• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haynesville La @Junction City

Started by Monsta, September 10, 2017, 10:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on September 13, 2017, 02:25:45 pm
Guess he's worried those six are better than his 46
Am I invited to a tailgate next week?

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 13, 2017, 02:31:06 pm
Junction has NEVER and will NEVER skull drag or mercy rule my team......FACTS

One state title in 21 years and he's got an unbeatable dynasty.  BAHAHAHA!!!

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 02:53:52 pm

Come on down,  we'll find something to eat.

bleudog

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 02:53:52 pm

Somebody ought to have some jambalaya, and a crawfish pie and a file' gumbo they'd share.  If not, you might try the 3lb baked potato at Red Roof BBQ, that is if you're not philosophically opposed to eating in an establishment that operates within a few blocks of the school but south of Stateline Road.  I'm of the opinion #allBBQMatters.  https://www.facebook.com/RedRoofYum/

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bleudog on September 13, 2017, 03:29:53 pm
Somebody ought to have some jambalaya, and a crawfish pie and a file' gumbo they'd share.  If not, you might try the 3lb baked potato at Red Roof BBQ, that is if you're not philosophically opposed to eating in an establishment that operates within a few blocks of the school but south of Stateline Road.  I'm of the opinion #allBBQMatters.  https://www.facebook.com/RedRoofYum/
sounds good but can't eat a potato. I'm sure my 12 yr old and I can find something good there. Is it on the main hwy?

bleudog

September 13, 2017, 03:40:18 pm #55 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:08:30 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 03:31:28 pm
sounds good but can't eat a potato. I'm sure my 12 yr old and I can find something good there. Is it on the main hwy?

The running joke is it's hard to even guess there's a potato under the pile until you start digging down to it. It kind of reminds me of the tamale spread at McClard's. :o

Can't miss the place.  It's on the west side of 167 a couple of blocks or so south of THE stop light (also a mixture of Louisiana and Arkansas as it hangs over the middle of Stateline Road).  There's a large metal rooster on each side of the Red Roof driveway.  The place closes at six on game day though.  The owners are related to Coach Jones.  The place does have places to eat inside.  It's closed this weekend but I'm guessing you're talking about the McGehee game.

About the only other options are a convenience store called McDonald's (which does have good BBQ also) across from the field and a drive up place called The Rocking Cajun Tamale (https://www.facebook.com/therockincajuntamale/).  I don't think either of those have inside tables though.

The concession stand at the stadium is good and has been known to get creative at times.

panther07

Quote from: bleudog on September 13, 2017, 03:40:18 pm
The running joke is it's hard to even guess there's a potato under the pile. It kind of reminds me of the tamale spread at McClard's. :o

Can't miss the place.  It's on the west side of 167 about a block or two south of THE stop light (also a mixture of Louisiana and Arkansas as it hangs over the middle of Stateline Road).  There are large metal roster on each side of the drive way.  They close at six on game day though.  The owners are related to Coach Jones.  They have places to eat inside. 

About the only other options are a convenience store called McDonald's (which does have good BBQ also) across from the field and a drive up place called The Rocking Cajun Tamale (https://www.facebook.com/therockincajuntamale/).  I don't think either of those have inside tables though.

The concession stand at the has been know to get creative at times.

Tamale Spread... Man.  That's basically manna.  Would be my last meal on this earth. Extra cheese no onions.  A Budweiser in a frozen mug never hurts either. 

bleudog

September 13, 2017, 04:02:51 pm #57 Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:18:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: panther07 on September 13, 2017, 12:16:16 am
I'm sad to see the wishbone go.  I don't like that JC has moved the direction of everyone else.  They ran the wishbone beautifully.  Will never forget the beating I took as sophomore from Justin Easter and company running it.

Let the 'bone roll.

Sounds like you're talking 2006.

JJ was part of the Justin Express. 

Justin Hoof was the big back who would run over folks.  JJ and Justin (Cookie) Cook were more juke folks out of their shoes backs. 

Justin Easter-Hoof-Cook went for 3,464 in 2006 (not counting Cookie's return yards) and almost got all three over the 1,000 yard mark in the same season:

Justin Easter   1,384
Justin Hoof     1,160
Justin Cook       920
Justin I-II-III  3,464             

I think they had 40 touchdowns as a trio.

dragondad

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2017, 03:31:28 pm

Their BBQ is good as well.  Don't know if Johnny is cooking steaks on game night, but if he is.... 18oz ribeye, potatoe or side, house salad, bread, and drink for $22

panther07

Quote from: bleudog on September 13, 2017, 04:02:51 pm
Let the 'bone roll.

Sounds like you're talking 2006.

JJ was part of the Justin Express. 

Justin Hoof was the big back who would run over folks.  JJ and Justin (Cookie) Cook were more juke folks out of their shoes backs. 

Justin Easter-Hoof-Cook went for 3,464 in 2006 (not counting Cookie's return yards) and almost got all three over the 1,000 yard mark in the same season:

Justin Easter   1,384
Justin Hoof     1,160
Justin Cook       920
Justin I-II-III  3,464             

I think they had 40 touchdowns as a trio.

That would be them.. I was a 180 LB sophomore LB.  Saturday didn't feel great.

DaCajn

Quote from: Hgalum50 on September 13, 2017, 12:07:44 pm
Why does he worry about JC having kids from Louisiana! It's right on the border of course there are gonna be kids from Louisiana! Just so happens the school is in Arkansas. Get away from that bullcrape and go play ball, you beat JC you just beat a heck of a football team. I'm so sick of hearing the whining about then having Louisiana kids!

I agree with this completely.   The ones complaining must have never had a son that really wanted to play football and couldn't because the school they attended did not have a team.   The nearest Louisiana school to JC is summerfield.  They have a good basketball team. Would you really want your footballer to be traveling 25 minutes to a school that doesn't have a football program when he could walk 5 minutes and play for a proven winning football dynasty?

dragondad

Quote from: DaCajn on September 13, 2017, 08:41:17 pm
I agree with this completely.   The ones complaining must have never had a son that really wanted to play football and couldn't because the school they attended did not have a team.   The nearest Louisiana school to JC is summerfield.  They have a good basketball team. Would you really want your footballer to be traveling 25 minutes to a school that doesn't have a football program when he could walk 5 minutes and play for a proven winning football dynasty?

DaCajn,  those of us in JC are use to hearing the incessant whinning of people like Work_dis_Order.   So much so that we even play along most of the time.  He's a self claimed insider at a school that dominates their conference but can't do much at all in the post season.  Then when they get one in 20 years, he wants to strut like he's spurred every rooster in the pen.   Guys like him should be ashamed that they feel like six LA kids are better than their whole team.

Now, let's get this game talk going so we can borrow y'alls players next week.  You know this is a dual purpose recruiting trip and official visit for several of y'alls young football beasts.

DaCajn

H'ville is short on beast mode.   We just glad to be playing in yall's house.   Louisiana doesn't have a mercy rule.   Glad to know y'all can't run the score up to bad on us.   

bleudog

bleudog

Hgalum50

Quote from: DaCajn on September 13, 2017, 09:55:41 pm
H'ville is short on beast mode.   We just glad to be playing in yall's house.   Louisiana doesn't have a mercy rule.   Glad to know y'all can't run the score up to bad on us.
Glad I know that now lol. I plan to be coaching down there one day.

BigLion10

WorkOrder

Quote from: dragondad on September 13, 2017, 03:10:16 pm
One state title in 21 years and he's got an unbeatable dynasty.  BAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me the last time y'all won a state title without a Louisiana kid on your team

Lions84

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 10:29:36 am
Tell me the last time y'all won a state title without a Louisiana kid on your team

Never,  what does it matter,  are all of your kids so weak that they stand no chance of being better than any random kid within a 9 mile radius of JC.   You should really just move on with another post because you're whining is making you look more and more childish.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 10:29:36 am

Get a new gig man haha this was old and tired 10 years ago

WorkOrder

Quote from: dragondad on September 14, 2017, 11:26:55 am
Never,  what does it matter,  are all of your kids so weak that they stand no chance of being better than any random kid within a 9 mile radius of JC.   You should really just move on with another post because you're whining is making you look more and more childish.

Won't move on. AAA stands for ARKANSAS activities association, not Arkansas/Louisiana activities association. In my opinion you shouldn't be allowed to play or be affiliated with the AAA with Louisiana kids. 

WorkOrder

Honestly I could care less. Don't play yall and probably never will again. I just think it's funny to get yall all pissy.

THA TRUTH

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 11:33:46 am
Honestly I could care less. Don't play yall and probably never will again. I just think it's funny to get yall all pissy.

Brother we are laughing at you, same as everyone else, we've listened to this for years and we love that it gets in the craw of guys like you.  LOL!  When you start complaining about any kid that lives outside of the district of the school they play for,  we'll MAYBE care enough to listen closer....but no promises.    You won't do that though,  because you'd have to point a finger at your own district.  You should just worry about the fact that your team is 69-17 all-time against the teams on their schedule,  but only have one meaningful accomplishment in 21 years.  Hold onto that memory,  it's all you got.   Bahahaha!!!

Proud Buckaroo

September 14, 2017, 11:53:15 am #75 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:01:26 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 11:32:47 am
Won't move on. AAA stands for ARKANSAS activities association, not Arkansas/Louisiana activities association. In my opinion you shouldn't be allowed to play or be affiliated with the AAA with Louisiana kids.

I want you to pull up a map for me....

I want you to look for Claiborne Parish school district.

The kids that live in Bernice/Spearsville/Summerfield area only have to go 10-13 minutes to get to Junction City Schools. Whereas if they went to Haynesville it would be a 25 minute drive one way. If they were to go to Minden. It would be a 45 minute drive one way. Farmerville would be a 30-35 minute drive.

Now as difficult as that is for you to understand.... Junction City is a charter school and it is perfectly legal for Louisiana students to go to Junction city public schools.

Also, the State line pretty much goes through town just outside of where Junction City school is. What you are saying the folks that live 3 minutes from the school shouldn't go to Junction because they are in Junction City, La/Lillie, La? So they should drive 25-45 minutes because someone is salty?

bleudog

September 14, 2017, 11:55:32 am #76 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:59:52 am by bleudog
Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 11:32:47 am

Opinions are like :-X.  Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

The folks who live in Junction City, AR and Juction City, LA consider themselves one town with one school.  Stateline Road just decides what tax form they've got to file.

#AllDragonsMatter

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 14, 2017, 11:53:15 am
I want you to pull up a map for me....

I want you to look for Claiborne Parish school district.

The kids that live in Bernice/Spearsville/Summerfield area only have to go 10-13 minutes to get to Junction City Schools. Whereas if they went to Haynesville it would be a 25 minute drive one way. If they were to go to Minden. It would be a 45 minute drive one way. Farmerville would be a 30-35 minute drive.

Now as difficult as that is for you to understand.... Junction City is a charter school and it is perfectly legal for Louisiana students to go to Junction city public schools.

But everyone knows that the every LA kid is better than every AR kid, just because of their address.  I mean JC could play 6 LA kids against any 11 or more AR kids and come out on top every time.  LOL!

dragondad

September 14, 2017, 12:03:59 pm #78 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:05:52 pm by dragondad
Can we expect Prescott to lock out all their Hope, Blevins, and Gurdon kids?   ;D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dragondad on September 14, 2017, 12:03:59 pm
Can we expect Prescott to lock out all their Hope and Gurdon kids?   ;D

They accepted Muldrow with open arms.

dragondad

panther07

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 14, 2017, 12:05:04 pm
They accepted Muldrow with open arms.

They even a contender this year without him? I have great friends from Mt. ida who said they weren't all that great at team camp this past summer.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: panther07 on September 14, 2017, 12:12:29 pm
They even a contender this year without him? I have great friends from Mt. ida who said they weren't all that great at team camp this past summer.

Out of all the TDs they scored against Hampton. He accounted for all but one.

WorkOrder

Quote from: panther07 on September 14, 2017, 12:12:29 pm

TEAM CAMP. Had kids missing at all of them. Yes we were a contender without him and more of one with him. Yes he has helped a bunch but we were gonna be good no matter what.

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 14, 2017, 12:26:44 pm
Out of all the TDs they scored against Hampton. He accounted for all but one.

He has accounted for 5 TD's this year. He is a stud.

panther07

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 12:29:20 pm
TEAM CAMP. Had kids missing at all of them. Yes we were a contender without him and more of one with him. Yes he has helped a bunch but we were gonna be good no matter what.

Ohhh!!!  It was TEAM CAMP. Not team camp. That was the confusion. My bad.

WorkOrder

Good Luck JC. Maybe we can play before you run back to 2A. Would be like the old days.

panther07

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 12:57:53 pm
Good Luck JC. Maybe we can play before you run back to 2A. Would be like the old days.

I hope so too. Before the finals.

bleudog

September 14, 2017, 01:38:27 pm #87 Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:56:37 pm by bleudog
Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 12:57:53 pm

Not running, just playing by the ADE & AAA rules and where the correct numbers say they should be. 

Playing again wouldn't be quite like the old days though.  Over the last 20 years or so, JC has been one of the most consistently successful teams in the state/country.  The twenty years or so before that, not so much.  The new coach is just that, new.  He's off to a good start and hopefully can continue what Coach C put on the map. 

And in case you're wondering, thru successful seasons and not so successful seasons, some of those LA kids you keep harping about have had parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and maybe great-great-grandparents who were Dragons too.

dragondad

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 14, 2017, 12:29:20 pm

Nahhh,  he's from Gurdon not LA.

bleudog

DaCajn

BTW, games start at 7:30 in H'ville.  What time do y'all kickoff in J.C.

dragondad

Quote from: DaCajn on September 14, 2017, 10:39:19 pm
BTW, games start at 7:30 in H'ville.  What time do y'all kickoff in J.C.

7:30 as well,  we will have a pregame ceremony beginning at 6:45 for the 2017 Inductees to the Dragon Wall of Honor (our version of the Hall of Fame)

DaCajn

Thanks, if I don't go for thirds at hollis over in spearsville I may can make it.

Monsta

Today Is The Day Sport Fans..Haynesville I Think You Reign Of Terror Will Be Over 

bleudog

Quote from: DaCajn on September 14, 2017, 11:05:27 pm
Thanks, if I don't go for thirds at hollis over in spearsville I may can make it.

Now dat's a plan rat dere.  ;D

bleudog

cuz

Quote from: Monsta on September 15, 2017, 06:58:51 am
Today Is The Day Sport Fans..Haynesville I Think You Reign Of Terror Will Be Over
Counted 42 players dressed out for Haynesville....

Dragon I

Truck is on the Dragon sideline.  Game. Set. Match.

Dragon I

8-0 JC.  11:36 to go in quarter 1.

dragondad

23 seconds into the 1st qtr,   Dragons 8 - Tor's 0

Onside kick,  Dragons ball

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas