• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro vs Batesville @ ASU Thursday

Started by ricepig, August 28, 2017, 07:30:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jonesboro-Batesville series has usually been a competitive game with Jonesboro coming out on top. About the only thing I know is Jonesboro should have some quality lines on both sides, that and they return both QB's. I know Batesville has a WR committed to ASU, that could spell trouble for a completely new secondary.

Lumberjackfan1978

Jonesboro will come out on top again this year

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2017, 07:30:59 am
Jonesboro-Batesville series has usually been a competitive game with Jonesboro coming out on top. About the only thing I know is Jonesboro should have some quality lines on both sides, that and they return both QB's. I know Batesville has a WR committed to ASU, that could spell trouble for a completely new secondary.

We have the tools.  We should be good to go with a few things tweaked here and there.

JessieP

August 28, 2017, 05:06:17 pm #3 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:48:52 pm by JessieP
Batesville's WR is not committed to ASU. Texas A&M was at the scrimmage looking at him. Oklahoma State's private plane was at Batesville airport Friday and Saturday so figure their in the mix along with Arkansas, A&M, and Missouri. He is without question a D1 SEC, ACC, Big-12, Pac-12 type player. The problem is does Batesville have the O-Line to allow the new QB to get him the ball.  If they can and the QB can deliver it, there is no one in the 5A that can defend him. That's a pretty big "If". It's like they have a $600,000 Bentley but can anyone drive it, I'm not convinced.

ricepig

Quote from: JessieP on August 28, 2017, 05:06:17 pm
Batesville's WR is not committed to ASU. Texas A&M was at the scrimmage looking at him. Oklahoma State's private plane was at Batesville airport Friday and Saturday so figure their in the mix along with Arkansas, A&M, and Missouri. He is without question a D1 SEC, ACC, Big-12, Pac-12 type player. The problem is does Batesville have the O-Line to allow the new QB to get him the ball.  If they can and the QB can deliver it, there is no one in the 5A that can defend him. That's a pretty big "If". It's like they have a $600,000 Bentley but can anyone drive it, I'm not convinced.

Someone needs to tell him he isn't.

https://twitter.com/D_Holliday03/status/848321986203987968

JessieP

August 28, 2017, 07:21:24 pm #5 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:31:17 pm by JessieP
That Tweet was from 4/1. In June he re-opened it when the big boys came a calling. He may very well end in there, I don't know. He's loyal to his home State and very family oriented. It's just that these are teenage boys, they change their minds, and seeing that Orange and Black Lear Jet at Batesville airport can impress the heck out of them.

ricepig

Quote from: JessieP on August 28, 2017, 07:21:24 pm
That Tweet was from 4/1. In June he re-opened it when the big boys came a calling. He may very well end in there, I don't know. He's loyal to his home State and very family oriented. It's just that these are teenage boys, they change their minds, and seeing that Orange and Black Lear Jet at Batesville airport can impress the heck out of them.

So, he de-committed, where's the tweet?

Sporty

Heard West Memphis clobbered Batesville.

OB11

Jonesboro won 46-21.

The weather was nasty but Jonesboro only turned the ball over one time I think. I'm sure the weather hindered Batesville's offense somewhat, but Jonesboro's defense played very well.

MA

Is that Batesville kid as good as Jonathan Adams? Adams was HM in my opinion. ASU stole him

T-Bone

Quote from: OB11 on September 01, 2017, 08:37:11 am
Jonesboro won 46-21.

The weather was nasty but Jonesboro only turned the ball over one time I think. I'm sure the weather hindered Batesville's offense somewhat, but Jonesboro's defense played very well.

Tempers being in check and keeping starters on the field, the 21 may have easily been 7.  The O and the D played well.  I do think the weather hindered Batesville but it also hindered Jonesboro.  Caused teams to have to run more and rely less on pass but for both teams.  If Jonesboro would have had good weather for passing they too would have probably had more than 46 points.  Batesville is always a good team but Jonesboro did look good on both sides of the ball.

T-Bone

Quote from: MA on September 01, 2017, 01:00:13 pm
Is that Batesville kid as good as Jonathan Adams? Adams was HM in my opinion. ASU stole him

Last night was not a good night to decide that. 

JessieP

I agree T-Bone. Last night told us nothing about either team. Driving rain and strong winds all night. The refs were dropping balls being thrown in from the sideline. No one got a good look at either team last night. The game was an exercise in mistakes and slippery balls. The clear winner was the weather.

ricepig

Quote from: JessieP on September 01, 2017, 01:50:09 pm
I agree T-Bone. Last night told us nothing about either team. Driving rain and strong winds all night. The refs were dropping balls being thrown in from the sideline. No one got a good look at either team last night. The game was an exercise in mistakes and slippery balls. The clear winner was the weather.
Well, one team obviously did much better in the weather than the other.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on September 01, 2017, 03:16:02 pm
Well, one team obviously did much better in the weather than the other.

It was a hinder on quarterback and receiver passing game.  Good thing is we adjusted and turned on a dang good running game.  Neither really had a passing game at all due to the weather.  Between the rain as well as moisture on the turf.  Didn't matter how well you tried to keep them dry or keep them protected from the water.  Offense produced.  Defense produced.  Now when we turn on the passing game that is there it could be even more fun.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas