• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc @ Carlisle week 3

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, September 16, 2017, 12:10:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Both teams started 0-2, des arc is coming off a mercy rule win over Brinkley and carlisle is coming off a bye. This game is tough every year regardless of records. I believe des arc gets their record to .500

Sonofasonofasailor

Saw Carlisle play Lonoke and don't think DA will have any trouble winning this one.   

Ventman

I agree, DA should win this one. Bison will have to play much better to compete next Friday.

mr.gametime

Lions84

RiverEagle079

Jags20

Mac Town dad

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Jags20 on September 16, 2017, 10:17:39 pm
DA big in this one

You must not be to familiar with playing AT Carlisle. 🤔🤔🤔

Mac Town dad

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 16, 2017, 10:37:48 pm
that's for sure we had 6 flags pulled in one possession last year lol still pulled out the win hope yall do too

Jags20

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 16, 2017, 10:37:48 pm
Well that is true. Always can count on having at least one touchdown called back at Carlisle  ;D

FoxandHound34

McCrory is one to talk everyone on the home stands knows the referees by names on Friday and sits with em at church on sunday

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Mac Town dad on September 16, 2017, 10:41:15 pm
that's for sure we had 6 flags pulled in one possession last year lol still pulled out the win hope yall do too

From what I saw against Lonoke, the refs could be current members of the Carlisle faculty and DA will still win.  Carlisle just doesn't appear to have a lot of athletes right now.

Serious question about crew assignments.  Do they come from the AAA, is the host school responsible for hiring or what?

Big Dave

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Big Dave on September 17, 2017, 10:46:21 am
I think AAA does....

Thanks.  Assumed that was the case but seem to recall some years ago the principal or AD made the arrangements.   

BisonFan1

As someone earlier said, Carlisle just doesn't have the horses this year like they did last year.  We may be able to keep it somewhat close since we are at home, however, DA takes this one.  I hope they prove me wrong.     

highstrung

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on September 16, 2017, 11:50:55 pm
McCrory is one to talk everyone on the home stands knows the referees by names on Friday and sits with em at church on sunday
buy their lunch, wash their cars, mow their lawns.

big E

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 17, 2017, 11:36:48 am
Thanks.  Assumed that was the case but seem to recall some years ago the principal or AD made the arrangements.   
Conference assigner  Mr. Crawford sends officials to all the games.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on September 17, 2017, 06:33:15 pm
Conference assigner  Mr. Crawford sends officials to all the games.

That's what I thought

big E

And we get the bottom of the barrell over here in the Delta.

RiverEagle079

Guys for real this is DA vs Carlisle no one has something to say about the other team.   Jezz I thought you hairy cows had more pride in your team.  I would support my team even if we where 0-9 come on man

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 19, 2017, 04:36:37 pm
Guys for real this is DA vs Carlisle no one has something to say about the other team.   Jezz I thought you hairy cows had more pride in your team.  I would support my team even if we where 0-9 come on man

Folks can be proud and supportive of a team without being a key board jockey.  I'm sure the stands will be full Friday night.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 19, 2017, 05:43:25 pm
Folks can be proud and supportive of a team without being a key board jockey.  I'm sure the stands will be full Friday night.

Is it y'alls homecoming?

Ventman

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on September 19, 2017, 06:05:29 pm
Brinkley is HC.

Thanks. Thought y'all might be returning the favor from last year. Lol

RiverEagle079

Key board Jockey or not this thread use to be ridiculous on the trash talk level

Ventman

Boy is sure was. Maybe the Bison can get on track and stay close to those Geenies this Friday.

BisonFan1

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on September 19, 2017, 04:36:37 pm

I think both teams struggling early has really extinguished the fire associated with this game.  Let's face it, at least from Carlisle's perspective, the smart fan knows that this is going to be a TOUGH game to win.  Our defense has really struggled and, thus far, the offense has been spotty, at best.  I thought they looked really good against Bald Knob, then they really struggled against Lonoke and were somewhat better against DeWitt.  In order for Carlisle to have any chance at all, they are going to have to have long, sustained drives that result in points and keep their defense (and DA's offense) off the field. 

With that being said, these are two tradition-rich programs that have a ton of respect for one another from the fans, to the coaches, down to the players.  I hope it is a competitive game and that the Bison come out on top. 

RiverEagle079

I will be their to watch the greenies got a lot of good friends from their it will be good to possibly see them again.

old.dole

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 19, 2017, 05:48:13 pm
Is it y'alls homecoming?

Don't live in Carlisle but I see your question was answered.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on September 18, 2017, 01:42:08 pm
And we get the bottom of the barrell over here in the Delta.

I dont know bigE. Week 2 when i walked onto the field i saw our crew comin in...i thought "crap, this is the worst crew ive ever seen". They are terrible amd we seem to see them 2 or 3 times a year. Fast forward to week 3. Im watching PA play Parkway, LA on espnu amd guess who is doin that game. Yep, that same janky crew that did our week 2 game. They had absolutely nuthn to do with the outcome of our game. They are just terrible on both sides. I guess everyone gets crap every once in a while. But with all that being said, im glad they do it because i dont want their job! Carry on men!

RiverEagle079

Old Scrapper

Nothing like a rivalry game tied at half!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Ventman

Two many flags and those two turnovers killed the Bison. Good job greenies.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on September 22, 2017, 09:30:46 pm
Two many flags and those two turnovers killed the Bison. Good job greenies.

That's been what's killed Des Arc this year.

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 22, 2017, 09:36:48 pm
That's been what's killed Des Arc this year.
Hard to win with flags and turnovers.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on September 22, 2017, 09:51:04 pm
Hard to win with flags and turnovers.

Sure is. Gotta get it straight.

Big Dave

Proud of those Bison for fighting hard like they did. Not the blow out people were expecting. And no touchdowns called back.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 16, 2017, 07:51:46 am
Saw Carlisle play Lonoke and don't think DA will have any trouble winning this one.

I didn't see the game but obviously I don't know what I talking about.  Sounds like Carlisle has improved since week 1.

BisonFan1

Quote from: Big Dave on September 22, 2017, 10:06:17 pm
Proud of those Bison for fighting hard like they did. Not the blow out people were expecting. And no touchdowns called back.

I also am proud and encouraged by what I saw tonight.  Looked like a completely different team than the one we saw against Lonoke & DeWitt.  I was curious to see how we would perform once we were back to playing 2A schools, as well as a team that predominately runs the ball instead of the spread. 

Really liked our effort on defense.  After being gutted the first few weeks, they really played well.  Offensively, we moved the ball, just had some untimely penalties and turnovers.  You can't do that against good teams like DA.  Hopefully, everyone keeps their heads up; still a ton of football to go.  I don't think we will play another team as good as DA until we play McCrory week 10.  Now is the time to start stacking wins and it begins next week at Marvell.

Big Dave

I still don't think folks need to count that young Hazen team out..... Ouch.. That pains me to say that...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BisonFan1 on September 22, 2017, 10:18:52 pm
I also am proud and encouraged by what I saw tonight.  Looked like a completely different team than the one we saw against Lonoke & DeWitt.  I was curious to see how we would perform once we were back to playing 2A schools, as well as a team that predominately runs the ball instead of the spread. 

Really liked our effort on defense.  After being gutted the first few weeks, they really played well.  Offensively, we moved the ball, just had some untimely penalties and turnovers.  You can't do that against good teams like DA.  Hopefully, everyone keeps their heads up; still a ton of football to go.  I don't think we will play another team as good as DA until we play McCrory week 10.  Now is the time to start stacking wins and it begins next week at Marvell.

Hazen is tied 20-20 with Mccrory with 5 minutes to go at Mccrory

Ventman

I told folks not to look past Hazen.

Coach95

Lions84

Big Dave

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas