• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Athletic Directors

Started by Ballmom303, April 18, 2017, 02:00:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballmom303

I have to ask this, are there any other schools having issues with their AD's? 

ricepig

BallMom6

Yes, baseball in general.  Micro managing coaches.  Making bad decisions, etc.

ricepig

Quote from: BallMom6 on April 18, 2017, 04:55:41 pm
Yes, baseball in general.  Micro managing coaches.  Making bad decisions, etc.

Well, the AD in general should let a season play out, and then make changes afterwards if he isn't happy with the programs direction. Making suggestions is fine, especially if we're talking about young and inexperienced coaches, otherwise, let the coaches coach.

T-Bone

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2017, 05:06:35 pm
Well, the AD in general should let a season play out, and then make changes afterwards if he isn't happy with the programs direction. Making suggestions is fine, especially if we're talking about young and inexperienced coaches, otherwise, let the coaches coach.

Coaches need to be allowed to coach.  As you said if the year is up and there are issues with the program then step up if needed but it is the coach that should make decisions during the season concerning his team.

BallMom6

I absolutely agree.  Without naming a town we are having issues with our AD overstepping the coach doing his rescheduling. Without talking to the coach first he just rescheduled games.   Left us with a load of conference games in one week.   With the new pitching rules that's a killer.  All us parents are fed up.  We like our coach and he has led us to a.great season so far and now this moron steps in and is about to wreck it.
It has always been let the coaches coach until or unless administration is needed. 

ricepig

Quote from: BallMom6 on April 18, 2017, 08:52:32 pm
I absolutely agree.  Without naming a town we are having issues with our AD overstepping the coach doing his rescheduling. Without talking to the coach first he just rescheduled games.   Left us with a load of conference games in one week.   With the new pitching rules that's a killer.  All us parents are fed up.  We like our coach and he has led us to a.great season so far and now this moron steps in and is about to wreck it.
It has always been let the coaches coach until or unless administration is needed.

Without knowing the circumstances and the schedule, it's hard to comment too much, except to say, coaches normally schedule their games. You may be up against the calendar, depending on the classification. Their may be district and regional tournaments before that state tournament.

MonsterBaseball15

Your son must go to Dierks?

outlaws4life26

Quote from: MonsterBaseball15 on April 19, 2017, 08:14:54 am
Your son must go to Dierks?
I doubt it if so its not affecting there season. They have plenty of pitching and there conference games are mixed in with a lot of non-conference games 20-2 on the season.

AirWarren

I hear it goes beyond the ADs.

Loud mouth momma's and daddies who think their kid is the next big MLB star tends to be a huge hinderance.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas