• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville @ Jonesboro 4:30 @JHS field Tuesday

Started by T-Bone, May 01, 2017, 07:57:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone

Should be a good game.  Looking forward to the matchup.  And a very important game for either to win.

ricepig

Winner gets a bye in the state tournament, so it's paramount to win this game.

NEA Razorback olfan

ricepig

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 01, 2017, 08:30:07 pm
Cane! Unless you think we are jealous of our brother?

Lol, I love auto correct
Good Luck to the Cane as in Jonesboro Hurricane

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on May 01, 2017, 08:35:15 pm
Lol, I love auto correct
Good Luck to the Cane as in Jonesboro Hurricane

Appreciate the support, according the Sun, we'll be conference mates in about 10 years, haha.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ricepig on May 01, 2017, 08:48:12 pm
Appreciate the support, according the Sun, we'll be conference mates in about 10 years, haha.

I hope not, we can't compete vs the State Defending Champs!!!
Brookland is growing , but hopefully we will only jump up one classification ,lol

ricepig

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on May 01, 2017, 08:56:26 pm
I hope not, we can't compete vs the State Defending Champs!!!
Brookland is growing , but hopefully we will only jump up one classification ,lol

Well, in 10 years, that's 5 more classification cycles. I doubt you jump up that much, but you might make it to the top half of 5A, and it appears the 16 teams of 6A and the top 16 of 5A will be in the same classification for every sport but football in 2018. Who knows, in 2022, you may be in the conference.

WoodenBat

Quote from: T-Bone on May 01, 2017, 07:57:27 pm
Should be a good game.  Looking forward to the matchup.  And a very important game for either to win.

is this the field behind their Jr. high school?

T-Bone

Quote from: WoodenBat on May 02, 2017, 06:18:51 am
is this the field behind their Jr. high school?

Yes it is the JHS field but behind Annie Camp Jr. High off Nettleton.  I worded the heading a little misleading.  You can park out front of school and walk in or go behind school and park.  May be crowded in back unless early.

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on May 02, 2017, 07:04:22 am
Yes it is the JHS field but behind Annie Camp Jr. High off Nettleton.  I worded the heading a little misleading.  You can park out front of school and walk in or go behind school and park.  May be crowded in back unless early.

The girls host Searcy in softball at 5, so parking will be at it's usual premium.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on May 02, 2017, 07:13:25 am
The girls host Searcy in softball at 5, so parking will be at it's usual premium.

If you park on the street by the field there is a very good chance you get a ticket and or towed.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on May 02, 2017, 10:09:34 am
If you park on the street by the field there is a very good chance you get a ticket and or towed.

Well, they will allow parking once the AC parking lot is full. What they won't allow is parking further down the streets amongst the houses, or blocking driveways. They don't like it when people park on both sides of the street making it where you can't have 2-way traffic. But in other words, it's a mess....m

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on May 02, 2017, 10:16:52 am
Well, they will allow parking once the AC parking lot is full. What they won't allow is parking further down the streets amongst the houses, or blocking driveways. They don't like it when people park on both sides of the street making it where you can't have 2-way traffic. But in other words, it's a mess....m

Yeah that's what I was referring to. Parking is why Jonesboro will never host a state tournament. At least not at it's home field.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on May 02, 2017, 10:25:21 am
Yeah that's what I was referring to. Parking is why Jonesboro will never host a state tournament. At least not at it's home field.

Well, truthfully, it doesn't say anything about parking on the "invitation to host form", it just says you need "Two lighted playing fields that meet NFHS regulations are required for 1st and 2nd round games." I don't even think that enters into discussion on 7A and 6A anymore with only four games on Thursday and Friday.

OB11

Quote from: ricepig on May 02, 2017, 11:02:40 am
Well, truthfully, it doesn't say anything about parking on the "invitation to host form", it just says you need "Two lighted playing fields that meet NFHS regulations are required for 1st and 2nd round games." I don't even think that enters into discussion on 7A and 6A anymore with only four games on Thursday and Friday.

True, but I don't think a coach or administrator would want to have to deal with that headache on top of making sure everything else was running smoothly.

T-Bone

Much like did the egg or the chicken come first?

My honest thought is if the field was there before the houses, or before any of the people living in them, then it is the person living in the houses that needs to adjust.  Yes be considerate and don't park in their drive way or in their yard but the road out front is paid by the tax payers  and is fair game.  If a person moves to a house next to a golf course they accept responsibility and should expect issues. 

ricepig

Quote from: T-Bone on May 02, 2017, 03:46:49 pm
Much like did the egg or the chicken come first?

My honest thought is if the field was there before the houses, or before any of the people living in them, then it is the person living in the houses that needs to adjust.  Yes be considerate and don't park in their drive way or in their yard but the road out front is paid by the tax payers  and is fair game.  If a person moves to a house next to a golf course they accept responsibility and should expect issues.

They moved the field there in the early 90's?? Those houses were there before the baseball and softball fields were added. Also, there has to be room for traffic to go both ways on the street, there isn't if both sides have cars parking. There is no parking signs from the city in some area, not sure how far they extend. Having said all of that, the school could make a parking lot in front of the concession stand off of Ferrell St.

ricepig

Bomber_Believer

MH 5
Marion 2
Looks like MH vs Jonesboro Saturday.

ricepig

Quote from: Bomber_Believer on May 02, 2017, 08:31:35 pm
MH 5
Marion 2
Looks like MH vs Jonesboro Saturday.

Yep, congrats on the win. I asked earlier on a time and they hadn't set it yet. I'm guessing with MH winning it might start later than if Marion had won.

mlrfo4

ricepig

Quote from: mlrfo4 on May 03, 2017, 04:03:00 pm
Game is at 2

You better double check the roads on Saturday, 63 is still closed at Portia, so it will be via Bald Knob if it isn't open by then, safe travels.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2017, 09:29:14 pm
You better double check the roads on Saturday, 63 is still closed at Portia, so it will be via Bald Knob if it isn't open by then, safe travels.

Looks like 63 is back open between Portia and Hoxie.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas