• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What concerns you?

Started by JessieP, September 07, 2017, 03:42:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

Let's see if we can get some honest evaluations here. Of the team you support/follow what is your biggest concern or question mark? can we be truly objective? of course the Wynne fans will say their biggest concern is would they be able to shut out the Patriots or would Tom Brady be able to get them in the end zone once. Of course they would rush for 600 yards against any NFL team but could the D hold up for 48 minutes. Short of that, what say you. I'll start.

Batesville: By far the biggest concern is the offensive line. Great players who give it their all but they are small. Not 5A small, they are 2A small. I fear a team with any size will shut down their running game. They have the top WR in the 5A and possibly the state but can they protect the qb long enough to even get him the ball? the defense is solid and their skill players are great but that line worries me to death.

Overdahill

Is this a trick question?  ??? Batesville with a small offensive line? wow, that will be an adjustment for the coaching staff but at least you have a good one there for sure

JessieP

Quote from: Overdahill on September 07, 2017, 04:57:58 pm
Is this a trick question?  ??? Batesville with a small offensive line? wow, that will be an adjustment for the coaching staff but at least you have a good one there for sure

No, that's on the up and up. Yes, once again our rock of stability is Coach King and his staff. As long as he drives the bus they'll be a great team. They get the most out of the line, playing the hand they were dealt, but they are small. For a physical running team (Batesville) that last thing you want is an iffy O-line. Now make no mistake, they will compete and do well but if you look at any highlights from the Jonesboro game you'll see how small they are. I don't think we rushed for 50 yards against Jonesboro. Good 40 times, traps, impressive weight lifting numbers and all other things are all well and good but at some point you need plain 'ol beef up front. I don't think we have anyone up front above 6'0.

PA Dad

For PA, my fear is lack of a good running game and the pass defense.

We lost our top running back and his heir apparent quit to concentrate on dance!  No one has stepped up yet to fill that void, but I'm hopeful that one will.  Coach has played four or five running backs and a couple have the potential.

We lost our best DB and the secondary has not gelled yet.  We'll see how that develops.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2017, 08:38:46 pm

We lost our top running back and his heir apparent quit to concentrate on dance!  No one has stepped up yet to fill that void, but I'm hopeful that one will.  Coach has played four or five running backs and a couple have the potential.

We lost our best DB and the secondary has not gelled yet.  We'll see how that develops.

From what I hear the rb that quit isn't focusing on school type dances. People are saying he is a serious "Broadway" type dancer, like he may do it professionally. Anyone with that kind of agility can do damage on a high school football field.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on September 07, 2017, 08:45:15 pm
From what I hear the rb that quit isn't focusing on school type dances. People are saying he is a serious "Broadway" type dancer, like he may do it professionally. Anyone with that kind of agility can do damage on a high school football field.

He was a dang good running back.  I have no idea how good a dancer he is but I'm always in favor of a kid chasing his/her dream.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2017, 08:48:28 pm
He was a dang good running back.  I have no idea how good a dancer he is but I'm always in favor of a kid chasing his/her dream.
[/quot

Agreed.

Chief_Osceola™

I think Maumelle's biggest question mark coming into the season was the offensive and defensive lines. We have some big guys, but we're not huge up front. I thought they held up pretty well against a bigger, faster, stronger NLR front. If they continue to improve and gel as a unit then Maumelle can have a great season.

Also, I'm sure from the outside there were/are questions about the coaching staff. As a whole they're young, but they're hungry to get us back to where we were a few years ago. I'm confident they'll do so.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Overdahill on September 07, 2017, 04:57:58 pm

They are small but very well coached by Gary Rhodes.  They will certainly have to rely on quickness and good blocking form. 

Youngsta71701

For Camden Fairview the offensive line and the QB play. I think the defense will be solid but will the offense move the chains enough to give the defense some rest.

RamFan06

The biggest question for Lakeside is QB play. I was impressed with the O-line, RB's and defense, worried about the young QB.

OB11

Quote from: JessieP on September 07, 2017, 05:32:58 pm
No, that's on the up and up. Yes, once again our rock of stability is Coach King and his staff. As long as he drives the bus they'll be a great team. They get the most out of the line, playing the hand they were dealt, but they are small. For a physical running team (Batesville) that last thing you want is an iffy O-line. Now make no mistake, they will compete and do well but if you look at any highlights from the Jonesboro game you'll see how small they are. I don't think we rushed for 50 yards against Jonesboro. Good 40 times, traps, impressive weight lifting numbers and all other things are all well and good but at some point you need plain 'ol beef up front. I don't think we have anyone up front above 6'0.

Compared to past Batesville teams this years O-Line is undersized, but you do have to give credit to the Jonesboro D-Line. They have some legitimate D1 talent so I wouldn't be too discouraged after that game. Jonesboro is going to be tough for most teams to handle.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2017, 08:38:46 pm

I think this is spot on.

Maynard G Krebs

PrivateLesson

September 08, 2017, 11:59:31 am #14 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 02:00:46 am by PrivateLesson

tmycjy

What concerns me is 5A East there a lot of questions mark on team in the east so put the right combination of games together to get in the playoffs that what we don't know

Chin Music

LRCA- Defense, defense, and defense.  Oh and that little thing called a QB controversy. 

PrivateLesson

September 08, 2017, 12:54:53 pm #17 Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:59:15 am by PrivateLesson

Overdahill

My biggest fear is losing my seat in Maynard's limo  8)

PrivateLesson

I hear he has some pretty fancy drivers.     I figure Maynard is concerned about what Halloween Costume to wear this year and post pics of:)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 08, 2017, 01:08:51 pm
My biggest fear is losing my seat in Maynard's limo  8)

You have a lifetime reserved seat

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 08, 2017, 09:32:24 am
The biggest question for Lakeside is QB play. I was impressed with the O-line, RB's and defense, worried about the young QB.

I'm still shocked that the Rams gave up over 40 points to Pulaski Robinson. That rarely happens to Lakeside.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on September 07, 2017, 08:45:15 pm

This is true. He has some serious talent and good for him for pursuing. He would have made PA nearly unbeatable, but I am proud of him for focusing on his likely career and his passion.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 08, 2017, 01:44:35 pm
This is true. He has some serious talent and good for him for pursuing. He would have made PA nearly unbeatable, but I am proud of him for focusing on his likely career and his passion.

As a Pioneer fan I would much rather see him dancing on a music video compared to dancing down the sidelines against us. You can't really blame the kid, if it's his passion imagine the heartbreak if he were to tear an ACL in high school. If he's as good as they say there is a good chance he may pay the bills dancing. Paying the bills playing football? 10,000,000 to 1 (unless he went to SMU or USC). Kudos to the PA family for supporting his decision.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 08, 2017, 01:44:35 pm
He would have made PA nearly unbeatable
So, they can be defeated?   

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on September 08, 2017, 01:17:37 pm
I'm still shocked that the Rams gave up over 40 points to Pulaski Robinson. That rarely happens to Lakeside.

You have to understand Coach McBrides philosophy when it comes to these first 3 games. It is more important to learn and get better than to worry too much about the score. 28 of those 40 points came directly from turn overs or against special teams (2 pick 6 INTs, one INT inside backed up inside the 20 and a TD against the Spec Teams). The defense only gave up 2 TDs. This happened last year also. Lost the 3 non-con games then won a share of the conf.

Had to see of the young QB could stand up to the pressure and perform. Coach will keep putting him in those situations, he will need to be able to handle it if they want to make a run in the playoffs.

Overdahill

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 08, 2017, 02:01:05 pm

Absolutely! It's between Wynne and LRCA at this point  :o

Jacketalum07

My biggest concern is JessieP feelings after wynne drives to batesville on October 13th and puts a whooping on the pioneers. But seriously I'm still a little concerned about wynne secondary and the o-line.

JessieP

September 08, 2017, 11:34:07 pm #28 Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:32:45 am by JessieP
Quote from: Jacketalum07 on September 08, 2017, 10:33:19 pm
My biggest concern is JessieP feelings after wynne drives to batesville on October 13th and puts a whooping on the pioneers. But seriously I'm still a little concerned about wynne secondary and the o-line.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Maybe it will be ugly like last year or maybe it will be like 6 of the past 8 years where Batesville wins. There is one definite upside, even if we get beat by 70 we sleep in the comfort of knowing we don't have to live in Wynne. Now that would be hard to handle.

The A-Team

My biggest fear is that Camden Fairview has no offensive lineman.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on September 09, 2017, 12:11:56 am
My biggest fear is that Camden Fairview has no offensive lineman.
That's not a fear anymore lol that's a fact.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on September 08, 2017, 10:33:19 pm

By the looks of things today, you should win easily.  After slapping you kids around for about a decade, it's nice you finally got it together and can put up a fight.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: JessieP on September 07, 2017, 03:42:24 pm
Let's see if we can get some honest evaluations here. Of the team you support/follow what is your biggest concern or question mark? can we be truly objective? of course the Wynne fans will say their biggest concern is would they be able to shut out the Patriots or would Tom Brady be able to get them in the end zone once. Of course they would rush for 600 yards against any NFL team but could the D hold up for 48 minutes. Short of that, what say you. I'll start.

Your troll game is weak, and you are young.  I can tell. 

Don't make me come back on here & take you to school.

I was literally doing this when you were in diapers, kid.

PrivateLesson

Don't forget to change your Depends....lol!   ;) ;D  :-* :)

JessieP

Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on September 12, 2017, 06:39:33 pm
Your troll game is weak, and you are young.  I can tell. 

Don't make me come back on here & take you to school.

I was literally doing this when you were in diapers, kid.

Sorry, it's hard to be intimidated by anyone who has Vilonia in their ID. Are they still playing football there? are they 4A?, 3A?, 2A? or 8 man these day's? I don't know much about Vilonia other then Batesville sissy slapped them around WMS about 13 years ago. Since then they kinda disappeared, "poof, and just like that, they were gone" Keyser Soze.

PrivateLesson

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 08:12:58 pm
Sorry, it's hard to be intimidated by anyone who has Vilonia in their ID. Are they still playing football there? are they 4A?, 3A?, 2A? or 8 man these day's? I don't know much about Vilonia other then Batesville sissy slapped them around WMS about 13 years ago. Since then they kinda disappeared, "poof, and just like that, they were gone" Keyser Soze.

Game on.......

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: JessieP on September 12, 2017, 08:12:58 pm

lol didn't read

woopork

Hoghead2

I'm concerned Hope will end this season on a 21 game losing streak. They haven't won a game since beating Blytheville in the 2015 playoffs. First 0-10 Bobcat team ever last year could happen again this year. The talent is gone....

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 15, 2017, 12:14:17 am
I'm concerned Hope will end this season on a 21 game losing streak. They haven't won a game since beating Blytheville in the 2015 playoffs. First 0-10 Bobcat team ever last year could happen again this year. The talent is gone....

Hey brother!  How're ya doin'!

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 15, 2017, 12:14:17 am

Is the talent really gone or is it walking the halls instead of on the field? I know Hot Springs had that problem before the current coach arrived.

AIREDALE25

What concerns me? Well the fact of Alma playing Greenwood tonight right before we travel to Vilonia, that kinda concerns me bc of the injury concerns but maybe we can shock the whole state and beat the Bulldogs

Lionheart88

My biggest concern with White Hall right now has nothing to do with White Hall.  It's the teams we've played.  Dumas and Crossett aren't good, and Sheridan doesn't look to be much better.  We're running through them like crap through a goose with dysentery, but is that just the quality of the opposition?  Will we be able to do this against Lakeside or Chapel or teams we face in the playoffs?

redsport27

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 15, 2017, 11:55:48 am
My biggest concern with White Hall right now has nothing to do with White Hall.  It's the teams we've played.  Dumas and Crossett aren't good, and Sheridan doesn't look to be much better.  We're running through them like crap through a goose with dysentery, but is that just the quality of the opposition?  Will we be able to do this against Lakeside or Chapel or teams we face in the playoffs?
Thats my concern as well. The wins against Dumas and Crossett were convincing, but those teams  are no where near the caliber of WH. I'm worried that when WH is trailing at some point in the season, they won't know how to respond because they are used to getting out in front of the opposition quickly. I believe they have a very good shot at conference again this year. With how aggressive and fast they are, I believe they can keep up their momentum into the final stretch of conference. Now in playoffs, that's different. The south hasn't really proven itself in post-season action. That's when my concern will really kick in for the Dogs.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 08, 2017, 02:01:05 pm

Morrilton beat them in the 2013 championship game.

sevenof400

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on September 15, 2017, 11:08:22 am
What concerns me? Well the fact of Alma playing Greenwood tonight right before we travel to Vilonia, that kinda concerns me bc of the injury concerns but maybe we can shock the whole state and beat the Bulldogs

I'm thinking part of this concern is being laid to rest as I type.....

Hoghead2

Hoghead2

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 15, 2017, 09:55:59 am
Is the talent really gone or is it walking the halls instead of on the field? I know Hot Springs had that problem before the current coach arrived.

It's the same problem that comes up in Hope every few years or so. NO LINEMEN, some kids only want to play Basketball and talent in the hallways. So it will right itself as it usually does down here. These last 2 years Hope has been just down.

Big Red Fan

Defense and overall depth concern me for my Clarksville Panthers. The program is in much better shape than the win/loss record of the past few years indicates.  They have the coaches they need. They seem to have a few really good players in each class, but they need more horses in consecutive classes to make a marked improvement.  Younger classes are starting to sprout more promise, but living life as a 5 a school is always going to be an uphill climb for a program that has the football talent pool of a 4A program and a student population keeping them in 5A.  There is a lot of positive energy and optimism around the program though if/when they ever can turn the corner in the 5A it will be a sweet sight to see.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas