• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Scores

Started by BossHogs, March 03, 2017, 11:46:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BossHogs

Put all the scores of 1A teams here please.

BossHogs

All I know is scores of Woodlawns games.

They beat Monticello 18-8 in a practice game.

They beat Warren 10-0

And they beat Dewitt 17-0

So they're 3-0..... 2-0? Whatever you want to call it.

tacklethis...

Dierks over Mboro 9-0
Dierks over Fouke 6-3 in the Outlaw Classic.

Katdaddy

Looks like that weight lifting is paying off !!!!! ;D

tacklethis...

Quote from: Katdaddy on March 05, 2017, 02:53:38 pm
Looks like that weight lifting is paying off !!!!! ;D

Yep...

BossHogs

BossHogs

Woodlawn 15 Quachita 0 in 5

tacklethis...

Dierks over Horatio 7-6

BossHogs

That's a great Win for Deirks. Horatio is always a good team.

Katdaddy

I will get to see Dierks play in a couple of weeks. Ive heard some talk about them having a great chance to win a state championship this year with all their talent and depth

tacklethis...

Quote from: Katdaddy on March 10, 2017, 08:55:27 am
I will get to see Dierks play in a couple of weeks. Ive heard some talk about them having a great chance to win a state championship this year with all their talent and depth

A lot of good teams in the way...Woodlawn comes to mind.

tacklethis...

Ashdown 5-1 over Dierks
Junction 8-7 over Dierks

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on March 14, 2017, 07:58:58 am
Ashdown 5-1 over Dierks
Junction 8-7 over Dierks

Quality opponents will prepare Dierks for conference and postseason play.  With this new blended conference structure, many of the lower classification teams may not have the gaudy records you have seen in the past.  But when May rolls around, it will be clear who is prepared and I expect the Outlaws to be a factor.  May not win the whole thing but will be a tough out in state tournament. 

Just my humble (biased) opinion. 

tacklethis...

Ashdown is the team to beat right now and you know Junction will compete for a title in 3A.

tacklethis...

Dierks 12-2,6-0 over Mboro in a doubleheader.

BoxNOne

12-14-2017

Bay 15 Cross County 1

Oldref

Bay over Marked Tree Thursday 8-0

Oldref

Saturday 3-18-17

Bay 2   Sloan Hendrix 1

Bay 3   Trumann 1

BoxNOne

3-20-2017

Bay 13 Tuckerman 3

tacklethis...

Dierks over Jessieville 12-1 in Magnet Cove tourney

tacklethis...

Dierks over Haskel Harmony Grove 5-4 in extra innings...

tacklethis...

littlec2964

BannerMountainMan

Shirley beat Bradford 8-7 the other day

BoxNOne

BannerMountainMan

T-Bone

BannerMountainMan

tacklethis...

Lead hill can do better than that.

T-Bone

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 29, 2017, 02:44:45 pm
Yes..

Ouch!  We have played a few this year that we had to hold players up on bases and that is not a good way to get better.  Not good for either team.

tacklethis...

Scoring 42 runs in a game is beyond sorry. Worst display of sportsmanship I've ever heard of in Arkansas sports, if this score is correct.

Oldref

Rugman15

Quote from: tacklethis... on March 29, 2017, 07:25:27 pm
Scoring 42 runs in a game is beyond sorry. Worst display of sportsmanship I've ever heard of in Arkansas sports, if this score is correct.

Can't stop yourself from doing it if the other team makes errors or mistakes. 

Auron12

Quote from: Rugman15 on March 29, 2017, 09:01:34 pm

Yes, you can.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Rugman15 on March 29, 2017, 09:01:34 pm
ive played many bad teams but somehow we never let it get past 20. 42 is just ridiculous

tacklethis...

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 30, 2017, 11:04:17 am
ive played many bad teams but somehow we never let it get past 20. 42 is just ridiculous

Agreed.

littlec2964

Taylor 8
Junction City 1

Rugman15

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 30, 2017, 11:04:17 am

*shrugs* oh well.  Scoring 42 is eye opening for sure, and yes there is a lack of sportsmanship involved.  But, if the coach wanted to keep scoring in order to either make a statement, or get his players better, then there is nothing we can do about it. 

tacklethis...

Quote from: Rugman15 on March 31, 2017, 09:32:07 am
*shrugs* oh well.  Scoring 42 is eye opening for sure, and yes there is a lack of sportsmanship involved.  But, if the coach wanted to keep scoring in order to either make a statement, or get his players better, then there is nothing we can do about it.

If that coach is under my supervision, there is something I can do. It is also the umpires responsbility to keep this from happening if the coach is that big of a jerk.

Blue hole

Wonder if this is the team that chanted from the dug out? 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: tacklethis... on March 31, 2017, 10:12:47 am
If that coach is under my supervision, there is something I can do. It is also the umpires responsbility to keep this from happening if the coach is that big of a jerk.

I must ask...   What is the umpire suppose to do?    I must say this... An umpire should not be put in that position. 

NWA Hawg

He shouldn't be but he can sure widen that strike zone.

ricepig

Quote from: fann07 on March 31, 2017, 01:11:37 pm
He shouldn't be but he can sure widen that strike zone.

It usually takes about a 10 run lead to accomplish that, "blue" isn't being paid by the hour.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: ricepig on March 31, 2017, 01:20:07 pm
It usually takes about a 10 run lead to accomplish that, "blue" isn't being paid by the hour.

what can you do as a blue if they can't even get it hittable?       In softball the runner can leave early or batter step across the plate when pitcher & catcher are ready..    In baseball get picked off , bunt , swing at everything  ...  there are things that could be done to keep Mr.Blue out of the mix..   You know if its a ball in the 1st inning it should be in the 3rd inning too.. right?

ricepig

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on March 31, 2017, 01:35:02 pm
what can you do as a blue if they can't even get it hittable?       In softball the runner can leave early or batter step across the plate when pitcher & catcher are ready..    In baseball get picked off , bunt , swing at everything  ...  there are things that could be done to keep Mr.Blue out of the mix..   You know if its a ball in the 1st inning it should be in the 3rd inning too.. right?

Should, of course, is it, nope. Until they come up with a K-Zone for every at bat, the human element will always be involved.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

you got that right. and even with the k zone its not always a strike...   I say this because of a blue I know lets just say real well :D  had a game the other day & the home team had put up 19 runs in the 1st inning & still batting. The other team was on their 3rd pitcher. There was nothing he could do. They couldn't even get one close & when they did they hit it.   The coaches have got to help in these situations.

BannerMountainMan

Shirley 7 Bruno-Pyatt 4

tacklethis...

Dierks over Trinity twice in a double header
Dierks over Foreman twice in a double header.

BossHogs

Don't worry. Woodlawn will take care of Lead Hill if they meet up. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: BossHogs on April 01, 2017, 12:58:36 pm
Don't worry. Woodlawn will take care of Lead Hill if they meet up.
Lead is not very good besides one person. He throws about 85 and pitched 6 innings against Shirley and Shirley only lost 7-1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas