• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 All State, All Tourney, All Star Teams, plus Gatorade POY (all posted) - unarchived for referen

Started by sevenof400, May 07, 2017, 01:01:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

We'll be watching the AAA website for the announcement(s) for each of these teams.  As each team is announced, an active link will be placed appropriately.

Click here for the 2017 All State team.  This is the team selected by the conference coaches based on conference season play.  Click here for more information about how this team is selected.

Note: the example referenced was from 2011 and while the conferences have obviously changed, the general idea on how the team is selected is still illustrated with the referenced post.  It should also be noted that All Conference selections are generally left to the discretion of the individual coach - a coach can choose to recognize any player (or players) from his/her team as All Conference (there is no limit to the number of players a coach can recognize as All Conference).  Also, keep in mind All Conference is NOT an official recognized AAA award - this means no list of All Conference players is/are available.

Click here for the 2017 All Tournament team.  This is the team selected by coaches whose teams made the 2017 playoffs in their respective classifications.  Remember a team had to make the playoffs for a player to be selected to this team.  Coaches of playoff teams are asked by AAA to nominate the players they feel to be worthy of this distinction.

Click here for the 2017 All Star team.  This is the team comprised of seniors and selected from input first made by the conference coaches.  At the respective conference meetings, each conference compiles a list of seniors within the conference in ranked order.  This ordered list is then passed along to the all star coaches who (in turn) form the All Star teams using the lists from all of the conferences that make up their respective team (East / West). 

Simply because a player appears on an All Star list at the conference level does NOT guarantee that player will appear in the All Star game BUT the higher a player's name appears on the conference list increases the chances of a player's selection.

All Star coaches look at player ranks AND position.  In other words, the All Star Coaches will NOT simply select the 20 highest rated players with no regard for position. 

Please check out the attached PDF to this post for even more on this process.

Be aware that if you have an athlete selected to participate in the All Star game, that athlete will be required to a recent physical exam.  The physical required by most schools at the beginning of the school year does NOT satisfy the requirement for All Star week participation because that physical is NOT considered current.   

Click here for more information about how this team was selected in 2011 (this is actually a thread that discussed the selection process of a previous year.)

For 2017, the Boys Gatorade Player of the Year is Jose Castro.
For 2017, the Girls Gatorade Player of the Year is Caroline Campbell.

It is worth noting the selection process used to identify the Gatorade Player of the Year is a nomination process.  Whether that nomination comes from a coach, fan, parent, player, school official or anyone else is irrelevant. The point of this note is NOT to degrade the accomplishment(s) of anyone nominated or selected as a state or national player of the year, rather that one should keep in mind this process starts with only those player(s) nominated.

Soccerguy123

Buck183

sevenof400

As of 8:45 a.m. on Thursday, May 25th, we are still waiting.

Again (annually)....

On AHSAA to publish these lists. 

I will note one thing here - I can understand the delay on posting an All Star roster because the process of making sure nominated players can (and will) actually will be available requires some time so I get that one. 

Other lists should have been published long ago. 

teamtylermom

sssuperpantherfan2

Congratulations to everyone that made these list!  I hope everyone celebrates their teams accomplishments and looks forward to the next year with great enthusiasm!

VHSCoach2

The AAA Wendy's Players of the Year have been announced.

Note, these are different than the Gatorade Players of the Year.  I figured I would share anyway:

Lauren Hargus, Bentonville and Erick Guadron, Hot Springs

Rey Pygsterio

The Coach

VHSCoach2

Gatorade Player of the Year for the boys side has been posted:

Jose Castro, Bentonville: http://www.gatorade.com/poy/winner/jose%20lalo-castro/35825

revolution

Caroline Campbell of Bryant has been named Girls Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Arkansas for the second year in a row!

https://www.gatorade.com/poy/winner/caroline-campbell/35873

sevenof400

Thanks for the heads up, VHS and Rev.

This means ALL links in the OP have been updated as of 6/19/2017.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas