• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rating after first Scrimmage

Started by 2000ZEBRA, August 22, 2017, 10:52:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ZEBRA

How would you rate your team after the first scrimmage  (ZEBRAS 7 OUT OF 10)

Hogman2018

I rate Texarkana about 7out of 10! Texarkana played one qtr against Mena and won 7 to 0. They played Hope in another qtr and won 13 to 7! 1ST defense didnt give up any points! Offense was plain vanilla with both Texas teams their watching. I know the competition wasnt great but we got out of the scrimmage injury free thats all that matters

AHS06

August 23, 2017, 06:33:11 am #2 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:54:26 am by AHS06
Quote from: Hogman2018 on August 22, 2017, 11:10:08 pm
I rate Texarkana about 7out of 10! Texarkana played one qtr against Mena and won 7 to 0. They played Hope in another qtr and won 13 to 7! 1ST defense didnt give up any points! Offense was plain vanilla with both Texas teams their watching. I know the competition wasnt great but we got out of the scrimmage injury free thats all that matters
I agree 7 out of 10.  1st D played really well, they were quick, and swarmed to the ball.   It was obvious the Hogs were working on timing.   The QB just needs a little more snaps/experience but he has a great arm.  The lines are on the smaller side but I'll take a lean 250-260 lb any day over a 300 lb that can't move.  We'll be battle tested the next two weeks.   But I like our chances. 

admorris24

Probably give Benton the same rating.  Pretty sloppy game with Central winning 45-35.  both offense and defense showed flashes

zebradynasty

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 22, 2017, 10:52:44 pm
How would you rate your team after the first scrimmage  (ZEBRAS 7 OUT OF 10)

7 is pretty fair grade the OL needs some more work. They did pass protect pretty good but right now it's hard for me to see this line being overpowering as we have been in the past. I expect much improvement by the season opener. Felt real good about the QB and WR's. PV doesn't have that much talent but he looked pretty comfortable in the pocket for a soph and made some good throws.

DL looked big and physical may need to work on some conditioning but looked solid. LB's are some headhunters! Overall a good showing but this team will have to work extra hard if they are to get to WM.

2000ZEBRA

Yea our OL will have to be shuffled around, and the DL looks good

rona

Greenwood vs Fayetteville. 1s vs. 1s. Gwd pretty much controlled both sides of ball. Watched on live stream, so did not see entire field. But upfront it was surprising how the guys in blue controlled just about everything. Greenwood a 8-9 and Fayetteville a maybe a 7.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 23, 2017, 10:35:10 am
7 is pretty fair grade the OL needs some more work. They did pass protect pretty good but right now it's hard for me to see this line being overpowering as we have been in the past. I expect much improvement by the season opener. Felt real good about the QB and WR's. PV doesn't have that much talent but he looked pretty comfortable in the pocket for a soph and made some good throws.

DL looked big and physical may need to work on some conditioning but looked solid. LB's are some headhunters! Overall a good showing but this team will have to work extra hard if they are to get to WM.
I was thinking the same thing.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on August 23, 2017, 10:10:20 pm
I was thinking the same thing.

It will be interesting to see how they do in their opener against Cabot. The Panthers are always tough.

sportsguy80

Quote from: GuvHog on August 24, 2017, 10:35:17 am
It will be interesting to see how they do in their opener against Cabot. The Panthers are always tough.
I heard last year's game was very competitive.

zebradynasty

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 24, 2017, 12:34:11 pm
I heard last year's game was very competitive.

Uh...Yeah...let's not talk about that other than I expect the Z's to come out with revenge on their mind.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 24, 2017, 01:40:29 pm
Uh...Yeah...let's not talk about that other than I expect the Z's to come out with revenge on their mind.
Yeah...that one still has me shaking my head.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Cats vs Nashville.  Cats "won" the scrimmage....if you can count scrimmages as wins. 

Neckred

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 23, 2017, 10:35:10 am

How PB doesn't get to WM every year is beyond me

zebrafan

zebrafan

Zebras are now without there RB 😰. K. Wilkins is out for the year as is M. Johnson our fastest WR.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Neckred on August 25, 2017, 02:51:33 pm
How PB doesn't get to WM every year is beyond me

Well we darn near do!

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on August 25, 2017, 05:11:51 pm
Zebras are now without there RB 😰. K. Wilkins is out for the year as is M. Johnson our fastest WR.

Dang I saw him in some pain the other night I had hope that it wasn't serious !

2000ZEBRA

Junior Dylan Ashley will be even better, he may be smaller but he is faster than wilkins, so we should be ok without him

zebrafan

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on August 25, 2017, 09:27:05 pm
Junior Dylan Ashley will be even better, he may be smaller but he is faster than wilkins, so we should be ok without him
Nice! Still a blow though.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebrafan on August 25, 2017, 05:11:51 pm
What happened?

zebrafan

Quote from: urban legend2 on August 25, 2017, 10:36:02 pm
What happened?
All I know is he got hurt in the scrimmage and will be gone for the year.

urban legend2

Big loss...huge threat in the backfield and out wide

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas