• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Move ins/ transfers

Started by xadboy, March 05, 2017, 08:42:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xadboy

How many schools teams started 5 kids that started at their respective schools from kindergarten?

jsky14

neds

I will take your bait. The answer for Episcopal is zero. The school did not have a kindergarten when this high school class was that young.
Why would you start this thread? Are you mad at Charleston or Lamar or ECS or North Little Rock or 200 other schools that have had transfers??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: neds on March 05, 2017, 08:58:34 am
I will take your bait. The answer for Episcopal is zero. The school did not have a kindergarten when this high school class was that young.
Why would you start this thread? Are you mad at Charleston or Lamar or ECS or North Little Rock or 200 other schools that have had transfers??

Mad that everyone keeps pointing out that Lamar's best 3 players moved in this season

Dc4life

Longfellow

All 5 starters from TR are homegrown

BoxNOne

Riversides are all homegrown.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on March 05, 2017, 10:14:42 am
All 5 starters from TR are homegrown

How many TR kids at other schools?

BigMan15

With Charleston
Rowland  Yes
Hampton Yes
Ewing Yes
Green Was homeschooled but lived in Charleston all his life
Fenner Moved in 6th grade
Caudle Yes
Keener Yes
B Rowland Yes
Lockridge Yes

That's the top 9 this year!!

Longfellow

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 05, 2017, 10:23:24 am
How many TR kids at other schools?
Danville recruiting has hit a bit of a rough patch in TR. I think we may have more of their kids now. But then again, they actually live in our district

Head Lion

Manila, been there since T ball

xadboy

The reason I started this was to prove a point. Wether you move in an earlier grade or a later grade, as long as you haven't broke a rule it doesn't matter when you transfer. Are people complaining about 6th graders transferring? No they are not.

zebra73

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: zebra73 on March 12, 2017, 02:27:33 pm
not the girls

Their Quick point guard came from Brookland
She is a dandy

ChokeNPoke

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 12, 2017, 02:40:36 pm
Their Quick point guard came from Brookland
She is a dandy
I wouldn't take it that far. She went to armorel before brookland if I can remember right. But correct me if I'm wrong!

beach bum

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2017, 02:55:05 pm
The reason I started this was to prove a point. Wether you move in an earlier grade or a later grade, as long as you haven't broke a rule it doesn't matter when you transfer. Are people complaining about 6th graders transferring? No they are not.

Why do we call it "transferring" when a family moves because a parent got a better new job in a new town and they move? Isn't that just a family moving and not the stupid label "transferring"... When I think of transferring I think of a family living and staying in a town, but deciding the neighboring school district is better and putting their kid in the neighboring district.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 05, 2017, 09:03:11 am
Mad that everyone keeps pointing out that Lamar's best 3 players moved in this season

+1

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on March 05, 2017, 11:53:37 am
Danville recruiting has hit a bit of a rough patch in TR. I think we may have more of their kids now. But then again, they actually live in our district

Those Little Johns do know how to be a thorn in the side for sure....

xadboy

Quote from: beach bum on March 12, 2017, 08:10:34 pm
Why do we call it "transferring" when a family moves because a parent got a better new job in a new town and they move? Isn't that just a family moving and not the stupid label "transferring"... When I think of transferring I think of a family living and staying in a town, but deciding the neighboring school district is better and putting their kid in the neighboring district.
Good point bum. I have to agree with you.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on March 12, 2017, 08:10:34 pm
There are some that do it just because of a high school sport. See that Monk guy who now is from Lepanto again.

ZestyJester

Kindergarten? ? How many of you starters were at Lamar in the 10th grade? 1? Gimme a break. You only made this thread because you know what your school did aint right and your hoping someone will tell you it's ok. But it aint. Make any pathetic excuse you want, im sure you will.

smallybells

Quote from: ZestyJester on March 14, 2017, 09:07:04 am
Kindergarten? ? How many of you starters were at Lamar in the 10th grade? 1? Gimme a break. You only made this thread because you know what your school did aint right and your hoping someone will tell you it's ok. But it aint. Make any pathetic excuse you want, im sure you will.

I have no dog in this fight. I will say this however, right or or wrong, this type of thing is nothing new, nor is it isolated to any one school or classification. Players having an address in another district that you will never find them at because they actually live somewhere else, moving in with someone unrelated when their family resides somewhere totally different or a residence being supplied for them, is probably more common than anyone would like to admit. If the AAA doesn't take issue, there is really no reason in making a fuss about it because it won't change anything.

dentist15

Quote from: smallybells on March 14, 2017, 10:50:42 am
I have no dog in this fight. I will say this however, right or or wrong, this type of thing is nothing new, nor is it isolated to any one school or classification. Players having an address in another district that you will never find them at because they actually live somewhere else, moving in with someone unrelated when their family resides somewhere totally different or a residence being supplied for them, is probably more common than anyone would like to admit. If the AAA doesn't take issue, there is really no reason in making a fuss about it because it won't change anything.

Excellent points.

RedWolf275

Quote from: smallybells on March 14, 2017, 10:50:42 am

And the AAA doesn't take issue and won't take issue! Great post!!

xadboy

Quote from: ZestyJester on March 14, 2017, 09:07:04 am
Your totally missing the point of this. You don't hear about or complain until it's an athlete who is good. What about the average student who doesn't play or is a bench warmer that never plays. Why raise a fuss about them?

smallybells

Quote from: xadboy on March 14, 2017, 01:43:11 pm
Your totally missing the point of this. You don't hear about or complain until it's an athlete who is good.  What about the average student who doesn't play or is a bench warmer that never plays. Why raise a fuss about them?

You don't see accommodations being made for those types either, and they certainly aren't having any impact on athletic competition, which is the point of concern as far as this site goes generally.

ZestyJester

Wow. I see we have a major integrity problem on here. You should be ashamed really. First you make a lame "uhhh well everybody does it so whatever" argument which isn't even close to true. I live in this part of the state and no team in this area outside of Lamar does that. County Line? Nope. Paris? Nope. Scranton? Nope. Booneville? Nope. Lavaca? Nope. Dardanelle? Nope. Charleston? Nope. Im sure that gets you but look at thete team this year. All chucktown kids. Thats just bogus to act like Lamar isn't alone in this. Then you make a crazy statement about how people shouldn't complain if nothing is done. Hey genius, maybe nothing isnt done because people don't make enough of a fuss. And to say it's not an issue when the kid isn't good, well in my experience those kids dont get recruted. Your acting like they're the same thing when they aren't. Because your dishonest. Period. Get on here and slap each other on the back about it some more. It's what your good at. Because you have to be dishonest to look at what Lamar has done and shrug your shoulders and say no big deal. But you know what? Your not trying to convince me. Or anyone else on here. No sir. You're trying to convince yourself. Because deep down you know your school is guilty as sin and you just want to feel better about yourself. I take no issue with the kids themselves. I'm sure they're good kids just getting yanked around in all this. But the adults here, the ones pulling the strings, the coaches and administrators that allow it, and the fans that blindly accept it while THEIR towns kids are sitting behind the recruiting class should be ashamed. It's pathetic. But just keep living your lies so you can sleep. Send your district and regional trophies to Russellville where they belong. But I'm done with your dishonesty. Peace out.

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on March 05, 2017, 01:21:17 pm
Manila, been there since T ball

As Larry the Cable Guy says........that's funny right there no matter who you are!   I can think of 4 or 5 that moved from BIC that play basketball and baseball...... think one still lives at Carmi in the BIC district.  SMH LOL

You just use those alternative facts HL!!

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on March 14, 2017, 05:40:10 pm
As Larry the Cable Guy says........that's funny right there no matter who you are!   I can think of 4 or 5 that moved from BIC that play basketball and baseball...... think one still lives at Carmi in the BIC district.  SMH LOL

You just use those alternative facts HL!!
I believe the thread was of the starting 5? Having dimentia Oldref?

smallybells

Don't get on here and grandstand with me bud, I don't really get too bent out of shape about the stuff and definitely don't try to use Charleston as an example of purity. I can name several instances in recent years (of course I'm not going to on here) of some of the stuff that has been mentioned. These things happen and you can raise all the fuss you want and the AAA still won't have the manpower or the finances to keep it in check, so good luck.

Oldref

Quote from: Head Lion on March 14, 2017, 05:44:36 pm
I believe the thread was of the starting 5? Having dimentia Oldref?
Guess so HL.......it that's the deal excusssseeee me LOL

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on March 14, 2017, 06:04:55 pm
Guess so HL.......it that's the deal excusssseeee me LOL
No problem

zebra73

I know of a few that use P.O. Box addresses. How does that work? I know it works at some schools in the Delta

jrhall2

I think they are suppose to show current water, utility bills with their guardians name on them.

xadboy

Quote from: ZestyJester on March 14, 2017, 05:08:47 pm
Wow. I see we have a major integrity problem on here. You should be ashamed really. First you make a lame "uhhh well everybody does it so whatever" argument which isn't even close to true. I live in this part of the state and no team in this area outside of Lamar does that. County Line? Nope. Paris? Nope. Scranton? Nope. Booneville? Nope. Lavaca? Nope. Dardanelle? Nope. Charleston? Nope. Im sure that gets you but look at thete team this year. All chucktown kids. Thats just bogus to act like Lamar isn't alone in this. Then you make a crazy statement about how people shouldn't complain if nothing is done. Hey genius, maybe nothing isnt done because people don't make enough of a fuss. And to say it's not an issue when the kid isn't good, well in my experience those kids dont get recruted. Your acting like they're the same thing when they aren't. Because your dishonest. Period. Get on here and slap each other on the back about it some more. It's what your good at. Because you have to be dishonest to look at what Lamar has done and shrug your shoulders and say no big deal. But you know what? Your not trying to convince me. Or anyone else on here. No sir. You're trying to convince yourself. Because deep down you know your school is guilty as sin and you just want to feel better about yourself. I take no issue with the kids themselves. I'm sure they're good kids just getting yanked around in all this. But the adults here, the ones pulling the strings, the coaches and administrators that allow it, and the fans that blindly accept it while THEIR towns kids are sitting behind the recruiting class should be ashamed. It's pathetic. But just keep living your lies so you can sleep. Send your district and regional trophies to Russellville where they belong. But I'm done with your dishonesty. Peace out.
Dishonest? Where on here did I say anything about Charleston or Lamar? Just a simple thing about starters growing up in the district. Obviously you have a problem with Charleston and Lamar. Give us proof of any wrong doing on our part. Seems like you have some so bring it. Don't be hating us just because we kicked your butt all over the place.

WHERE'S THE PROOF?

zebra73

Quote from: jrhall2 on March 15, 2017, 03:30:51 pm
I think they are suppose to show current water, utility bills with their guardians name on them.
they they all have either physical or p.o.. box addresses.  Either way it's going to have a legal guardian either way.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas