• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 2021

Started by fbhound, April 08, 2021, 06:12:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fbhound

Any information on how Shiloh Christian and PG will be this upcoming season?  The next 4 months will pass quickly and some Spring practicing might give us a clue to returning high # of players for both schools. The discussion about private schools vs public and implications of AAA input etc is still an ongoing issue it seems. Playing up one class from your enrollment # of students remains a problem for the likes of  Shiloh Christian and Subiaco and many other private schools around the state. I am not for a league of private schools only, too much far traveling for Friday night games, etc...

I sure hope there are no game cancellations due to Covid-19 like last year which sure spoiled much higher wins for some good teams that had few to no Covid + players on the team compared to many Covid + players on smaller teams. Anyway, a forfeit is certainly different from a postponed game in which there was no win or loss given to either team's record. Always issues to discuss by the AAA before the Fall games start.
FBH

HSFBF

Agree and hope Covid does not interfere again this Fall season. It also affected the way tickets were sold and usually "on line" in advance, etc. Just not allowing to pay cash at the entrance gate is a problem and hoping you got to the game and did not exceed the # of fans allowed in after driving an hour or two getting there... Sure hurt local concession stand sales too. Fingers crossed!

beach bum

1) Shiloh Christian- return the QB and a mix of the rest of the starters. Will they be as good as last year? I think they can be pretty close with bringing up some young talent to mix in and depth

2) Prairie Grove- going to have some big and physical kids across the board. Should be the most physical team in a while for them. The issue is can they get solid QB play? It doesn't have to be great QB play, but it can't be a weakness. Replacing a crafty and smart QB will be tough. One thing working in PG's favor is playing Shiloh earlier in the conference slate. Maybe they can catch them as the Saints are still gelling and make for a good battle? It was a pretty good game until the Saints pulled away in the 4th

3) Elkins- still enough talent there in my mind to finish in this place in the conference. Teams like Huntsville and Gravette will have to make a pretty big jump to catch the Elks for the 3 spot although I guess they could

4)Gravette- their annual middle of the pack is where they probably land again

5)Huntsville- if they can replace their scrappy RB with another solid one I could see them getting 4th with a good year

6)Green Forest- maybe I am being way too optimistic but they return almost everyone and they did win one conference game last year. They will only have to win one more to land here. They are the one team in my predictions who could drop a couple spots too

7) Gentry-  this is the one team that could do way better than my prediction and jump up 2 or 3 spots. They just lost a lot of skill talent though. Where will the points come from?

8 ) Berryville- going to be tough next year no matter who took this job. Not a lot of speed on the roster unless they can convince some soccer and basketball kids the play on the edge at WR and make an impact right away. We'll see what kind of leaps they make after 2021 though

fbhound

Good assessment Beach Bum!  I do think Elkins will drop below its usual #2-3 ranking in past years. The new smaller QB is unproven at this time and the Elks lost 2-3 great receivers and some big linemen. But as you indicate, not but one or two schools could take over #3 and Elks would still be #4  due to weakness in the bottom 4.  Huntsville will probable climb to #3.
TU for your assessment..

x14113

The California view:

1 ) Shiloh (1)
2 ) Prairie Grove (8 )
3 ) Elkins (17)
4 ) Gentry (27)
5 ) Huntsville (31)
6 ) Gravette (42)
7 ) Green Forest (44)
8 ) Berryville (46)

I don't think the Lions are going to stay in the 40s for long.

beach bum

Quote from: x14113 on June 18, 2021, 12:05:08 pmThe California view:

1 ) Shiloh (1)
2 ) Prairie Grove (8 )
3 ) Elkins (17)
4 ) Gentry (27)
5 ) Huntsville (31)
6 ) Gravette (42)
7 ) Green Forest (44)
8 ) Berryville (46)

I don't think the Lions are going to stay in the 40s for long.

I am hearing Gravette might struggle, but I agree in the 40's does not seem likely. I still think 4th through 6th is where they may land. Gentry might be tabbed too high. It will hard for them to replace the skill players they lost.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas