• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jessieville vs Hoxie

Started by teachers pet, March 02, 2017, 08:59:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

Big girl vs big girl, who you got?

NEA Razorback olfan

BoxNOne

Hitman Warrior23

Big girl goes to Jessieville what she have 37 points and like 18 rebounds last night? Hoxie has very good scoring guards.  Have not seen Hoxie play just max preps.  Ill go Jessieville close but that is a very uneduacted guess.

MustangRampage

Lampo, for Jessieville, is as good a post player as we have seen this year.  However, that being said, I like the matchup for Hoxie.  I feel like we do a pretty good job defending the paint on most nights.  I think if our D comes to play tonight and we make our free throws, we'll move on to the semifinals for the first time in school history.  Here's to safe travels for all and an injury free game for both teams. 

Go Mustangs!

RedWolf275

Hoxie will have the best guard on the floor

Paperman

Devyn Pollard (#20) will be the best guard, and, probably the best player, on the floor. I go with the Mustangs by a half dozen.

teachers pet

Head Lion

What's that smell, trying to fry up a little home cooking for Jessieville???

MustangRampage

I usually try not to complain about the officiating, because I understand that it's a hard job, but that was ridiculous tonight.  They tried everything they could to take that game away from our girls.  Jessieville is a really good team, but they had a lot of help tonight.

Hitman Warrior23

WOW WHAT A GAME! GREAT JOB TO BOTH TEAMS!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: MustangRampage on March 02, 2017, 09:43:25 pm
I usually try not to complain about the officiating, because I understand that it's a hard job, but that was ridiculous tonight.  They tried everything they could to take that game away from our girls.  Jessieville is a really good team, but they had a lot of help tonight.

On video (and really I think both teams are great) both teams could have complained about the calls.   But that's just live stream video and not the best quality .   Best of luck yall are very good

MustangRampage

Thanks Hitman!  Hopefully the girls will be able to get some rest and be ready to go for the early game on Saturday.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: MustangRampage on March 02, 2017, 10:51:38 pm
Thanks Hitman!  Hopefully the girls will be able to get some rest and be ready to go for the early game on Saturday.

Yes congrats on getting to the 2nd round.  We gotta beat "the team to beat" (Yes I know yall beat them) in Valley tomorrow to get to play Saturday..Hopefully we can pull it off they put more pressure on the ball we have seen this year, its,all about matchups :)

MustangRampage

They're extremely disciplined and execute heir game plan well.  #2 is heir best player, and if she gets to the line, she doesn't miss.  Your game has all the makings of a great high school basketball game.

teachers pet

Every team can complain about officiating, personally I get tired of hearing it. A good coach sees how the officials are going to call a game and makes adjustments during the game. It is what it is.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: teachers pet on March 03, 2017, 06:53:48 am
Every team can complain about officiating, personally I get tired of hearing it. A good coach sees how the officials are going to call a game and makes adjustments during the game. It is what it is.
From a non-biased opinion with no connection to either team I understand the complaints on this one. I hate people having excuses for losing the game and if Hoxie would have loss this game it would have had nothing to do with the refs. Hoxie had plenty of mistakes that they could have fixed. In this case though there were 2-3 crazy calls that you can't do anything to adjust to as a coach or player. To end the first half they call a foul as the horn goes off on Jessieville for hitting #12 from hoxie as she was catching the post pass, but the official tries to give the ball to Jessieville to throw in with .4 seconds left....after about a 2 minute delay with confusion they end up giving the foul to the Hoxie player instead. The biggest one came in the 3rd quarter when 23 from Jessieville fouled #12 from Hoxie going for the rebound and they called it but called it on 23 white instead of blue (23 white wasn't even involved in the play), this gave 23 from hoxie her 4th foul. Both teams played aggressive in the post but between the two post from Hoxie they had 7 fouls before the Jessieville post received her first foul. The Jessieville post player was a lot more fundamentally sound on defense then either Hoxie player but she should have been called for a few offensive displacement calls. That was my first time getting to see 23 from Jessieville...I think Harding got one heck of a player. It's very seldom you find post players that work as hard as she does. I never saw her take a play off and she continued to work no matter where the ball was at. She was hands down the best player on the court.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 03, 2017, 08:31:39 am
From a non-biased opinion with no connection to either team I understand the complaints on this one. I hate people having excuses for losing the game and if Hoxie would have loss this game it would have had nothing to do with the refs. Hoxie had plenty of mistakes that they could have fixed. In this case though there were 2-3 crazy calls that you can't do anything to adjust to as a coach or player. To end the first half they call a foul as the horn goes off on Jessieville for hitting #12 from hoxie as she was catching the post pass, but the official tries to give the ball to Jessieville to throw in with .4 seconds left....after about a 2 minute delay with confusion they end up giving the foul to the Hoxie player instead. The biggest one came in the 3rd quarter when 23 from Jessieville fouled #12 from Hoxie going for the rebound and they called it but called it on 23 white instead of blue (23 white wasn't even involved in the play), this gave 23 from hoxie her 4th foul. Both teams played aggressive in the post but between the two post from Hoxie they had 7 fouls before the Jessieville post received her first foul. The Jessieville post player was a lot more fundamentally sound on defense then either Hoxie player but she should have been called for a few offensive displacement calls. That was my first time getting to see 23 from Jessieville...I think Harding got one heck of a player. It's very seldom you find post players that work as hard as she does. I never saw her take a play off and she continued to work no matter where the ball was at. She was hands down the best player on the court.

Harding?

Head Lion

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 03, 2017, 08:31:39 am
Very well stated

Basketballfan13

I was told last night she had an offer from Astate, but chose to go to Harding to play next year. Could be wrong, but came from a good source.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 03, 2017, 11:43:32 am
I was told last night she had an offer from Astate, but chose to go to Harding to play next year. Could be wrong, but came from a good source.

Yes it through me off!  Yes she is a beast!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on March 03, 2017, 11:30:46 am
Harding?
I believe I saw in an earlier thread that she had committed to play college ball at Harding.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: MustangRampage on March 03, 2017, 12:29:34 am
They're extremely disciplined and execute heir game plan well.  #2 is heir best player, and if she gets to the line, she doesn't miss.  Your game has all the makings of a great high school basketball game.

Hats off to Valley they  fought hard persevered absolutely earned it.  We started off hot attacking and pressing, and stopped. But I'm sure there was a good train though  I thought Lamar had a chance this year.   Just disappointing my daughter is just a Freshman and I honestly thought this was her best chance.   I said it a few times needed to lose in district or Reginals ti get hungry again.    We like 20 in a row conference, District,  and Reginals it was a good season.    That's my boo hoo statement.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas