• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paragould

Started by Valleysports, April 15, 2017, 03:27:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

I need some guidance from the good people of Paragould or surrounding area.  Any poster's out there?  Thanks

Grond

Greetings from the lands of Green & Gold and Red & Blue.  ;)

bigchief72455

I may be able to help some as well.

ricepig

Don't feed the troll........seriously, Valley, you know I know everything there is to know about anything worth knowing in NEA.  ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2017, 10:20:05 am
Don't feed the troll........seriously, Valley, you know I know everything there is to know about anything worth knowing in NEA.  ;D

When are they going to begin construction on the new Embassy Suites Hotel that is to be built just North of Red Wolf Stadium??

OB11

Quote from: GuvHog on April 18, 2017, 11:46:35 am
When are they going to begin construction on the new Embassy Suites Hotel that is to be built just North of Red Wolf Stadium??

Should be soon. The convention center that is supposed to be built across town has stalled. Not sure if that will hurry up the one at ASU or slow it down.

bigchief72455

Quote from: OB11 on April 18, 2017, 12:46:29 pm
Should be soon. The convention center that is supposed to be built across town has stalled. Not sure if that will hurry up the one at ASU or slow it down.
Seems to be a number of projects going on every time I drive into Jonesboro.

Valleysports

Hey I appreciate all the feedback.  I've been corresponding on private message and forgot to look back at the post replies.  Thanks.  Well truth is I'd like y'all to get some old or new athletes together, 50, 60 yr olds, even folks as old as Ricepig, to start Pickleball.  If we get it going in one of your gyms, it'll spread to the all of em, and raise your quality of life.  LOL  Seriously, Arkansas is behind on this, catching up, but NEA is dragging.  Outside of Heber Springs anyway - they're about to pay their community center off with the 3rd Annual Heber Fever.  But outside of Heber and Hot Springs, Arkansas players are dropping their money off in surrounding states every other weekend.  I'd be happy to come back over if rice would put me up in a barn.  I'll work for food....  Understand this is a future Olympic Sport.  In fact the US Open Pickleball Championship will be on TV next month.  They're mostly pro's, play on the pickleball pro tour, but almost anyone can play the sport at some level.  It's an awesome church youth group builder btw...... 

Valleysports

Kind of cool seeing y'alls schools last week. Went by Westside, in the curve, many times. Jonesboro, Nettleton.  Paragould and Green County Tech, some I can't remember off hand.  I know where Goober Town is.  Bethel, Brookland and Hoaxie?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on April 18, 2017, 02:30:54 pm
Hey I appreciate all the feedback.  I've been corresponding on private message and forgot to look back at the post replies.  Thanks.  Well truth is I'd like y'all to get some old or new athletes together, 50, 60 yr olds, even folks as old as Ricepig, to start Pickleball.  If we get it going in one of your gyms, it'll spread to the all of em, and raise your quality of life.  LOL  Seriously, Arkansas is behind on this, catching up, but NEA is dragging.  Outside of Heber Springs anyway - they're about to pay their community center off with the 3rd Annual Heber Fever.  But outside of Heber and Hot Springs, Arkansas players are dropping their money off in surrounding states every other weekend.  I'd be happy to come back over if rice would put me up in a barn.  I'll work for food....  Understand this is a future Olympic Sport.  In fact the US Open Pickleball Championship will be on TV next month.  They're mostly pro's, play on the pickleball pro tour, but almost anyone can play the sport at some level.  It's an awesome church youth group builder btw......

I saw a special on Channel 7 the other day about the Pickleball going on in HSV, there seemed to be some good players in that area.

bigchief72455

Used to play pickleball in junior high at Paragould.

Valleysports

April 19, 2017, 11:47:13 am #11 Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:49:07 am by Valleysports
Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2017, 02:50:26 pm
I saw a special on Channel 7 the other day about the Pickleball going on in HSV, there seemed to be some good players in that area.

Those are my playing partners, every Friday morning.  i have that interview clip on my facebook, wonder if I can get it to here.

Valleysports

Quote from: bigchief72455 on April 18, 2017, 03:03:21 pm
Used to play pickleball in junior high at Paragould.

You're on the team (Captain).   :D   Talk it around, see who might be interested.  Most people think it's an old person's sport etc., etc, until I get em on the court.  Then the light comes on!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on April 19, 2017, 11:47:13 am
Those are my playing partners, every Friday morning.  i have that interview clip on my facebook, wonder if I can get it to here.
Those guys were good, though.... ;D

Valleysports

April 20, 2017, 12:28:45 pm #14 Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:35:18 pm by Valleysports
http://katv.com/sports/content/pickleball-is-a-fast-growing-sport

Yes they are - the one being interviewed (yellow shirt) is pretty much my coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas