• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA......

Started by Yellowcake, September 16, 2017, 01:14:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

Unbeatable? No
Extremely good? Without a doubt
Even with a sophomore by committee backfield.
Salty salty bunch of kids

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 16, 2017, 01:14:39 am
Unbeatable? No
Extremely good? Without a doubt
Even with a sophomore by committee backfield.
Salty salty bunch of kids

Agree.  Speaking of sophomores, I counted 25 on the roster. 

JessieP

Wow, if that was a fight they would have stopped it. Missing 2 stars didn't account for that. I thought it was merciful when the PA coaches were asking the student section if anyone wanted to suit-up before the 4th quarter started.  Was the team they were playing a powerhouse? no. Would that team be a Arkansas 5A playoff team? yes.

Rick Swines

Pa will mercy rule every 5a team this year. May be the most talented 5a team in arkansas history this season.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 17, 2017, 09:14:13 pm
Pa will mercy rule every 5a team this year. May be the most talented 5a team in arkansas history this season.

Most talented team in 5A history? That's not true I don't think. But they might very well mercy rule the 5A schools.

Red Devil Alum

I don't think it's the most talented PA team in recent seasons.

Lumberjackfan1978

Very talented and well coached team will repeat as 5a champions would probably win 6a to.

PA Dad

I don't think so.  The 2011 PA team was much more talented.

Freight Train

Best team is when Hunter Henry was a junior and Knighten was a senior. That PA team was incredible.

PA Dad

Quote from: Freight Train on September 17, 2017, 10:08:45 pm
Best team is when Hunter Henry was a junior and Knighten was a senior. That PA team was incredible.

You're right.  That was 2011.

Rick Swines

I agree 2011 was the most talented.  I forgot about that squad but this years team may be as dominant bc of the lack of great 5a teams

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 18, 2017, 08:16:12 am
I agree 2011 was the most talented.  I forgot about that squad but this years team may be as dominant bc of the lack of great 5a teams

You do have that right. The 5A as a whole is terribly down this season I think. Mix that with a normal PA team with a qb who has so much experience in the system, that's just a formula for success. They will win it easily.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 18, 2017, 08:33:37 am
You do have that right. The 5A as a whole is terribly down this season I think. Mix that with a normal PA team with a qb who has so much experience in the system, that's just a formula for success. They will win it easily.

I think you're trying to jinx us!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2017, 10:36:59 am
I think you're trying to jinx us!

yes, we need to get the target moved back to Wynne  :D

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on September 17, 2017, 10:10:49 pm
You're right.  That was 2011.
Crazy thing was that PA was 4A that year too. What a loaded roster that was.

Overdahill

that was a loaded roster for sure  :)

Complete Biased PoV

September 18, 2017, 04:32:52 pm #16 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 04:34:26 pm by Complete Biased PoV
http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2017/project_matchup1_new.pl

Interesting toy to play with when comparing teams.

tmycjy

P.A. Is beatable there one that u can't beat and that the man up stairs :)

Overdahill

Quote from: tmycjy on September 18, 2017, 05:36:43 pm

Amen!

JessieP

Quote from: tmycjy on September 18, 2017, 05:36:43 pm

Oh, you mean Maynard. Does he sit in the coaches box? I do like how PA opens every game with a prayer. I don't mean to sound judgmental or cynical but I have a hard time believing Bishop Gorman does it.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 18, 2017, 07:51:14 pm
Oh, you mean Maynard. Does he sit in the coaches box? I do like how PA opens every game with a prayer. I don't mean to sound judgmental or cynical but I have a hard time believing Bishop Gorman does it.

I do sometimes visit PA Pressbox (IMO, best announcer around) from time to time, but have not graduated to the lofty position of the coach's box. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 18, 2017, 09:10:42 pm
I do sometimes visit PA Pressbox (IMO, best announcer around) from time to time, but have not graduated to the lofty position of the coach's box.

I don't see why coach doesn't let you call the plays after halftime.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 18, 2017, 09:13:12 pm
I don't see why coach doesn't let you call the plays after halftime.

That could prove catastrophic. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 18, 2017, 09:28:01 pm
That could prove catastrophic.

Even you could win with how much better PA is than the competition this season!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 18, 2017, 09:38:57 pm
Even you could win with how much better PA is than the competition this season!

I appreciate your confidence in me😀

Grond

As many of you know, I have defended Pulaski Academy in many threads. In my heart, I still believe you guys are a brilliantly coached 4A school.

But I believe it is time for PA to move up to 6A in football.

Has any Arkansas 5A team come close to beating you guys in the past 3 years? At some point, the mathematical argument [championships] becomes overwhelming.

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on September 18, 2017, 10:29:29 pm
As many of you know, I have defended Pulaski Academy in many threads. In my heart, I still believe you guys are a brilliantly coached 4A school.

But I believe it is time for PA to move up to 6A in football.

Has any Arkansas 5A team come close to beating you guys in the past 3 years? At some point, the mathematical argument [championships] becomes overwhelming.

I agree, and I have said so for the last year.  I want to see PA challenged.  While Kelley seeks the best OOC competition he can find, I'd like to see what PA can do versus the best teams in Arkansas.  The series with Harber starting next year will tell us a lot.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 18, 2017, 09:41:57 pm
I appreciate your confidence in me😀
we all have confidence in you

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2017, 10:38:49 pm
I agree, and I have said so for the last year.  I want to see PA challenged.  While Kelley seeks the best OOC competition he can find, I'd like to see what PA can do versus the best teams in Arkansas.  The series with Harber starting next year will tell us a lot.

I think PA/NLR would be a good series.  Two completely different offensive styles, but would make for a very entertaining game.  They're also 15 minutes apart, so I imagine the crowds would be huge.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on September 18, 2017, 11:04:10 pm
I think PA/NLR would be a good series.  Two completely different offensive styles, but would make for a very entertaining game.  They're also 15 minutes apart, so I imagine the crowds would be huge.
That would be a good series.I would like to see it happen

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 18, 2017, 10:47:07 pm

You guys make me feel like Sally Fields on Oscar night😀

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 19, 2017, 07:08:48 am
You guys make me feel like Sally Fields on Oscar night😀
Awww......I loved the Bandit!   :D   

By this and multiple other threads, I assume that PA thinks they will win it all this year? 

Gravelbar

If PA is an automatic into the finals every year, which the are, then it's time to move to 6A.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Gravelbar on September 19, 2017, 08:50:54 am
If PA is an automatic into the finals every year, which the are, then it's time to move to 6A.
+1  and Welcome To Fearless! 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Gravelbar on September 19, 2017, 08:50:54 am

Success advancement system is how the state should be classifying the teams.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2017, 09:39:18 am

We agree on this, but I doubt that it will ever happen.

Redwolves8526

Would love to see PA compete with Greenwood, Pine Bluff, El Dorado, West Memphis, and Jonesboro every year. I know they are good, but that still would be extremely tough for them year in and year out.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2017, 09:39:18 am

I don't think anyone at PA would argue against moving up.  We certainly would welcome the increased competition.  Those boys work too hard and deserve the challenge. 

FYI, JV played Benton JV and won 44-36 after bring down 21-20 at haftime.  Benton was certainly taking the game seriously and after Coack KK had the offensive do up-downs during a 3rd quarter time out, so did PA. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 19, 2017, 10:13:53 am
We agree on this, but I doubt that it will ever happen.

I think it could, with the right people involved. Could you and PA lobby for it? I really do think a change would be great. It would help balance each classification, but it would be more of a headache for the people who have to implement it. I mean, it's what they get paid to do, but we all know how that goes.

PrivateLesson

I think its a good idea but how would that work building rivalry games,tho?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 19, 2017, 12:47:12 pm
I think its a good idea but how would that work building rivalry games,tho?

PA is lucky enough to be a rival with everyone they play! No worries there.

They would have to just schedule non-conference rivalry games though.

PA Dad

September 19, 2017, 01:57:26 pm #41 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:01:27 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2017, 12:35:50 pm
I think it could, with the right people involved. Could you and PA lobby for it? I really do think a change would be great. It would help balance each classification, but it would be more of a headache for the people who have to implement it. I mean, it's what they get paid to do, but we all know how that goes.

I could lobby for it, but I don't have any influence with the AAA (or anywhere else for that matter).  I know some of the PA fans are for it, but I don't know that there's a consensus at PA, so I don't know if the administration/coaches would lobby for it.

PrivateLesson

Could always start a petition???    I don't know how receptive the AAA would be to a change in the current format.   They always have a AAA meeting in July, usually.     The Athletic Director or Superintendent speaks on behalf of the school.  I'm not sure how Private Schools work, though.

JessieP

Dang it. I have been playing nice with PA Dad, Maynard, Red Devil and the other PA backers, things change. I myself don't think PA should be penalized for success. Why? Just beat them. Doesn't every other school use 16-18 year old teenage boys as well? aren't they allowed 11 on the field at the same time? this "participation trophy" mentality is wrong, dead wrong. Should Alabama be forced to play in the NFL? and while were at it, should I be limited to only posting on MENSA message boards because of my superior intellect? It just seems unfair to me to say to any team in any sport "your too good, now your gonna pay". Just my two scents (toldcha I was reel smart).

PrivateLesson

September 19, 2017, 03:49:43 pm #44 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:53:59 pm by PrivateLesson
Quote from: JessieP on September 19, 2017, 03:44:05 pm
Dang it. I have been playing nice with PA Dad, Maynard, Red Devil and the other PA backers, things change. I myself don't think PA should be penalized for success. Why? Just beat them. Doesn't every other school use 16-18 year old teenage boys as well? aren't they allowed 11 on the field at the same time? this "participation trophy" mentality is wrong, dead wrong. Should Alabama be forced to play in the NFL? and while were at it, should I be limited to only posting on MENSA message boards because of my superior intellect? It just seems unfair to me to say to any team in any sport "your too good, now your gonna pay". Just my two scents (toldcha I was reel smart).
Good Grief, Fisherman Troll.

This isn't college.  Colleges recruit.  High schools do not.   

Your Alabama Statement isn't "reel smart" although, I think Nick Saban is the biggest factor in Alabamas success. 

JessieP

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 19, 2017, 03:49:43 pm

Your Alabama Statement isn't "reel smart" although, I think Nick Saban is the biggest factor in Alabamas success.

It was a joke, not serious. Google the word "sarcasm", it's often used on these boards. Then look into "sense of humor" it makes life quite fun. I was joking. Troll? your grasp of the very obvious is still light years behind the average 3rd grader.

JessieP

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 19, 2017, 03:49:43 pm

That might re-open an already done to death thread. I myself do not think so but there is a very large contingent of poster's on the FF message boards that would argue they do.

You opened the cans of worms, I didn't.

PrivateLesson

Dude, I've been on this message board for years.     

Overdahill

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 18, 2017, 10:47:07 pm

Maybe Maynard should run with the Rock in 2020  ;D

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on September 19, 2017, 05:19:20 pm

Maybe Maynard should run with the Rock in 2020  ;D

Where can I get that yard sign?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas