeal processes and not be one sided. If the facts are against "their" refs they need to own it and do something about it. If a coach has video evidence truly take it into account.

WorkOrder

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 16, 2017, 11:29:31 am
Duh! Of course, Prescott has the longest active win streak. They're the only playoff team who finished last season with a win.

I will be a rare situation when the defending state champion does not have the longest active win streak.

In all classifications.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: dawg_days on September 16, 2017, 02:29:15 pm
There may be someone who can stop the Wolves, but it won't be Centerpoint.

The point differential seems about right.

Paperman

Knights get the upset win! Well, somebody had to go against Press-kit!

KOJACK

Centerpoint could be in for a long Knight(actually it may be quick)  ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: KOJACK on September 17, 2017, 10:28:31 am
Centerpoint could be in for a long Knight(actually it may be quick)  ;D
Kojack are you predicting a running clock by half-time?

Longfellow

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 17, 2017, 01:28:19 pm
Kojack are you predicting a running clock by half-time?
Well, duh. If the clock doesn't run at halftime, how do you know when the 3rd quarter starts?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Longfellow on September 17, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
Well, duh. If the clock doesn't run at halftime, how do you know when the 3rd quarter starts?
Methinks there's a weisenheimer in our midst. I think everyone, including Longfellow, understood that I was referring to the Mercy Rule.

KOJACK

Quote from: Longfellow on September 17, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
Nope...it'll be mid 3rd quarter

maytag

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on September 16, 2017, 11:48:00 am
i don't know all the details but there were two teams of referees that showed up to call the game.  The first ones seen in the locker room getting ready were not the ones that stayed and called the game.    Not sure what the mix up was but it continued thru out the game       

Stinger

Two crews showed because the old staff could not even get that part of their jobs right. Four touchdowns called back against Hornets so there was no home cooking

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dawg_days on September 16, 2017, 02:29:15 pm
Evidently only their line coach at 1:30 A.M. lol.

WorkOrder

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on September 18, 2017, 10:41:29 am
Evidently only their line coach at 1:30 A.M. lol.
Another good laugh. Maybe you should go into standup comedy.

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 18, 2017, 11:42:05 am
Another good laugh. Maybe you should go into standup comedy.
Doesn't that require standing up???

CoolBreeze

Monsta

WorkOrder

Monsta

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 12:05:48 pm
Ptown Till Be Beat This Season Mark My Words
Will?

By whom? Considering Glen Rose's struggles, so far, I'd say it's unlikely. At least, until deep in the playoffs. Then, perhaps, Chuck, 'Crest, or Junction City, if they're half as good as their fans think they are.

KOJACK

Quote from: Monsta on September 18, 2017, 12:05:48 pm
Ptown Till Be Beat This Season Mark My Words
Ain't there enough threads about Junction? Everywhere I look you're there. Be careful what you wish for...

maytag

Quote from: Stinger on September 18, 2017, 07:50:39 am
Two crews showed because the old staff could not even get that part of their jobs right. Four touchdowns called back against Hornets so there was no home cooking
didnt say anything about home cooking you brought that up

dragondad

Quote from: KOJACK on September 18, 2017, 12:42:10 pm
Ain't there enough threads about Junction? Everywhere I look you're there. Be careful what you wish for...

Not sure how his comment makes this thread, or his comment, about JC.

PS:  there's only one active non-game thread about JC, and it's mostly just articles and updates that Bleu posts for those of us interested.  All others recent threads are game threads.

I don't see anyone in Prescotts conference giving them a challenge this season.  They'll likely dominate their opponents until the post season begins.

Skip Baymore

September 19, 2017, 12:22:23 am #41 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:29:48 am by Skip Baymore

If you are like 4 years old I have no issue with this statement.  But you haven't really broken any news on here.  Prescott should add another this week.

KOJACK

Quote from: dragondad on September 18, 2017, 11:06:46 pm
Not sure how his comment makes this thread, or his comment, about JC.

PS:  there's only one active non-game thread about JC, and it's mostly just articles and updates that Bleu posts for those of us interested.  All others recent threads are game threads.

I don't see anyone in Prescotts conference giving them a challenge this season.  They'll likely dominate their opponents until the post season begins.
As should Junction

Mike Bonds

Prescott is the heavy favorite in this one, QB suspensions or not.  A Curley Wolf victory will surprise no one, or really diminish what Centerpoint's done so far even if Prescott wins by a considerable margin.

Fans in Glenwood, Amity, and Rosboro have a lot more to cheer about recently than they did back in the early 2000's when the Knights were just getting off the ground.

big lefty

Maynard G Krebs

PrivateLesson

Go Curlywolves!    They seem to have knack for always being at WMS. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 21, 2017, 10:16:08 am
Go Curlywolves!    They seem to have knack for always being at WMS.
Say what? How many championships does Prescott have in the last 10 years? Last year was their first visit to WMS since before 2010.

That statement would better fit Charleston, Harding Academy, or Rivercrest, all of which have more recent appearances in the finals that the Wolves.

KOJACK

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 21, 2017, 10:46:48 am
Say what? How many championships does Prescott have in the last 10 years? Last year was their first visit to WMS since before 2010.

That statement would better fit Charleston, Harding Academy, or Rivercrest, all of which have more recent appearances in the finals that the Wolves.
We ain't a fad...we are tradition. Don't know about 2 of the 3 you mentioned above.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on September 21, 2017, 10:46:48 am

Prescott has played in 10 State Championships winning 5 but their knack is playing in Semifinal's playing in 18 and averaging a semifinal appearance every 3 years since 1970. Prescott has been a force since the start of the playoffs in 1969 and no other team you mentioned can say that but their good programs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas