• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton Hosts Prescott

Started by bearbacker52, July 17, 2017, 10:49:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bearbacker52

What is the score gonna be, sickem dawgs!!!!

Proud Buckaroo

Hampton isn't hosting them. They are playing at SAU field after the Smackover/CHG game.

bobthebuilder

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 17, 2017, 10:49:54 pm
What is the score gonna be, sickem dawgs!!!!
It would appear Barebacker is trying to incite the Hampton riots this year...apparently Dr. Defense is a much better fisherman.

old.dole

This could turn into a massacre.

bearbacker52

Quote from: bobthebuilder on July 18, 2017, 09:35:32 am
It would appear Barebacker is trying to incite the Hampton riots this year...apparently Dr. Defense is a much better fisherman.

I very professionally advised them to enjoy the ride and moment from last year, then they responded in a very sarcastic and angered manner...just curious to who is right them or me..

BigLion10

Hgalum50

It should be a good game, Hampton didn't lose much and I believe they got a good taste of winning so Coach Ables will have them ready!

Proud Buckaroo

I think losing Monta could be good for them though. A lot of focus was always on Monta. Now that they have more options and I believe the QB will be really good. They could become a little more dangerous.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 18, 2017, 11:09:27 am
I think losing Monta could be good for them though. A lot of focus was always on Monta. Now that they have more options and I believe the QB will be really good. They could become a little more dangerous.
no

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hgalum50 on July 18, 2017, 11:05:00 am
It should be a good game, Hampton didn't lose much and I believe they got a good taste of winning so Coach Ables will have them ready!

Didn't lose much? You lost the best player on your team, which was also the best player in 2A. Without him y'all do not make the semis.

SOUTHARK99

Without him they would have been the 5 seed and lost to England in the first round.

SOUTHARK99

If Hampton can keep it close they have a shot. They have a really good defense so my pick would be Prescott by 9. 

old.dole

Prescott by how ever many they want to win by

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

I may be shocked. But I really think Prescott makes this a mercy rule.

old.dole

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 18, 2017, 11:09:27 am

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 18, 2017, 02:46:16 pm
I may be shocked. But I really think Prescott makes this a mercy rule.

??? ???

Please make up your mind.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Ball Hawk on July 18, 2017, 05:20:10 pm

??? ???

Please make up your mind.

My mind is made up. I'm saying Hampton could be dangerous this year. But not against Prescott.

HorseFeathers

Whomever entered their stats on maxpreps showed them with 5200+ yards of offense...Thomas, Child's, and Heglar had 4500+ of that. That junior class is talented, but life without those 3 might not start off easy.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: bobthebuilder on July 18, 2017, 09:35:32 am

You know bob I don't like to brag......I'm biding my time waiting on season to get a little closer 😂

JC Guy

If you think they didn't lose much try to put your hands on some tape of the all star game. That boy is a freak. He had one touchdown that he broke several ankles on and that was against very good players from all classifications.

Hgalum50

Not even a Hampton fan but im not saying they are gonna do what they did last year im saying they should be a solid well coached team that will still win some games of Monta is a freak show, he is gone tho move on past all that and focus on talking about now!

Hgalum50

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 18, 2017, 12:03:07 pm
Didn't lose much? You lost the best player on your team, which was also the best player in 2A. Without him y'all do not make the semis.
I'm from HG man!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hgalum50 on July 18, 2017, 10:23:53 pm
I'm from HG man!

Ok, change out "you" for "they", they still lost a ton and it will be hard to fill in for what THEY lost.

Hornet4ever

Hampton still has some talent. With that being said though, Prescott will be way too much.

40-14 Prescott

PapaHog

Heard Prescotts new QB has looked VERY nice so far this summer. Game rides on him taking care of the ball. If he takes care of it, Prescott mercy rules them. If he doesn't, Prescott wins by a lot.

BigBob

Prescott 42-12. P-town with way more depth and athletes, better coached too!

bulldawg2016

this will be a close one but I think the DAWGS come out on top!

HG Hornet

I'm gonna stay after the CHG vs Smackover game and watch this one.  CHG plays Prescott the following week and Hampton late in the season.  Not knowing anything about either team otherwise, I'll refrain from making a prediction. 

I will say this though, I would have loved to watch last year's Hampton team play last year's Prescott team.  That would have been a good one.

dawgpound

Hampton returned a ton of players including 2 of the leading tacklers in the conference just bc these boys on offense didn't get a lot of touches doesn't mean anything they are prepared to show up and show out.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: dawgpound on July 19, 2017, 01:07:38 pm
Hampton returned a ton of players including 2 of the leading tacklers in the conference just bc these boys on offense didn't get a lot of touches doesn't mean anything they are prepared to show up and show out.

I hope you're right, nobody likes a blow out.

JC Guy

In the name of being fair and open minded I would like to know from dog nation what are realistic goals for this years team? To show that I am not trying to bait you guys I will comment on my beloved Dragons. If you look at a lot of people's top ten you see Junction show up in the top five. I will not put this team on that pedestal until they show me what they are made of. The past two years our team has been judged on the 2012-2014 teams success. The production of those teams were a curse in many ways. For me we have too many unknowns to give this team that street cred. We have a lot of good players and a few with potential to be great but they don't get a pass from me because of past dominance.

dawgpound

This team won't have the explosive player like Thomas, but I think we could be better than last years team bc of experience. most of our starters where sophomores last year and now as jr they are bigger faster and stronger. and I believe that at our qb position will be ran better just due to more of a team player that reads the play better.  and isn't looking to make the play himself but if I'm being honest Thomas sure was fun to watch

Delta_Bravo

I agree this team is going to surprise some of y'all. I think this game will be close.

dirtysteve

Hampton graduated 13 seniors right?

dawgpound

Yea and I think 5 may have been starters

Monsta

Wolfs up by 60 at The Half..No Hermits To Save Them This Year ;D ;D

bobthebuilder

Quote from: JC Guy on July 19, 2017, 02:36:20 pm
In the name of being fair and open minded I would like to know from dog nation what are realistic goals for this years team? To show that I am not trying to bait you guys I will comment on my beloved Dragons. If you look at a lot of people's top ten you see Junction show up in the top five. I will not put this team on that pedestal until they show me what they are made of. The past two years our team has been judged on the 2012-2014 teams success. The production of those teams were a curse in many ways. For me we have too many unknowns to give this team that street cred. We have a lot of good players and a few with potential to be great but they don't get a pass from me because of past dominance.
Basically, my goals are no different than yours.  Hampton's Juniors are a super talented bunch...they have put in the work in the off season and are bigger and stronger for sure.  There are a few players that can be that explosive game changing type of player.  Will that fulfill itself on the field?  Who knows...time will tell.  I have seen kids who were skinny, lanky players last year commit to the weight room and now look like genuine football players.  I've also seen a few 9th graders commit to the weight room and if they maintain that committment, will be monsters next year.  Practices have looked good, but only time will tell on the season.

bearbacker52

Does hampton have many returning starters on defense, from reading elsewhere the defense was not to shabby..

gooze55

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 20, 2017, 02:46:07 pm
Does hampton have many returning starters on defense, from reading elsewhere the defense was not to shabby..
9 STARTER from what I heard hegler  and monta  are the only two that left the defence

HeadBussa08

The only problem with this thread is people saying the QB position will be ran better than Thomas at Quarterback. C'mon guys I know its pre-season but that kid was one of the top Players in the State last year.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on July 24, 2017, 03:48:32 am
The only problem with this thread is people saying the QB position will be ran better than Thomas at Quarterback. C'mon guys I know its pre-season but that kid was one of the top Players in the State last year.

I agree that he was on of the top players in the state. Without a doubt. The thing is... most of; if not all involved Monta and teams did their best to key in on him. What they are getting at is the new QB is more of a throwing QB. There is more options to go to at the WR spot and it the offense won't be involved with just one kid.

Bigditchlion

Monta and hegler did the work. No question if you take those 2 off that team. England plays des arc and not yall.

gooze55

thanks for talking about football.. I'm not from Hampton... I'm a fan of 2a football..... TURNOVERS by England  TEAM DEFENCE  by Hampton from what I seen...

old.dole

I still want to know where you get all this film from. That's football related so feel free to answer

Proud Buckaroo

Hudl can easily be accessed if you have an account. Hampton and England also live streamed their games.

old.dole

Just because you have a hudl doesn't mean you can access everyone's game film.

HeadBussa08

as far as the game is concerned I have Prescott by 3 tds. This was always a tough ball game in the past when these two teams hooked up so I don't see anything different happening. Be a good game to watch with Prescott pulling away. Hampton might wind up in the Rock for round 2 with Mt. Ida. Very solid team coming back. Watched them play in State Championship last year.

gooze55

noooo  hudl is for yall not me....... it show highlights not full game......

gooze55

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on July 24, 2017, 08:39:12 pm
as far as the game is concerned I have Prescott by 3 tds. This was always a tough ball game in the past when these two teams hooked up so I don't see anything different happening. Be a good game to watch with Prescott pulling away. Hampton might wind up in the Rock for round 2 with Mt. Ida. Very solid team coming back. Watched them play in State Championship last year.
well said

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas