• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs LR Christian. Let's get it started 2017.

Started by AirWarren, August 11, 2017, 09:16:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on August 22, 2017, 05:48:43 pm
I don't expect Warren to go unscathed this season. Breaking in too many new guys at key positions to click right out of the gate. There will be some growing pains for sure, but I'll bet this will be a salty team by the end of the season.
This

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: LJ06 on August 22, 2017, 05:48:43 pm
I don't expect Warren to go unscathed this season. Breaking in too many new guys at key positions to click right out of the gate. There will be some growing pains for sure, but I'll bet this will be a salty team by the end of the season.
I think you're right they may start out a little slow at first but they will be clicking by the end of the season

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I don't think we played bad, we just didn't tackle well. I think we'll be just fine. Scrimmage games are just pay per view practices and you never know what either coaches were wanting to see out of their squad before the season starts

FridayNightFans

Not much LRCA noise on the thread, almost all Warren posters.  Here are some thoughts and perceived advantages from a Warrior perspective:

RBs - Advantage LRCA
QB - LRCA
WRs - Jacks (mainly due to the one superstud - LRCA actually might be deeper at the position)
O Line - Jacks

D Line - Jacks
LBs - Jacks (but not by as much as you might think)
DBs - LRCA

Special Teams - ? No one knows until we get a few games into the season

Coaching - Warren's record is strong, but the new LRCA coach brings every bit the resume from his time in AL.

So, Jacks in the trenches and LRCA at the "skill" positions.  LRCA had a lot of kids making their first start last year, not the case this year and that I predict will mean something Tuesday night.

Hoping for good weather and a good game Tuesday night at War Memorial.

AirWarren

Quote from: FridayNightFans on August 26, 2017, 04:00:52 pm
Not much LRCA noise on the thread, almost all Warren posters.  Here are some thoughts and perceived advantages from a Warrior perspective:

RBs - Advantage LRCA
QB - LRCA
WRs - Jacks (mainly due to the one superstud - LRCA actually might be deeper at the position)
O Line - Jacks

D Line - Jacks
LBs - Jacks (but not by as much as you might think)
DBs - LRCA

Special Teams - ? No one knows until we get a few games into the season

Coaching - Warren's record is strong, but the new LRCA coach brings every bit the resume from his time in AL.

So, Jacks in the trenches and LRCA at the "skill" positions.  LRCA had a lot of kids making their first start last year, not the case this year and that I predict will mean something Tuesday night.

Hoping for good weather and a good game Tuesday night at War Memorial.

Warren kicking game will be good. Again.

As far as the WR position, there are 3 more options that will burn you deep if you focus on 13. It happened all last season.

Interestingcall

Late to the party and this may have already been answered but where is this game going to be played at?

Superjack45

Quote from: JAC08 on August 27, 2017, 12:46:03 pm
Late to the party and this may have already been answered but where is this game going to be played at?
War Memorial Stadium.

Jimbo Morphis

Jack-of-all trades

Quote from: Oldman on August 27, 2017, 08:03:31 pm
Only time super jack will be there this year.
g great bait there Old Fella, but we shall see.

Lumberjackfan1978

cuckoobird

AirWarren

jimbojack

If #7 lines up at RB, even half the game, Warren will win big.  He's THAT GOOD.  He's also a dang good WR (RB is just his natural position).   

I look forward to Mr Hill and Mr Burks meeting up on the field --that should be good.......

STUNNA

Quote from: jimbojack on August 28, 2017, 09:09:00 am
If #7 lines up at RB, even half the game, Warren will win big.  He's THAT GOOD.  He's also a dang good WR (RB is just his natural position).   

I look forward to Mr Hill and Mr Burks meeting up on the field --that should be good.......

McKnight had an amazing run on the the jet sweep against McGhee

Romeo

Running back is in his blood. He's a 3rd generation RB. Both his father and grandfather were running backs for Warren.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

We'll be fine at the RB spot. What's all the uproar?

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 28, 2017, 10:21:26 am
We'll be fine at the RB spot. What's all the uproar?

Preseason jitters from the fellow local yoakles.

jimbojack

His speed and vision are special.  Not being critical---the kid is a difference maker and we'll need that until the QB gets more experience.  Handing it off is alot easier than hitting a seam route.  All of that will come with time.

OLDSCHOOL82

Figured warren was gonna have to cancel football this season due to lack of interest/talent to compete.

Superjack45

Quote from: jimbojack on August 28, 2017, 11:47:31 am
His speed and vision are special.  Not being critical---the kid is a difference maker and we'll need that until the QB gets more experience.  Handing it off is alot easier than hitting a seam route.  All of that will come with time.
You just might be surprised this year at QB but he really needs more reps and those are coming soon. You coming to the game.

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on August 28, 2017, 11:57:40 am
Figured warren was gonna have to cancel football this season due to lack of interest/talent to compete.

We are on the brink.

cuckoobird

Jimbojack needs to get back to class and stop talking about himself

jimbojack

Yellowcake

May be good for a little while, but Warren wins by double digits.

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on August 28, 2017, 09:43:04 pm
May be good for a little while, but Warren wins by double digits.

I'm not so sure.  Warren undoubtedly has one of the best programs and best coaches in the state and rightfully should be the favorite.  But, I think LRCA will be much improved this year and I expect a close game.

Maynard G Krebs

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Game day!!! Let's go Jacks!!

Of note. McGehee steamrolls baptist prep 56-0.

LJ06

AirWarren

Jack-of-all trades

Lumberjackfan1978

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2017, 05:30:08 am

Looks like The Ricebirds will basically have a bye week 6.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2017, 05:30:08 am

That's nothing new for Baptist Prep. I believe they were 0-10 last year. 

SUGARTOWN

Think I'll head out to WMS at some point tonight and check out this matchup. Should be a very close game.

I will not be however, be streaking...

SOUTHARK99

KASH dba The Lumberjack

cuckoobird

Just made bail and plan on attending tonight's game as well. I have a new escape plane this time!

bulldoghistorian

103.7 the buzz is streaming the game live on their Facebook page. Should be a great game!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2017, 02:57:49 pm
Just made bail and plan on attending tonight's game as well. I have a new escape plane this time!

Could this mean we will have another streaker?

Romeo

Being able to see Treylon play should be worth the price of admission. Best prospect in the state.

beach bum

SUGARTOWN

STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on August 29, 2017, 03:11:37 pm
Being able to see Treylon play should be worth the price of admission. Best prospect in the state.

I think they will try and get him the ball early and often to get qb some confidence

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 29, 2017, 03:48:49 pm
I think they will try and get him the ball early and often to get qb some confidence

I think opposite. I think we are going to push the LRCA defense around with our line and try to gash them.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2017, 03:52:31 pm
I think opposite. I think we are going to push the LRCA defense around with our line and try to gash them.
I haven't seen this team play yet. So I'm not quite sure what will happen. But one thing is for sure. #13 will get his somehow.

Superjack45

Quote from: beach bum on August 29, 2017, 03:14:13 pm
Warren 49 LRC 20
I doubt it very seriously just hope they are competitive, (And) stay as healthy as they possible can, but yeah Win of course.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2017, 03:52:31 pm
I think so to but I hope the going running back figure it out.

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 29, 2017, 04:17:18 pm
I haven't seen this team play yet. So I'm not quite sure what will happen. But one thing is for sure. #13 will get his somehow.

Make LRCA play from behind. Get on them fast and early.

There won't be a player on the field that will be able to stop 13.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2017, 04:29:20 pm
Make LRCA play from behind. Get on them fast and early.

There won't be a player on the field that will be able to stop 13.

He'll probably have 2 on him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas