• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOOTENS 2017

Started by SOUTHARK99, June 17, 2017, 11:29:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

Leave the baby boards and find out for yourself princess

Pick_DA_EAGLES

June 28, 2017, 10:12:35 pm #101 Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:45:01 am by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 28, 2017, 09:59:53 pm
Is the 3A board down this week? Just wondering why their posters are posting & discussing  their stats on the 2 A board.

They come down to get schooled, with hopes of going back to the 4A board and looking not so stupid.

Backwoods Bart

June 28, 2017, 10:28:19 pm #102 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:39:43 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 28, 2017, 10:11:20 pm
Leave the baby boards and find out for yourself princess

I'm  good right here coo coobird.

You see i ignored the stereo type coment you made!
Bart out!

cuckoobird

Baby boards reference for 2a or princess for backwoods AKA deliverance?

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 28, 2017, 10:54:16 pm
Baby boards reference for 2a or princess for backwoods AKA deliverance?

Have you seen the movie Frozen? What was the theme song. I remember... LET IT GO!

Cheek

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 27, 2017, 08:29:21 pm
1 Mt Ida
2 Rison
3 CHG
4 Danville
5 Bearden
6 Hampton
7 Des Arc
8 McCrory
9 Conway Christian
10 Cross County
11 England
12 Earle
13 Hector
14 Carlisle
15 Hackett
16 Murfreesboro
17 EPC
18 Hazen
19 Foreman
20 Palestine-Wheatley

To be honest, after MI,  it is anyone's guess.   I think Conway Christian and Earle should  be higher.  Danville and Hampton are ranked to high based on what they lost last year.  I would hate to be ranked in the top ten to start the season and not majestic the playoffs.  It could happen this year.

big E

Hey PW is ranked 20.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 28, 2017, 09:59:53 pm
Is the 3A board down this week? Just wondering why their posters are posting & discussing  their stats on the 2 A board.
They are from the 4a board.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

BigLion10

Moving on up Big E haha

FootballFever

JC is not moving back down to 2A, check the AAA 2018-2020 classification numbers they will still be 3A in Football.

bear for life

They won the appeal they will be back down 2018 the classification was already out before the appeal happen

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: FootballFever on June 29, 2017, 01:09:40 pm
JC is not moving back down to 2A, check the AAA 2018-2020 classification numbers they will still be 3A in Football.
The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

cuckoobird

You sure it wasn't Russian hackers?!

BigLion10

bleudog

big E

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 29, 2017, 09:32:18 am
Moving on up Big E haha
kinda feel like the Jefferson's.  Trying to get to that deluxe apartment.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 29, 2017, 02:28:49 pm
You sure it wasn't Russian hackers?!
Nice now the big mods are watching us.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on June 29, 2017, 12:09:43 am
To be honest, after MI,  it is anyone's guess.   I think Conway Christian and Earle should  be higher.  Danville and Hampton are ranked to high based on what they lost last year.  I would hate to be ranked in the top ten to start the season and not majestic the playoffs.  It could happen this year.

Who's could miss the playoffs out of those 10?

Cheek

SOUTHARK99

Hampton could make the playoffs at 5-5 and only have loses to 2 top ten 3A teams and 3 loses to top 5 2A teams. I don't see PC, Strong or Woodlawn beating them. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 30, 2017, 07:33:16 am
Hampton could make the playoffs at 5-5 and only have loses to 2 top ten 3A teams and 3 loses to top 5 2A teams. I don't see PC, Strong or Woodlawn beating them.

I agree.  Hampton will be a playoff team.  #1 seed and repeat conference champs would be a stretch.  I can't see them beating Bearden, Rison, and CHG all three to repeat.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: CHG Hornet on June 30, 2017, 08:00:50 am
I agree.  Hampton will be a playoff team.  #1 seed and repeat conference champs would be a stretch.  I can't see them beating Bearden, Rison, and CHG all three to repeat.

Find it a little suspect that hardly any Hampton posters offered congratulations to Monta for his All Star performance.
This time last year, FF had to add computer hardware to support all of the new Hampton posters. Where have they all gone. I suggest that the city of Hampton give Monta a "Key to the City" and designate one day a year as "Monta Thomas Day" for resurrecting their scuttled high school football program. Good luck replacing him!   

Cheek

Quote from: CHG Hornet on June 30, 2017, 08:00:50 am

it will be tough for them to beat Bearden, Rison or CHG based on what they have returning.  I saw where Strong had a lot of kids out this year, and with all their athletes they could be tough to beat.  That leave PC and Woodlawn.   PC was a playoff team last year and could make it again this year.  I don't know about Woodlawn, but  Coach Barbaree always has them competitive and ready to play.   

Delta_Bravo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 30, 2017, 07:33:16 am
I was just saying this same thing to someone last week we could easily be 5-5 and be a strong 4 seed. I bet whoever the 2 seed our conference plays round one will not like their draw.

Delta_Bravo

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 30, 2017, 10:51:05 am
Find it a little suspect that hardly any Hampton posters offered congratulations to Monta for his All Star performance.
This time last year, FF had to add computer hardware to support all of the new Hampton posters. Where have they all gone. I suggest that the city of Hampton give Monta a "Key to the City" and designate one day a year as "Monta Thomas Day" for resurrecting their scuttled high school football program. Good luck replacing him!
I was at the along with about 15 other fans from Hampton.  As far as Hampton posters go this time last year we didn't have Monta yet.

SOUTHARK99

When does the playoff bracket come out?

Hornet4ever

Gotta love ole' Hootens.

You know they are sitting back doing that evil laugh while reading this forum.

beach bum

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on June 30, 2017, 02:14:03 pm
When does the playoff bracket come out?

It's pretty much already out considering 63% of the teams will make it....

AirWarren

Oh Lord. Bum has made his nwa way down to the 2a board.

SOUTHARK99

We know which teams will make the playoffs just wanted to see what conference matches up with others. What 2A team do you root for AW?

cuckoobird

He's from Hermitage

bleudog

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 03, 2017, 08:43:30 am
He's from Hermitage

I thought he was from a suburb of Hermitage.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on July 03, 2017, 08:25:34 am
We know which teams will make the playoffs just wanted to see what conference matches up with others. What 2A team do you root for AW?

I have no real allegiance. Rison is a storied program. Don't have any issues with Hampton, Hermitage, junction, or Bearden.

I'm a fan of high school football so I like to browse every board. Except the 5a and 6a. They are boring.

AirWarren

Quote from: bleudog on July 03, 2017, 08:54:13 am
I thought he was from a suburb of Hermitage.

I did grow up in the sticks out on what Warren folks call the "Hermitage highway". But I'm a Warren boy through and through.

HG Hornet

July 03, 2017, 10:55:46 am #136 Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:55:37 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: AirWarren on July 03, 2017, 09:18:54 am
I did grow up in the sticks out on what Warren folks call the "Hermitage highway". But I'm a Warren boy through and through.
I know some old Bradley County tomato farmers from down that a way. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: CHG Hornet on July 03, 2017, 10:55:46 am
I know some old Bradley County tomato farmers from down that a way.  GTT
Had me some Bradley tomatoes tonight

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on July 03, 2017, 10:25:32 pm
Had me some Bradley tomatoes tonight

If you can get ahold of some real 'Bradley' variety tomatoes like we raised for the market when I was young, you got some good eating. The tomatoes they grow these days for the market were developed purely to look good on the shelf for a long time, taste be dang.

JC Guy

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on July 05, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
If you can get ahold of some real 'Bradley' variety tomatoes like we raised for the market when I was young, you got some good eating. The tomatoes they grow these days for the market were developed purely to look good on the shelf for a long time, taste be dang.
+1

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on July 05, 2017, 04:23:51 pm

Can I get an Amen?

birddawg1986

I have always liked to view the magazine but how in 2A can u have Cross Co 10 , Earle 12, EPC 17 but in conference play you pick 1 Earle 2 Cross Co 3 Marked Tree 4 EPC. That kinda of wacky 🤣

Ventman

I think the coaches rank the conferences.

Proud Buckaroo

This has to be explained every single year since hooten's magazine has been out.

Hooten's do the overall rankings.
Coaches do conference rankings.

Ventman

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 09, 2017, 01:48:16 am
This has to be explained every single year since hooten's magazine has been out.

Hooten's do the overall rankings.
Coaches do conference rankings.
Yep every year since I've been on here.

Ball Hawk

I'll give out a secret.....Earle will be a top 5 team. I can see them winning a 2A title this season.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Ball Hawk on July 14, 2017, 06:58:34 pm
I'll give out a secret.....Earle will be a top 5 team. I can see them winning a 2A title this season.

besides Bohannon, what do they have? Obviously he can hurt you on both sides of the ball, but it sounds like they may have some gaps!

playmaker04

Earle and Cross County are both potential top 5 teams. Both have super Talented Junior classes

Ball Hawk

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 14, 2017, 07:28:50 pm

besides Bohannon, what do they have? Obviously he can hurt you on both sides of the ball, but it sounds like they may have some gaps!

They have 3 OL/DL  that could play at any level in Arkansas high school football.  Couple of WR/DE kids that are long and rangy. Quite a bit of speed on both sides of the ball. Really good size for a 2A school. And that QB is  a great athlete, don't think he's a great QB but he is a great, great athlete back there.

Obviously it'll all depend on who shows up to play every Friday night but I feel like they will be salty.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on July 14, 2017, 07:28:50 pm

Ask Osceola, Blytheville and a very Smashed EPC about the Team Camp... Gaps are few...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas